( search forums )
Simply suggestion
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
miky258
June 5, 2005, 3:17 pm
This is a very simply suggestion, regardes suicides.

In many multiplayer games, who suicides get -1 frag...why we can't do this in soldat?
For example: player X has 20 frags, and suicides...after suicide, he would have 19 frags.

Isn't that good? *thumbs up*

Meandor
June 5, 2005, 3:24 pm
Actually, this was added in one of the 1.1.x versions but was shot down one or two patches later due to it's unpopolarity. Suicides in soldat are often due to quasi random events, and sometimes by bugs. I really didn't like it either.

Atybrc
June 5, 2005, 3:33 pm
mb players get -1 frag when selfkill only with weapon or kill command?

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 4:08 pm
How else would someone get a selfkill, if not with a weapon or kill command?

KeFear
June 5, 2005, 4:24 pm
looks like you haven't ever played realistic mode...

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 5:24 pm
this would be a good idea if FF is on so that if you kill to many teammates then you'll get kicked or banned from a server, lets say -4 score gets you kicked for killing teammates.

Marine
June 5, 2005, 6:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by PaladinHow else would someone get a selfkill, if not with a weapon or kill command?

Um, falling?

miky258
June 5, 2005, 9:05 pm
Maybe it would be an optional thing of the person who opens a server :)

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 9:22 pm
Too many people are suggesting server side options these days.
Keep the server setup simple,we don't want it to take an hour to setup.

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 1:11 am
To many bugs to impliment this. I cant tell you how mnay times I've killed myself with a nade while flying with the nade bug

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 1:33 am
I just randomly die most of the time...so, nah.

Raptor
June 6, 2005, 2:58 am
Yeah, Soldat is a 2D game... You will always end killing yourself

Keron Cyst
June 6, 2005, 4:14 am
*lol* Hey, yeah, that happens a lot in all 2D games I've played! xD

Jap_man
June 6, 2005, 10:39 am
This idea, simply wont work, there are too many suicide causing bugs to implement this fairly and keep players content.
How-ever this is still a good idea, considering that people on low health, will think twice before commiting suicide and angering players.

Jamesmax0
June 7, 2005, 3:50 am
I don't like this idea. Suicides are fun

Atybrc
June 19, 2005, 11:36 am
in duel some noobs use selfkill-tips (usually nades) when he dont want die and give opponent 1 frag :(
its wrong when people use selfkill.

DT
June 19, 2005, 5:03 pm
yep people are cheap like that...
i still say we should have that...

Mini Man
June 19, 2005, 6:44 pm
I dont support this idea seeing as if someone gets stuck inside a polygon, and the only way out is to type /kill or /mercy or /brutalkill, then they lose -1 point...kind of unfair? or if ure on voland and u get hit by a nade and u fly into the pit and die, u lose 1 point? not fair either, and the other selfkill bugs are unfair too, the only thing i say is -1 point for tking..

Deleted User
June 20, 2005, 12:13 am
maybe in rambo like -1 kill for killing a non rambo

Keron Cyst
June 20, 2005, 4:44 am
quote:Originally posted by Jamesmax0I don't like this idea. Suicides are fun
*rofl* That's new! :-P

Green Barret
June 20, 2005, 8:20 am
quote:Originally posted by dascoomaybe in rambo like -1 kill for killing a non rambo

Yeah, so you see a guy rushing for the rambo bow and you just stand there waiting for him to get it and kill you all? No, you kill him and you rush for the flag. Taking out a point for doing that is wrong.

However, I highly agree on the suggestion of -1 point per teamkill. This would make people think twice before teamkilling anyone.

Nukem
June 20, 2005, 4:24 pm
maybe there should at least be an otion to enable this. cause in 1on1 ladder games, this would definitely be usefull...

Deleted User
June 20, 2005, 6:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Green Barret[quote][i]
However, I highly agree on the suggestion of -1 point per teamkill. This would make people think twice before teamkilling anyone.

nah. if anyone was teamkilling and being a total ass, I doubt they would even care about getting minus points. so mostly those affected will be those who kill a teammate by accident. perhaps u get 2 chanses, and after u killed 2 teammates the -1 thing will be put to action.

also, if anyone fires a law, and a stupid teammate goes in front, the law dude will get 1 selfkill and -1 points on top of that. think about it. btw this is an old thread

DT
June 20, 2005, 7:32 pm
Mabye this should only be in deathmatch, pointmatch, and teammatch.
INF and CTF makes no difference

Michal Marcinkowski
June 23, 2005, 10:55 pm
A long time ago I decided that you shouldn't get -1 points for selfkills because of the fact that your life in Soldat doesn't matter. What matters is how much you kill.

Of course this can be abused, but that's why you get longer respawn time after suicide and you get a death count which matters when you have a tie.