( search forums )
VAR_ABOMB
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Cookie`
June 5, 2005, 3:32 am
""I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."-Robert Oppenheimer

Um yea after successfully creating a teleporter in an experiment I decided to take it one step further..... the result was complete destruction... this single blue polygon has enough power to kill 32 soldats... it also has a strange aura around it that does not let anyone touch without releasing its terror,,,,

be careful...

link *right click save link as
Map

screenshot
[IMAGE]

Discuss your thoughts on what should be done about this disaster of a polygon!

-=Edit
If you would like to try the teleport experiment I recreated it just for you karmazon because the other effects did sucked nuts

TeleportON!

The trick to a succesful teleport is to shuffle your feet to one direction when you hit the warp pad

-edit2 this teleport pad isnt as good as the original and will often send you flying through the landing site and wedge you painfully in a polygon! :O

-=edit3
Here is a more controlled teleporter its still not quite right though but you dont get stuck in a polygon
TeleportON!

And if you havnt tryed it yet... throw a grenade at the blue polygon on abomb

karmazon
June 5, 2005, 3:45 am
Its pretty cool, especially when you throw a nade at it, but the rest of its "effects" sucks my balls and you know it.

edit:

I love you

JiggaBlue
June 5, 2005, 5:02 am
Woah, that abomb is sweet. Plus, if that teleportion (Please refrain from swearing) is mastered, damn soldat would be cool.

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 5:38 am
holy crap... testing now.

edit: holy crap i [*b]heart[*/b] throwing grenades at t3h 1337 blue poly!!!

Michal
June 5, 2005, 5:52 am
Hmmm 260 polys on one spot :o
I don't think these teleporters would come in handy in actual maps, it's too unpredictable and the large amount of polys can slow down low end systems.
...But the A bomb is interesting...

Kyklis
June 5, 2005, 6:08 am
:O. Thats insane and creepy :P.

Rambo_6
June 5, 2005, 6:22 am
Explain what this polygon does. Is it a bouncy poly?

Kazuki
June 5, 2005, 6:37 am
Wow ... I don't know how that's even possible. By the way, if you throw your weapons into it, they teleport into you. ^_^ That's why you explode when you throw a grenade in there.

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 6:47 am
holy (Please refrain from swearing), theres 260 polys in that friggin blue thang!!!???

Swebonny
June 5, 2005, 11:13 am
Omg man you have made history :p This is freaking amazing!! I tryed Abomb and the Teleport map...HOLY JeZUS!

Nice Work Cookie`

Cookie`
June 5, 2005, 1:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by KazukiWow ... I don't know how that's even possible. By the way, if you throw your weapons into it, they teleport into you. ^_^ That's why you explode when you throw a grenade in there.

That's what I thought too :P I was thinking it must speed up the weapons and grenades so fast that they can hit everything in the time it takes to explode.. >.< Has anyone tryed it with 2 people yet to try passing weapons?:)

N1nj@
June 5, 2005, 2:34 pm
I can't produce Abomb for some reason? I throwed a nade into that big blue jumpy polygon, but nothing happnes

Swebonny
June 5, 2005, 3:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@I can't produce Abomb for some reason? I throwed a nade into that big blue jumpy polygon, but nothing happnes

Did you try to throw in other directions?

Maxx
June 5, 2005, 3:41 pm
Wow, ABOB is pretty cool, and teleport is awesome.
=D

And in ABOMB, whenever I try to jump on the blue poly, it only shoots me to the left.

caliber
June 5, 2005, 4:01 pm
LOL DUDE THIS MAP IS AWESOME. I spawned like 9 BOTS, AND I KEPT THROWING NADES into the Blue polygon and EVERYONE DIED! LOL. NICE!

Edit: by the way what is Teleport2.pms for? I played the map but this time the triangle doesnt bounce the grenades. It only bounces me. Whats with the Blue fire looking-temple at the top?

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 4:58 pm
hey cookie, im having trouble with the teleport maps. when i jump in the teleporter thingie (which i assume is the vertical hole in on the bottom of the map), i just bounce up and down. is that whats supposed to happen?

karmazon
June 5, 2005, 5:19 pm
aznbl00d he clearly said what you have to do
to make it simpler jump on it, and right before you touch it, hold A(left) or D(right)

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 5, 2005, 5:29 pm
you need to press up at same time on teleport maps then u go really fast and go through the polys like teleport up kinda.

Droopy
June 5, 2005, 5:40 pm
The link doesnt work. None of them.

Darkspirit
June 5, 2005, 5:55 pm
Pretty cool :D!

Give it 11/10 for special effects.

