( search forums )
What would you do to soldat...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Zegovia
June 5, 2005, 8:57 pm
...if you have unlimited authority beyond logic and sense. what improvements would you do, what features (weapons, gametypes, gameplay, options etc.) would you add or remove. what measures would you make against cheaters/spammers and so on!?

Short version: how would your "Dream Soldat" be?

Outcast
June 5, 2005, 9:05 pm
I would frequently visit public server's and playtest, ask around if anyone knows any cheats and if i find the "appeal" to be trustworthy i would check it in the logs and evaluate if the guy is a cheater, then ban his IP from the lobby.
And i just got up with an idea for a game mode which i will suggest.

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 9:19 pm
I would create a secret microphone weapon that caused all players in a server to gather around me and rock. Actually, because my authority would be beyond logic and sense, I would throw away the Soldat video game, and make it a reality. Real guns, real places, real fun. There could be no cheaters or spammers in RealSoldat, so I wouldn't have to take any measures against them.

AerialAssault
June 5, 2005, 9:59 pm
nothing. its perfect in my eyes.

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 10:10 pm
I dream of a Soldat where everyone knows how to play for fun, as well as know how to play to win. That's all

karmazon
June 5, 2005, 10:27 pm
Make the internet code perfect, so there would be no lag

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 10:57 pm
v3h1cl35

TIR_Blade
June 5, 2005, 11:24 pm
Like Karmazon, i'd make the internte code perfect. And tho impossible, i'd find a way to end cheating. I would also have a perminant server up with a password to only good players, that wouldn't be leaked...Kinda like DNA just non leakable password.

Jamesmax0
June 5, 2005, 11:36 pm
Nothing really. Try to make the code more efficent if it already wasn't, I guess.

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 11:45 pm
nerf teh minigun is what i would do and complately get rid of rambomatch because there are only like 4 servers in the world

Deleted User
June 5, 2005, 11:51 pm
That's no reason to get rid of it!!! Just use your super powas to make it more popular! Rambo is by far the funnest game mode out there. End of discussion

?
June 6, 2005, 12:23 am
I would add hugs and giggles :D

Keron Cyst
June 6, 2005, 1:10 am
I'd do what Outcast & karmazon suggested.

Raptor
June 6, 2005, 2:56 am
I will make soldat kinda like Equilibrium

BManx2000
June 6, 2005, 3:01 am
Let's just cut to the chase here. If I had "unlimited authority beyond logic and sense", I would make Soldat the elusive Perfect Game?, and then nobody would ever have to play anything else.

Zero72
June 6, 2005, 3:19 am
I would probably just add a new version of "/ban."

Like "/blowup name" which would cause a player to explode violently just before being banned from the server.

Maybe I should make that a Suggestion.

vash763
June 6, 2005, 3:22 am
hahaha thats great!

mickle89
June 6, 2005, 3:43 am
I would goto Soldat Forums and click on the Game Improvements/Suggestions section - http://www.soldatforums.com/forum.asp?forum_id=40

Michal
June 6, 2005, 3:58 am
I would make Soldat have a huge amount of weapons, all different yet perfectly balanced :x
I would have a higher resolution, about 1024x768. There would be many more player customization options including camo suits. Total conversion mods would be possible.
Then I would have servers running with huge numbers of custom maps all of excellent quality autodownloaded from an official server daily. There would be a few new gamemodes and there would be more options for games. There would be a quick forced training tutorial for first time players so we wouldn't see any more Soldier(1)s. There would be new movement features like climbing ropes, ladders, and ledges. And there would be parallax scrolling layers for polys so that maps could be given more depth.

mickle89
June 6, 2005, 4:08 am
Oops this is a public discussion not a private suggestion. I take that post back.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
June 6, 2005, 4:17 am
I dont understand why we need ropes,ladders,or ledges when we have jets. Also I would like to add a lot more weapons.

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 4:32 am
I would add/change
Somehow end cheating and whining
Somehow end lag
Make everyone play for fun,yet to win
Somehow you'd see the other peoples mods
100% moddable
100% customizable gosteks(without mod)
Keep the community nicer,but about the same size
More teamwork in public games
A clan / friend system
Whispering in-game

Zero72
June 6, 2005, 5:38 am
It would be pretty cool if everybody could have his own custom gostek visible online, methinks. Well, somewhat. It depends.

