( search forums )
New Text Idea
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
June 7, 2005, 2:39 pm
My idea is simple and probably won't be liked by many, but I still love it.

My idea is, people should be allowed to increase the size of their text by one size category. I propose this idea for those situations when capslock is simply not enough to express yourself.

How it would work is that you would hit Ctrl+2(or any other key combination, player's choice) to activate the text size increase, and then you would type normally. Except it would be slightly bigger, and the size increase would only be for that one line of text (to prevent from relentless spamming).

Also, this option should only be allowed for registered users.

June 7, 2005, 6:21 pm
BRB FONE GUYS
AFK, FICKS TEEMS
If anything, make the text smaller.

zyxstand
June 7, 2005, 6:35 pm
sry, i understand your pain Swazo but it just too hard to control spam and this would definitely be abused...in fact, there would be no reason that anyone types in small font anymore...ppl would just go and type everything big.

Deleted User
June 7, 2005, 8:58 pm
I don't mean a big change in text, only one size category up. Here's an example:

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

And as I said before, this would only be for those "special" situations. Each time you wanted to post something big, you'd first have to:
Press the keys that activate the text size increase
Press the key that you use to intiate the text box
Type the words you wish to emphasize using larger Text
Repeat for each line of text that you wish to appear larger

Michal
June 7, 2005, 9:07 pm
Not a bad idea, but I think it could be overused... It would probably be best if the method to use this function was hidden deep within the depths of the manual where no noob dares to go.
It would be nice if registered people could their own custom font too :P

Keron Cyst
June 8, 2005, 12:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal... It would probably be best if the method to use this function was hidden deep within the depths of the manual where no noob dares to go.
Mwahaha! B-) I agree completely with that.

Jamesmax0
June 8, 2005, 2:00 am
I'd use it. But some jackass will kill the point of it though...

Deleted User
June 8, 2005, 9:40 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by Michal... It would probably be best if the method to use this function was hidden deep within the depths of the manual where no noob dares to go.
Mwahaha! B-) I agree completely with that.

Yes'm.

SPARTAN_III
June 9, 2005, 12:08 pm
make the resize for all, but fonts for regged. like a dropdown menu in the player settings selects the font.

i am ahab
June 9, 2005, 3:29 pm
no. IF there is to be an increase, purely to stop it being abused regged only should get the increase. think about it spartan itll only be little old soldiers that'd be abusing it really anyway. and bored other players i guess but still point remains.

Hova
June 9, 2005, 4:14 pm
I would like the option to decrease the font size, or ignore all chat except for teamspeak, or something of that sort.