( search forums )
Brutal banning command and more dismemberment
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Zero72
June 6, 2005, 5:49 am
The first half of this topic is as follows: Surely everybody here has met at least one Soldat player who just plain ticks you off so badly that a simple ban hardly does him justice. I think there should be a special command -- something along the lines of /blowup [playername] or something -- that will cause the offending annoying player to spontaneously explode in a satisfying shower of gore, only to be banned from the server at the moment just before he would respawn. The only problem I see with this is that it would probably be abused a bit...

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if this has been mentioned before, but I did read through that sticky "all suggestions" thread and didn't see it, so... I think you should be able to fly apart in more places. The gostek obviously has more joints than elbows, knees and necks. Even the chest and waist are seperate images, though there's hardly a point to that. I want to chainsaw somebody's arm off at the shoulder, to blow somebody clean in half with a barrett, that sort of thing. Maybe there could be an option to choose between classic knees-elbows-and-necks seperation and full seperation, for weirdoes (like myself) who dislike change like that.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
June 6, 2005, 5:42 pm
Howabout the admin can be the one that can blowup the person. Also, it should be /blowup (then the persons slot #) That would be funny. You should be able to blow yourself up too.

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 6:11 pm
How 'bout we drop a nuke on them as well. That would definitely earn an XD in my book.

[URL]

This is now officialy the suggestion thread for those who just enjoy watching people die in very, very cool ways.

Zero72
June 6, 2005, 6:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixHowabout the admin can be the one that can blowup the person.
I figured that much was pretty much understood. You can't have everybody psychically blowing each other up at random.

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 6:28 pm
Although it would be funny to watch...

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 6:41 pm
/explode all
=D

Swebonny
June 6, 2005, 7:40 pm
That was a funny idea i like it :D

Michal
June 6, 2005, 9:07 pm
I like both ideas.
Maybe for the /blowup command the admin could also (optionally) add a little message where normally it would say "you got killed by-"
so for example the admin could type: /blowup [player name/number] "message"
Just to add a little insult to injury ;)

Zero72
June 6, 2005, 9:47 pm
lol, that's a great idea.

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 9:57 pm
i think you can already blow someone in half with a barrett...just aim at the waist and fire

Fangus Deef
June 6, 2005, 10:04 pm
does it have to be a ban? i think just straight slaying them like that would be another good option. like /slay and /blamban

lastpatriot
June 6, 2005, 11:00 pm
Pacman Effect. When you do /brutalban, he withers, splits in half with blood, and explodes with more blood.

Deleted User
June 6, 2005, 11:57 pm
mabey u could have a whole list of touture commands like Frezze and then the guy is stuck in suspended animation and at your mercy. or like a command where you can pick him up and moke him around so you could drop him in to spikes or fling him off the map.(very hard to program but it would be so friken cool). or even better you could dissable his jet boots at VERY bad times

oh the fun to be had!!!!!!!

P.S what with the zeor likes T.V dude hes cool

Deleted User
June 7, 2005, 12:11 am
maybe "/throwallnades"...

Deleted User
June 7, 2005, 12:25 am
quote:Originally posted by dascooi think you can already blow someone in half with a barrett...just aim at the waist and fire

You have no idea what we're talking about do you?
But I like it,and blowing up before ban would tell them that they did something wrong instead of just randomly saying hello to the lounge.

Zero72
June 7, 2005, 12:29 am
quote:Originally posted by Trogdorxlrmabey u could have a whole list of touture commands like Frezze and then the guy is stuck in suspended animation and at your mercy. or like a command where you can pick him up and moke him around so you could drop him in to spikes or fling him off the map.(very hard to program but it would be so friken cool). or even better you could dissable his jet boots at VERY bad times

oh the fun to be had!!!!!!!

P.S what with the zeor likes T.V dude hes cool
I think an explosive ban is about as far as it really needs to go.

Fun fact: My sig was extracted from an actual in-game screenshot. quote: Pacman Effect. When you do /brutalban, he withers, splits in half with blood, and explodes with more blood.I don't like the sound of that so much, myself. quote: does it have to be a ban? i think just straight slaying them like that would be another good option. like /slay and /blambanIt wouldn't be fair to just be able to strike another player dead at will like that...

Although /blamban is a pretty cool idea for a name. That or /brutalban would be better than /blowup.

Jamesmax0
June 7, 2005, 3:47 am
I'd use those commands, but they see more of a novelty :/

Unlucky 13
June 7, 2005, 6:04 am
quote:Originally posted by Zero72" does it have to be a ban? i think just straight slaying them like that would be another good option. like /slay and /blamban..."
It wouldn't be fair to just be able to strike another player dead at will like that...

/slay would be good for a warning, and /blamban would be a finale ban, if you know what I mean...
I like it, and the message idea i good, maybe make them say (mesage over their head in blue) the message they got on /slay?

Deleted User
June 7, 2005, 8:40 am
the command should make the person swallow a grenade :P

SPARTAN_III
June 7, 2005, 8:43 am
how bout random effects when you brutalban them?

like i got a few ideas

1. can be the explosion
2. a nuke falls on his head
3. the black soldat appears and slashes him with a katana
4. he freezes and 4 knives get thrown at him from nowhere

KeFear
June 7, 2005, 8:54 am
I simply like it. Torture admin commands are welcome if you ask me :)

Deleted User
June 7, 2005, 1:39 pm
How about a pit appears under him (with flames) and a giant hand grabs him and pulls him down. Then we could have a menacing laugh! SPAMMERS AND HACKERS BEWARE!

papasurf31
June 7, 2005, 2:56 pm
Kinda like IRC
* Papasurf31 has quit (connection reset by peer) "NO smurfs allowed >:P"

Deleted User
June 7, 2005, 3:09 pm
Or make an invincible (and unhittable) ninja Soldat hunt the unlucky dude down. (the ninja is then on all players' sides, except the unlucky hunted)

Zero72
June 7, 2005, 4:24 pm
OR HOW ABOUT HE COULD JUST EXPLODE?!

Jeez, I should've seen this coming. =P

Deleted User
June 7, 2005, 5:21 pm
heh.