N1nj@
June 5, 2005, 6:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Swebonnyquote:Originally posted by N1nj@I can't produce Abomb for some reason? I throwed a nade into that big blue jumpy polygon, but nothing happnes

Did you try to throw in other directions?
what other directions are there? Do I have to spawn bots to do the abomb?

Avarax
June 5, 2005, 6:35 pm
how many polys did u put in? :D

i'm gonna put 10000polys over each other in my next experimental map :D
will take 3 hours of compiling probably ;D

Kazuki
June 5, 2005, 7:03 pm
This is really weird. When you throw a weapon into the ... thing, it only spawns in your hands. However, if you throw a nade in there, it spawns in everyone. I still haven't tried throwing a weapon in there while everyone is disarmed.

Cookie`
June 5, 2005, 7:50 pm
ninja did you try throwing it straight down? it should kill you and everything else in the map

Swebonny
June 5, 2005, 9:17 pm
Hmm...that was a bad answer i gave before. I think you already tryed to throw the grenade into the blue spot many times... But try to jump on the blue poly u will fly away from it or respawn...i you dont then the map must be wrong for you!? Then try again to throw the grenade. Make like 10 botts and throw the nade into the blue thing and see what happen.For me everyone dies included me :D

N1nj@
June 5, 2005, 9:40 pm
Yes I throwed it straight down...nothing happens..I throwed a knife in there too :S

KeFear
June 5, 2005, 9:52 pm
Strange indeed.. wierd :) I hope not to see such in a "real" map :]

N1nj@
June 5, 2005, 10:02 pm
can someone do a demo? cause I've been trying, and it's not working :S

karmazon
June 5, 2005, 10:44 pm
here's a gif of teleportation in slo mo so you can see

[IMAGE]

Kyklis
June 5, 2005, 11:36 pm
Nice job Karmazon. This is very strange indeed. That nade has to be going extremely fast to kill 34 people in the time it takes to explode. It does it in about half a millesecond :O. This is crazy. For the weapon, it probably, I think someone said this, bounces around the whole room in about a nanosecond ( if theres such a thing ) and as soon as it touches your hand you pick it up. And thats what happens to the nade..which is very odd and defies the laws of physics :P.

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 12:20 am
it seems too tempting becasue some ppl might take advantage of the super polys and try to get out of a map sice it shoots you through some polys. one time i was on teleporter2 and it shot me out of the "main" chamber and i got out of the map.

?
June 6, 2005, 12:41 am
awsome man

N1nj@
June 6, 2005, 1:10 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonhere's a gif of teleportation in slo mo so you can see

[IMAGE]
I know how to do that :S

I just can't do the Abomb thing. Do a .gif of that :P

caliber
June 6, 2005, 4:02 am
Ninja, check if ur map name is called Abomb. Is ur map called teleport? If it is abomb there should be no temple looking platforms at the top. In the teleport map grenades don't work on the blue poly

Cookie`
June 6, 2005, 4:06 am
ninja im not quite sure what your doing wrong :P

are you trying it on the right map? :P

[IMAGE]

Just throw that bugger in from any angle it should work

MikeShinoda.pheonix
June 6, 2005, 4:23 am
This is a very cool discovery. I finally have something new to tell people when they want teleporters. Experimental maps are so cool.

Cookie`
June 6, 2005, 4:35 am
i find that the size of the polygon does not matter when your trying to stop quickly because you blow through a large polygon the same as you would a small at that speed so you need many small ones to slow you down faster generally

-=edit die 56kers die??
Lol at 500kb pictures :D
||
||
\/

karmazon
June 6, 2005, 4:40 am
here's the abomb

[IMAGE]

and here's even bigger teleport(few times i even went through the roof)
Cookie i have a small request for you, remove the roof, and lets see whats gonna happen

[IMAGE]

edit: DIE 56K DIE

Kyklis
June 6, 2005, 4:59 am
Karmazon, Ill tell you what will happen. Your soldaten will travel faster than the speed of light, hit the edge of the map and be teleported back to the spawn. If the teleport is that succesful/powerful. OR, if the teleport is not that powerful, you will just either fly up fairly quickly somewheres near the top of the map, and fall OR you will be sent somehweres near the edge instantaneously and fall.

karmazon
June 6, 2005, 5:35 am
^Like i dint know that, i just want to know for sure, not have like 349 options on whats gonna happen...

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 6, 2005, 5:55 am
Actually, it only takes a little while, the compilation speed is determined by the map's size, and only a little bit on the map's polycount. And this teleporter thingy, with a little experimentation, can allow me to make an inf_Killzone2 map (I'm gonna refer to the trailer, with a little bit of my own imagination, of course) Now I just have to find a way to prevent a nuclear meltdown when people use teleporters, and make sure they don't respawn when they get too close.