Captain Ben
June 6, 2005, 7:00 am
Apparently, that's in the next version...
I'd want proper zombie bots and meatshields. Ooh, and microphone support by the game. So that on any server, you can automatically speak into your microphone. With /mute capabilities.

Zegovia
June 6, 2005, 1:16 pm
Except for getting rid of cheating and such....

I would ad much much more costume options as Michal said. and making so that the headgear has a separate colour, not the same as the shirt.
along with the new costume options would be: Bare upper body, armless vest, ammo belts, cammo pants (as michal said), cloak (teh matrix!!), bandana, backpack, pirate bandana, cape and hairstyles like ponytail, rocker, spikey, afro. Several types of beards and mustasch (mustach and beards are chosen separatly from the regular hairstyles) and changing gender (bare top would then automaticly include a bra!).

Also, making so that ye have and VERRY large numbers of weapons, then the admin can choose between those weapons wich 18 ones the server shall have in use.

new gameplay options:
* Making so that ye start with only your secondary and you have to find weapons spawned over the map (like in UT2004!) and then use em and play the game as it should (deathmathc, team, CTf whatevá!!)

*And a option so only a sertain number of players in team may have a specific weapon (restricting between the classes: Sniper, assault, heavy support, grenadier), so everyone will not run around making the entire game into an barretfight... and the Postitions may be reselected or just randomly chosen in the beginning of each match....

i am ahab
June 6, 2005, 2:09 pm
yeah. and a llama option....

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 2:27 pm
Yes! Llamas! And parrots! And...er...manatees!

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 2:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixI dont understand why we need ropes,ladders,or ledges when we have jets. Also I would like to add a lot more weapons.

The reason for needing ladders and ropes and the such is for mappers who want to save space on their maps. Say they want to make a map with no jets, but still want to have people make it to higher levels. Presently, they have limited options, either make ramps, make ledges for the players to hop on top of, or make super bouncy poligons and hope for the best. With ladders and ropes, mappers could design quick and easy ascencion paths that take up hardly any space

Zegovia
June 6, 2005, 4:51 pm
...Elavators could also be a option. though they would take lots of space...
i know! Teleports!! :D

Darkfist007
June 7, 2005, 2:14 am
More guns. (Dragunov is a must!!!)
More reaslitic gore. (sof2 style)
Somehow make it so noone randomly spams. (learn t aim)
Camo suits.
More sniper rifles. (dragunov!)
Larger maps. (better for snipers)
A basic radar system. (you see your team, and targets that are visible, like in realistic mode)
A dragunov. (Yes it is my fave gun of all time, if you havent figured out yet.)

Deleted User
June 7, 2005, 2:25 am
Well,people already whine about barrett,what do you think would happen with ANOTHER sniper rifle?

Darkfist007
June 7, 2005, 2:28 am
quote:Originally posted by Gen0cide`Well,people already whine about barrett,what do you think would happen with ANOTHER sniper rifle?

7.62 doesn't have the power of a .50 magnum. The whiners dont have a voice in my opinion, if you cant deal with someone aiming and using cover to their advantage then dont play the game. The dragunov would have the same zoom as the barret but a 20 round clip, IRL its either 5 or 20, and semi-auto. It would have about the power of the ruger, a bit less maybe. For balance reasons it may be requierd to give it the 5 round clip.
::Edit::
Dragunov SVD has a 10 round clip, I was thinking of one of the variants that has the 5 or 20 round clip, sry.
Dragunov Muzzle velocity:830 m/s Caliber: 7.62x54mm Rimmed
Barret Muzzle Velocity: 854 m/s Caliber: .50 BMG

KeFear
June 7, 2005, 9:21 am
1.2.1 features with 1.1.5 balance, even bugs, and without bink.

Green Barret
June 7, 2005, 10:20 am
Although it's nearly impossible until MM releases the source code, one can still dream...

