( search forums )
Server wont load a bot.
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Iahmel
June 5, 2005, 1:42 pm
Just wondering why I cant make the linux server load bots...

Before you start telling me the commands, see this:

/addbot1 Armand
Bot file not found
/addbot1 armand
Bot file not found

Armand is a custom bot I have created. It is present in the bots dir. I have also targeted standard bots with the same error message reported back. The permissions allow access to the folder. I even looked at how the windows server has its bot folder called "Bots" so i created a Bots foder and copied them all in there also, this still hasnt worked. Everyone else seems to have no issues with it, so why cant I seem to get a bot fired up?

Any Ideas?

Thanks guys. :)

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 2:01 pm
Is the bot file in the bot folder on the server? Linux servers are case sensitive aswell...

mar77a
June 5, 2005, 3:55 pm
Try naming the folder /Bots to /bots, maybe?

Iahmel
June 6, 2005, 2:50 am
EnEsCe: "Armand is a custom bot I have created. It is present in the bots dir."
mar77a: I have tried both the folders, "bots" and "Bots". I have even put them in the server folder, with the bin.

This is why Im a little stumped its not like I have posted here before troubleshooting somewhat 1st. The thing i also noticed was when I ran a search on these forums, no one else has had these problems...

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 4:41 am
Are you sure your typing the correct save name and not just the bot name?Or vice versa?

n00bface
June 6, 2005, 6:12 am
First of all, your bots folder should be all lowercase letters. Second, the bots (obviously) need to be in the folder on the server, not the soldat folder on your computer.

With that in mind, try /addbot1 Admiral and /addbot2 Admiral just to see if either work (If one doesn't work, then I highly doubt the other will, but it can't hurt to try)

Edit: this seems to be a problem with the new server version, I get the same problems.

[code]The Technogoat joining game (69.81.165.8:33310)
The Technogoat has joined the game.
/addbot1 Admiral
Bot file not found
/addbot2 Admiral
Bot file not found
Exception EControlC in module soldatserver at 08058B4D.
Control-C hit.

[root@hostmaster soldat6]# ls bots
Admiral.bot Commando.bot Dutch.bot Roach.bot Stevie.bot
Billy.bot Danko.bot John.bot Runciter.bot Terminator.bot
Blain.bot D Dave.bot Kruger.bot Sniper.bot
Boogie Man.bot Dummy.bot Poncho.bot Srg Mac.bot
[root@hostmaster soldat6]#
[/code]

so now hopefully Michal will see this and the problem will be fixed soon.

Iahmel
June 7, 2005, 10:56 am
Thankyou, someone noticed Im not fool enough to have the files on a different system to the one that needs them. I cant even imagine why someone would have the custom bot file in the windows bots folder and complain that the linux box cant see it... but then again, some people on forums ive been on in the past.... need i say more? :)

Gen0cide`: Armand.bot is the file name (case matching). You might also note (in my 1st post) I tried various case matches to see if it could be seen, and the bot name in the file is also, Armand (-.bot).

Looks like I can do away with the "Bots" folder then and remove the files in the root server folder. I wonder how come the server fails to see the files in the bots folder...

Ill also add just incase someone asks, the user which I use to run the server has access to ALL relevant server files, including the bot files (and folder). So its not from permission settings.

Its a pitty, I simply wanted my custom bot waiting in a game on my linux box for anytime I (or my gf, yes my girl loves the soldat!) wish to join in and blast it to bits :)

hock3y
June 7, 2005, 9:58 pm
Yea, I guess I won't be using this version of the server yet.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 8, 2005, 4:00 pm
Hm what have I done wrong... bots work in 2.2.8 I guess? I'll try to fix it.

hock3y
June 8, 2005, 8:22 pm
Yes they work in 2.28 =)

Iahmel
June 11, 2005, 2:59 am
That would be great Michal. Heh, you should be proud... my girlfriend doesnt like that many games... but as I said above, she loves the soldat. I still crack up when boogeyman saws her up, and all I can hear is swearing comming from the other room... :D