Kyklis
June 6, 2005, 5:56 am
Just checking.But I've thought about it. What else COULD happen. Maybe you'd kill yourself some how. Maybe the game would crash. Maybe it would cause the earth to implode. Your right, theres no way to know for sure.

EDIT: To be honest Leo, I don't think thats possible. Maybe it is, but it would take alot of time and luck. It would be extremely hard to insure that no one would ever respawn or that a nade wouldn't instantly kill everyone on the map. Actually, there would be, but it would take a very, VERY long time.

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 9:09 am
This teleport idea won't work w/ Realitic I think... since you actually fall negative (eg jump, but fall at the same time =S), the game 'thinks' you fall, so you're dead.

Avarax
June 6, 2005, 10:04 am
quote:Originally posted by HugokuThis teleport idea won't work w/ Realitic I think... since you actually fall negative (eg jump, but fall at the same time =S), the game 'thinks' you fall, so you're dead.

exactly. just like jumppads.

karmazon
June 6, 2005, 2:36 pm
We already discussed realistic with Cookeh. Anyway the teleport is really, really, really crazy, the more i play it the more i want whole map made of those polys

Avarax
June 6, 2005, 3:25 pm
i invented teleporters!!! :o

i have included them into a climb map that i am sometimes working on already.

i tried to add the abomb feature to my esl contest map as a secret, but it was too strong and lame :-/
i still like this poly trick though :D
thx cookie :)

Boxo
June 6, 2005, 5:11 pm
Nifty tricks, those. Couldn't figure out ABomb, very very weird.

Those teleporters weren't that nifty, though. They're basically jumppads on steroids, very unpredicatble and unpractical :|

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 6, 2005, 7:30 pm
What if I put a bullets only collider over the Teleporter? the nade would explode before it hits, and if I put a polygon above the teleporter, or make sure players can't get into the thingy (causing a respawn), then it might work, just might.

Avarax
June 6, 2005, 8:34 pm
u can also create the teleporter poly by just putting ~100 polys
then it wont have evil aura and evil bomb effect

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 10:08 pm
The 'evil aura' could be disguised as a Nuke Launcher or something...
As in; make a gfx thing and make it say "Drop Nade To Detonate Nuke" or something, and the Eeeevil Aura Of Destruction under it :-P
Of course, this should be on a very hard-to-reach position.

EDIT: Typos

N1nj@
June 7, 2005, 1:46 am
lol, I had the wrong map ^^

Cookie`
June 7, 2005, 3:24 am
^____^ /me high fives ninja... :P

" i invented teleporters!!! :o"

But I was the first to put one in practice? ;)

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 7, 2005, 5:42 am
Well, allow me to be the first to put one in an actual play map :P

man...imagine the possiblities....one way polies, here I come!

Kyklis
June 8, 2005, 5:37 am
There are lots of possibilities, but from what im seen, teleporters are unstable and could mess up 30% of the time, killing or sending a player out of the map, which would be very lame. Until we figure out a way to make them almost 100% working with no unstableness, I don't think they could work very well in a map.

Deleted User
June 8, 2005, 12:45 pm
the teleies doesn't work prolly..

Cookie`
June 8, 2005, 8:34 pm
last point from me on the map... has anyone tryed duplicating weapons yet? like have 2 unarmed people on the map I think both players could get a weapon which could be interesting in a ctf game... someone on your team needs a loaded barret to take down the flagger and you toss it in and he gets it :O

\/ Thats disapointing :'( \/

karmazon
June 8, 2005, 9:32 pm
I tried, made a weaponless bot, threw a weapon into the poly and only i got it back...

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 9, 2005, 1:16 am
Cookie, do you know exactly the requirements needed to create that aura that pushes people off?

Rambo_6
June 9, 2005, 3:10 am
Now if only we could make two polys which teleport between eachother :D

Avarax
June 9, 2005, 6:40 am
quote:Originally posted by Leo Da LunerfoxCookie, do you know exactly the requirements needed to create that aura that pushes people off?

250 polys pasted over each other

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 9, 2005, 7:42 am
Thanks, but after fiddling with the effect, I found out that it is too wholly ineffective as a soldat launcher.

However, remember Chakapoko Maker's nade polies? I found out that it works on Soldats too, just set the polygon to "Only Players Collide", and your player, when launched fast enough into the poly, will launch out just like a nade launcher would. Downside to it is, that it is way too unpredictable to be used on a wide basis. So basically, now I've changed my Killzone map to 200 polies on top of each other + slanted. As of this writing, about 70% of the poly placing is done.

