( search forums )
Dedicated on LAN, problems
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Colin_00
June 5, 2005, 1:23 am
Please be kind,
i am trying to host a LAN tournament, and i have the latest Soldat server from Soldat.pl, and i do not want it to register in the lobby(because it causes the server to Freeze for a few seconds (trying to register in lobby). cause i am only having it being played on my Network, i have 6 computers connecting to it for gameplay, and about every 30secs it freezes trying to register to lobby.

i have messed around with the Soldat.ini, and the soldat setting in game, i just want to be able to play on lan with friends, on a local dedicated server(not connectedto the internet), and not have it try to register in lobby everytime i play. also, i have no prior experience running a dedicated, and have all my ini files in soldat folder fine tuned, but do not know how to execute them in beta soldat server 2.2.9, i have all the soldat admin tool released, and am having problems with advanced commands in the server, i do not want it to register in the lobby, and i want to run a dedicated(which i have built), on my small basement network(the server is not connected to the internet, due to my dialup), but it keeps trying to connect register in internet lobby.

thank you very much, all help is helpful/appractited

n00bface
June 5, 2005, 2:52 am
have you changed this:
Lobby_Register=0

from the [NETWORK] section in the soldat.ini?

quote:and am having problems with advanced commands in the server
Could you give an example of the commands you are having trouble executing?

Colin_00
June 5, 2005, 12:39 pm
Yes i have register_lobby=0, but for reason, my system does not load the soldat ini in my soldat folder(i am using the Soldatserver.exe unzipped to the soldat directory). i have all the ini files configured how i want them, but thay are not getting loaded all the time.
i jsut want my test server to run on my LAN, but it gets a huge lag spike when it tried to register to lobby when i am not connected. i am on 28.8k dialup.
i cannot make my server run the soldat profiles form SARJ/Enchanter
eg. it says ".\soldatserver 23073 12 soldat.ini maplist.txt" and i want to know what that does, and why it os not loading my soldat ini i have created with text editor(which is located in soldat folder).

thanks for any help provided

Test server is:
AMD K6-2 500MHz,windows 2000 prfessional,2GB of ram, dialup modem(not connected all the time), Lan card, the newest dedicated server version(2.2.9)

Michal Marcinkowski
June 5, 2005, 1:01 pm
Lobby_Register=0 doesn't work in this version.
If you don't want your server to be registered in the lobby open "lobby_servers.txt" and delete everything in it.

Colin_00
June 5, 2005, 8:27 pm
ok, great, thx, love soldat, played it for about 3 years now, thanks alot

|n|8|v| io.sys - registered
British Columbia, Canada