( search forums )
How can you find a good balance?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Ok
June 6, 2005, 11:19 am
I thought about it for some time, ever since 1.2.1 came out actually.
Finding a good balance takes time and practice.
Because once you effect one weapons it might effect the whole game.

You have to think about all those players who will find the way to lame their way into winning, because those are the ones who makes this game less fun.
So you need to think like one, for example if MM had that kind of thinking before releasing 1.2.1 he would have got on the spraying factor, tbh I myself used to spray a bit in 1.2! not to injure though, I had other reasons but I did notice the effectivity of that system.
Now just like you had teams of campers you'll have teams of spryers.
It wasn't that hard to catch on, now imagin he'll take away bink from ruger and de's and reduce autos power a bit.
Then you'll have rugers sprayers and de sprayers.
So if you want to balance something you need calculate how it effects the rest of the weapons and how did the power shift effected the player's choise.

For example, before I take barret I think twice, because I know my aim aint all that with barret and I will get binked so I don't take it much, and there we reached the goal for the barret, the need to have skills!
same goes to Spas, I have bad aim with that so I think twice.
But minimie? Styre? AK? no one needs to think twice, how much skill do you actually need...

If MM will think that way and try it with the help of some clans I think he will reach good decisions and good balance.
Do you guys think there is a better way?

Chakra`
June 6, 2005, 2:39 pm

I have a dream...

A man needs to stand forward. A man with a server. A famous, well used, and reliable, good, popular server.

And he must modify the stats of his weapons. Yes he must. He must recieve feedback from his server-worshipping players, and make adjustments as comments are recieved. Over time, perhaps, with a bit of luck, something good may be achieved.

*brief glance at flieslikeabrick*

DeMonIc
June 6, 2005, 2:52 pm
We have quite a few weapon-modded servers.. I think their owners should be more open-minded, rather than badgering Flies.. the poor guy needs some rest too, can't bug him with every revolutionary idea.

June 9, 2005, 12:03 pm
spamming..........Maybe we should set all the dmg to 1, lol.

SPARTAN_III
June 9, 2005, 12:19 pm
what the f**k is wrong whit u mukerji? u post crap, and twice. stop starhunting.

yeah, i agree, but the ruger damage should be toned down to 3 shots to kill a guy or summat.

Deleted User
June 9, 2005, 10:56 pm
IMO Ruger damage is fine. I think spraying is a pretty big problem now. I've been playing in the realistic/survival servers, and there are a lot of sprayers there. And they have an advantage in RS because if they're far enough away, the people they are spraying can't see there bullets. Hence, they can't dodge it. I don't know what can be done about this in the future version, but Ok's suggestions seem pretty good.

Just my two cents.

Chakra`
June 9, 2005, 11:37 pm
Why not just play real mode for heavens sake....the balance there is more reasonable because of two factors.

1. Any weapon is good and reasonable. Even barret, even ruger, even socom.

2. Recoil. If you spray, you miss. Concentrated use is the only way making any weapon effective.

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 1:35 am
I gotta get laid..

The @venger
June 14, 2005, 3:54 pm
bah i like the balance in 1.2.1, my only complaint to the version is some maps have some suicide bugs, like equinox or something like that and THAT irritates me alot.... i've looked abit around in the forum, and i think SPARTAN 3 is accusing alot of people for being starhunters (no offence, spartan)...

The @venger
June 14, 2005, 3:55 pm
or am i wrong?

Darkfist007
June 14, 2005, 3:57 pm
Make it like SoF2 where servers can change the damage on waepons. So you'll have nd (normal damage) rd (ral damage) and ud (uber damage) ud sucks imho though.

Ok
June 14, 2005, 5:02 pm
That already exists, its called a "Weapons Editor"

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 9:11 pm
never heard of it....

Keron Cyst
June 15, 2005, 9:51 pm
@dascoo: it's for servers; they can modify weapon damage values.