Avarax
June 9, 2005, 8:48 am
wxplain to me how artillerie works >.<

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 10, 2005, 12:53 am
an Artillary basically works by placing a polygon, accessible to a soldat (about a little higher then the soldat is: around his knees.) and set the polytype to "Only bullets collide". To use, walk into the Poly, and then throw nades into it, giving the fact that the nade will come out from inside the poly, and since the game doesn't usually allow bullets/nades inside, it zooms out out of the poly at extreme speeds, and continues to fly until it is blown up or hits the ground. Bullets, however, wouldn't work, since bullets disappear on contact with polies.

Search for Chakapoko's ctf_Gunfire map, it'll explain everything. Or, search for ctf_Anthill or ctf_Whistle, both WWI maps.

CamBot
June 12, 2005, 4:20 am
Lol imagine returning a flag and then halfway there....
BLAM!!!!!
4 soldaten pop in front of you from nowhere. Opposing team of course. :)

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 13, 2005, 3:15 am
Inf_Killzone is compiling as we speak, wewt.

karmazon
June 13, 2005, 4:22 am
and wtf is that gonna be leo ?

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 13, 2005, 5:50 am
Its an inf map that utilizes the bouncy polygon to launch soldats into the battle zone, eliminating spawn killing

numgun
June 25, 2005, 3:01 pm
eer... can somebody revive that link for abomb map? because its not working anymore.

karmazon
June 25, 2005, 4:54 pm
yeah and leo what's up with your map

Jamesmax0
June 25, 2005, 10:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by numguneer... can somebody revive that link for abomb map? because its not working anymore.

^what he said

Cookie.
June 26, 2005, 3:33 pm
I fixed the download links :) I moved the folder they were in sorry :P
Yeah leo hurry up on your map :P

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 29, 2005, 12:28 am
Its done, I just need to get screenshots, which I'm kinda lazy to do...and I've been away for a week, went to Florida for FBLA National Conference

Kaider
November 8, 2005, 4:07 am
*DL*

I'm going to fire a barrett shot into the magical fairy teleporter and see what happens.

EDIT:

Barrett theory defunkled.DOES NOT WORK!!Arg!

Explosives time =D

When you walk in to the gnomish object,you respawn with no death.You die,but don't.Try it out for yourself.You respawn with full ammo.You respawn without dieing(dying?).Now to damage myself and see if it heals you...

EDIT 2:

You cannot shoot explosive weapons into it,it only makes them blow up once they hit the "shield".The respawn only works if you *walk* into it,not drop or anything. When damaged and walk into the hobbit created whatchamahigger,and you respawn without dieing(dying?),you come back with full health too. That's full health,full ammo,and respawn number of nades. This is a major break through.

Leo Da Lunerfox
November 8, 2005, 4:39 am
I just realized that I've finished a map 3 months ago and never released it :/

Kaider
November 8, 2005, 4:56 am
Also,if any of someone's body part falls into the easter bunny's lair, the owner of the body part respawns immediately. Try it yourself,set the respawn time to 30,put one bot on as boogie man,shoot him with a barrett,make sure one of his body parts falls into bigfoot hiding place,or you'll be waiting 30 seconds.

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 5:05 am
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

It's from the Bhagavad-Gita

But Robert did say that I guess

Cookie.
November 8, 2005, 5:15 am
quote:Originally posted by Leo Da LunerfoxI just realized that I've finished a map 3 months ago and never released it :/

Release it please, I was waiting for it this whole time :'(
" Also,if any of someone's body part falls into the easter bunny's lair, the owner of the body part respawns immediately. Try it yourself,set the respawn time to 30,put one bot on as boogie man,shoot him with a barrett,make sure one of his body parts falls into bigfoot hiding place,or you'll be waiting 30 seconds."
Kaider is awesome for figuring this out, I salute you! As well for bumping my awesome map jejeje

vash763
November 8, 2005, 5:43 am
it is some crazy stuffs

try throwing a knife in it

OMG what would happen if cookie were so evil as to put the spawn in the 'shield' area?

Cookie.
November 8, 2005, 6:12 am
quote:Originally posted by vash763it is some crazy stuffs

try throwing a knife in it

OMG what would happen if cookie were so evil as to put the spawn in the 'shield' area?

Soldat crash kekekeke

vash763
November 8, 2005, 8:11 am
orly?

Deleted User
November 8, 2005, 8:52 am
ya rly

vash763
November 9, 2005, 8:53 am
na rly