( search forums )
"Assassin" powerup?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Marine
June 5, 2005, 6:21 pm
I was just thinking around, and I came up with an interesting idea for a powerup:

[IMAGE]

Duration: 30 seconds.

For 30 seconds, your weapons are silent, and your bullets are invisible to everyone except yourself (and maybe teammates?). When this mode goes on, your bullets look a different color to you (purple, black, orange...hmm?). It lasts for 30 seconds and can be picked up just like any other powerup.

Who likes? We could easily expand upon this too.

Hoodlum
June 5, 2005, 7:29 pm
It sounds very good to me and maybe during this 'mode' you can turn your LAW into a heatseeker bazooka.

Tha Doggfather
June 5, 2005, 7:54 pm
I originally thought this idea sucked, but then I saw the stars you placed on each side of your new game mode and now I am totally convinced: This needs to be implemented into the next version!

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 7:56 pm
I really don't see what difference this game mode would make,invisible bullets,really,what do you think that would do?It would make newbs whine and say "OMG INIVISIBLE LAW HAX0R!"

Beren
June 5, 2005, 8:21 pm
Hahahaha, Tha Doggfather, you're my hero.

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 9:03 pm
Assassins do not have silent, invisible bullets. Assassins have mind bullets.

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 9:30 pm
Isn't Predator Mode just like this 'idea'?

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 10:55 pm
yah...this is stupid

kwanfei
June 5, 2005, 11:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by HugokuIsn't Predator Mode just like this 'idea'?

No, Predator makes your body invisible, and this bounes makes your bullets invisible.

Jamesmax0
June 5, 2005, 11:42 pm
I like this idea *thumbs up*

?
June 6, 2005, 12:27 am
This would just cause more auto spamming, and we need to cut down on that now.

quote:Assassins do not have silent, invisible bullets. Assassins have mind bullets
THATS TELEKINESIS KYLE!!

Vijchtidoodah
June 6, 2005, 12:37 am
Just play realistic or shoot really long distances -- there's a bug where bullets disappear if you can't see the shooter because he's too far away, but that might only be in laggy games.

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 1:09 am
Eh, I dont like it :-/

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 1:31 am
Maybe if it only made your bullets silent and invisible...but...nah.

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 5:06 am
what's the point...ppl would be able to see your muzzle fire i you were shooting. also if some sees you there gunna shoot at even if you have invisble and soundless bullets.
btw: Doggfather...HAH...classic..

CountZero
June 6, 2005, 6:04 am
probably the only use would be for snipers in really large maps

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 8:58 am
quote:Originally posted by kwanfeiquote:Originally posted by HugokuIsn't Predator Mode just like this 'idea'?

No, Predator makes your body invisible, and this bounes makes your bullets invisible.

No, it makes your body invisible, bullets, weapons, and jet flames, if I recall correctly.

i am ahab
June 6, 2005, 1:01 pm
stars = authority in the face of ridiculousness!

the heat seeking law bonus that you get should shoot flaming chickens and leave a flurry of feathers whilst pinning the poor assailant to the wall with a smoking beak

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 1:07 pm
Boojaa!! Thats sucks! But good idea!

SPARTAN_III
June 6, 2005, 1:16 pm
ahab, that sucks. :-/

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 2:49 pm
I dont like it... I already drop dead without seeing or hearing a grenade/shot enough times, and it pees me off

sbu-spyvin
June 7, 2005, 11:51 am
Is nice but those silince bullets cannot be added to soldat because people just edit that .Wav file with a other sound and tada no silince bullets anymore

SPARTAN_III
June 7, 2005, 11:54 am
uuuh u dont get it.....

it DOESNT FRIKKIN PLAY A WAV FILE!!!!! so u cant edit it.