( search forums )
Help plz!
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
dsfreak
June 5, 2005, 7:52 am
Ok, so I have a website running on linux,and I have access to cron jobs and all that great stuff :)! But, I have tried running the linuxsoldatserver start (oddly has no file extension) so it was /home/*******/www/soldatserver229/soldatserver. I ran that by uisng cron jobs. Anyhow, I never got output, and nothing did anything. So basically, I need someone to explain to me how to set it up on linux. Yes, I have seen the linux tutorials and wouldn't be posting this except they no longer exist. Thanks in advance

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 8:51 am
Durrrrr your meant to run it through bash..

in bash (Shell) type this: /path/to/server/soldatserver

dsfreak
June 5, 2005, 5:31 pm
I know, I forgot to edit that, and I already have that, but iit still wont work. Why?

Denacke
June 5, 2005, 6:00 pm
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=21617 might help

dsfreak
June 5, 2005, 6:13 pm
Perhaps, somehow, you missed what I said above.

quote:Yes, I have seen the linux tutorials and wouldn't be posting this except they no longer exist. that was posted by me above.

Denacke
June 5, 2005, 7:21 pm
Oh I'm sorry, my bad!

- Make sure you have put the right permissions for the soldatserver file.
- Are you sure you get no feedback when you go to the soldatserver folder and do ./soldatserver it should at least give an error message.

dsfreak
June 5, 2005, 8:59 pm
Its ok. :). Now, what do you mean go to the soldat server and do ./soldatserver?

i am ahab
June 6, 2005, 1:04 pm
./the_name_of_the_file
is the command to run an executable file with the name after the ./
he is trying to suggest that you run the file.
which just might be the problem with you trying to run a server if you dont know how to run something...
i dont mean to be funny. we were all new once ;P