( search forums )
My server keeps losing sync with lobbys!
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Vangelis
June 4, 2005, 6:37 pm
Ok. I have DSL, 3m/768k, no router, one firewall, with Soldat dedicated given full internet access rights. My server keeps losing sync with both lobby servers,even when I have nothing else running. Registering, registered, registering over and over and over. I cant even find my own server in the lobby. This is becoming really annoying. Is there any way I can remedy this problem? Here is a link to the problem...: http://img246.echo.cx/img246/9646/problem7mf.png

Thanks in advance.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 5, 2005, 12:59 pm
Does anybody else have this problem? Maybe the lobby is overloaded?

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 2:02 pm
My server has been doing this since 2.2.8 was released

Pixofied
June 5, 2005, 2:56 pm
Mine always does it, I though it was normal... :/

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 4:46 pm
Michal, can you confirm the ingame lobby via soldat actually queries the server on the correct port (not just using the default soldat query port), because sometimes servers do not show up that:

* Are running on the non-standard gameport
* Have 2 or more servers running off the same host

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 4:23 pm
I have same problem, and it's really annoying. i'm using dedicaded server 2.2.9. Is it some kind of bug? how can i fix it? it keeps registering the server all the time and i can't found it on lobby server list. btw, i haven't got this problem in earlier versions.

hock3y
June 6, 2005, 10:01 pm
It happens once in a while for me, then it will stay connected, its off and on, I thought it was normal but I guess not?

Vangelis
June 7, 2005, 3:13 am
Ok. Now my server stays connected, but I still cant find it in the lobby, and people besides myself cant get connected to it via IP. If hosting a 3rd lobby server will help with this problem, I might be willing to use one of my other computers as a dedicated lobby server.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 7, 2005, 1:52 pm
What if you leave just 'lobby.soldat.pl' in lobby_servers.txt ?

plasma: maybe they don't show up because of this problem?

EDIT:
I'll increase the time which the lobby drops a server if there is no response, it should help.

Deleted User
June 7, 2005, 9:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by PixofiedMine always does it, I though it was normal... :/

Same.

Vangelis
June 8, 2005, 1:25 am
Ok. Put only " lobby.soldat.pl ", closed and saved,opened dedicated, ran a server. Loaded the list of servers 5 times. I asked a friend, he found it in the lobby, but ping was ???,but he couldnt get connected to it. And, now it appears that its disconnecting over and over and over. Again, I extend the offer to host a dedicated lobby server.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 8, 2005, 3:50 pm
I don't think hosting a new lobby server would solve the problem, but thanks. If you get ping ??? then there is something wrong with your server, a firewall is blocking or something. If that's not the issue try setting in soldat.ini Dont_Forward=1.

FliesLikeABrick
June 9, 2005, 2:27 am
upon looking, my servers (all 3) reregister with the lobby frequently too, and i dont have any problems with ports or anything, the servers have been running fine for a year and some months

Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 12:54 am
I have the same problem as Vangelis, i want to run a nice ctf-server (TotallySpies) but only get listed for the first 60 sec when server is started :/

i have version 2.29. on earlier version i didnt had this problems ...

maybe i downgrade my server??? (paranoid: are some servers get filtered by lobby???)

Deleted User
July 25, 2005, 1:05 am
you should keep turning on and off the server intill ull see your server above in the lobby page , if u see it low in the page it will be gone in 2 mnt's
this sucks but they say it will be fixed on next version
i think it got slot's and when someone disconnect u might catch the slot he was in , im not sure but seems like it works that way.. a waiting list or somthin like that would solve the problam

FliesLikeABrick
July 25, 2005, 2:11 am
MM is aware of the problem and looking for causes/solutions... i remind him of it pretty often :P

MOFO NOFO
July 25, 2005, 8:24 am
Ooft, vang is back.