- Better network code
- Better anti cheat(although hacks always get updated...)
- Better weapon balance(reduce M79 bink a bit, slightly lower AUG recoil in realistic mode, reduce minigun push etc)
- New weapons feature : a special button(space key?) that allows the selected weapon to do a secondary function(keep a minigun spinning, add a silencer to MP5 etc)
- Weapon 0 : autoshotgun? another auto? I don't know as of now, but I would definatly add another weapon that fills the empty 0 space on the weapons menu
- Option that allows the server admin to limit amount of people that can use a weapon(limits a team to having only 1 barret at a time, only 1 minigun per team etc)
- Fresh new maps and old map updates

Darkfist007
June 7, 2005, 3:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by Green BarretAlthough it's nearly impossible until MM releases the source code, one can still dream...

- Better network code
- Better anti cheat(although hacks always get updated...)
- Better weapon balance(reduce M79 bink a bit, slightly lower AUG recoil in realistic mode, reduce minigun push etc)
- New weapons feature : a special button(space key?) that allows the selected weapon to do a secondary function(keep a minigun spinning, add a silencer to MP5 etc)
- Weapon 0 : autoshotgun? another auto? I don't know as of now, but I would definatly add another weapon that fills the empty 0 space on the weapons menu
- Option that allows the server admin to limit amount of people that can use a weapon(limits a team to having only 1 barret at a time, only 1 minigun per team etc)
- Fresh new maps and old map updates

Secondary function would rock, but it wouldnt be their for lots of guns, ruger, barret, m79, law, etc. The scilencer on the MP5 would work if it also reduced the tracers, but it would also have to reduce the power.
I wouldnt want to see an auto shotty, just imagine the hackers with it. But maybe another shottie, give it maybe a more compressed shot.
The limiting the # of weapons per server would suck, *you sign onto the server and try to pic your WOC and all the guys named soldier or have the lowest rank are using it. That would suck.

Deleted User
June 7, 2005, 7:40 pm
Bah I would have it so ALL of my m79 shots kill.... instead of just boosting them or slightly damaging them -.-

That goes for grenades to...

Deleted User
June 8, 2005, 11:26 am
i would get myself an 200-clip full-automatic explosive-round sniper-rifle... No reload delay, and with bajonet attached..
I can't really figure out what to use for primary though ;]

Hónestly, it hink i'dd rather have a nice game of r/s, whith no spawnkillers, campers or what soever..
I guess that is pretty much my soldat dream come true..

or maybe 1 vs. 1 on M.M... :D

Deleted User
June 8, 2005, 12:55 pm
Mukerji i didn't e ven bother to read you post..

i would add :

- 10 new weapons
- new game modes
- button to turn ON\OFF bullet time.
- make the *.POA's more moddable.
- Great Net Code
- Cars
- bombs
- flashbangs
- planes
- bicycles

...and finally: White Trash, Two Heebs and a Bean:p

Darkfist007
June 8, 2005, 3:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHMukerji i didn't e ven bother to read you post..

i would add :

- 10 new weapons
- new game modes
- button to turn ON\OFF bullet time.
- make the *.POA's more moddable.
- Great Net Code
- Cars
- bombs
- flashbangs
- planes
- bicycles

...and finally: White Trash, Two Heebs and a Bean:p

It was one of those "not going to dignify it with a response/full read" ones.
The POA's are what I dont get, all the rest of the game is *.bmp for the images, but the animations are *.POAs. Landmine for when the flyhackers are in would be fun. *fly, fly, fly, flagcap-Boom- dead*

i am ahab
June 8, 2005, 4:08 pm
a man emasculating a donkey in the background. more kills per minute = more emasculating! family fun for less than $10!

theres a poa editor darkfist. but if you want to fiddle with your poa's in public back them up if you still want to play online. giggles.

Darkfist007
June 8, 2005, 11:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by i am ahaba man emasculating a donkey in the background. more kills per minute = more emasculating! family fun for less than $10!

theres a poa editor darkfist. but if you want to fiddle with your poa's in public back them up if you still want to play online. giggles.

Thanks. And yes I do know about the modifyed animations thing that stops you from playing on servers not running the same animation files.