( search forums )
Realistic Games you say?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
SuperKill
June 7, 2005, 3:32 pm
how about this then
http://70.84.34.106/~unique/UP-ZombieArcade.wmv [19mb]
---comments!---

personally i highly doubt its real, altho i'm not completley sure with myself. (i damn hope its not real)
where is that science wiz that'll explain the brain cant react that way to a flash? :(

Deleted User
June 7, 2005, 4:07 pm
oh oh oh (Please refrain from swearing) I would die of fear id that happned to me .. SHRIEK

Green Barret
June 7, 2005, 4:42 pm
Interesting entertainment but it's BS. Those people that went into the pub had barely any reaction to anything. They didn't say much, no emotion, no suprise at anything. They are so obviously actors!

?
June 7, 2005, 4:47 pm
link does not work

R0L4ND
June 7, 2005, 4:58 pm
It dies after 6-7 minutes. When he encounters the first "real" zombie.

Tha Doggfather
June 7, 2005, 9:46 pm
Fix the link SK

SuperKill
June 8, 2005, 1:52 am
damn their host.. i'll try uploading somewhere.

flab
June 8, 2005, 12:49 pm
I haven't watched it, but if its what I think it is (A clip from Derren Brown's show) then it's most probably real. I really am fascinated by him atm (probably as he has just shown a new series on TV). For those that don't know him, he used to do stage hypnotism (yes i know not all of that is real), nbut has moved on to combining it with pyschological tricks, like suggestion and confusion. If you can find some of his other stuff (I got his whole episode collection on my laptop right now) some of it is really fascinating. Watch more before you judge on one clip :) If it's not Derren Brown, then I look a fool posting this, I'll download now and edit after :P

P.S. He's the one that played Russian Roulette live on TV.

R0L4ND
June 8, 2005, 1:02 pm
Yes, that is Derren Brown. And yes, that clip is frickin' cool, but as I said, for me, it stops playing at 7:09, and I can't fast-forward! :/

flab
June 8, 2005, 1:59 pm
ah, I have the full episode, I could try to upload in parts after the weekend is over, if people still want it.

karmazon
June 8, 2005, 2:36 pm
I saw it, i think it's fake

SuperKill
June 8, 2005, 2:42 pm
http://rapidshare.de/files/2253963/ZombieArcade.rar.html [9~ MB]

MikeShinoda.pheonix
June 8, 2005, 3:46 pm
I just dont believe that the dude wouldnt wake up after being dragged around that whole time. I also dont even see why he went into that "state" of sleep.

T-Money
June 10, 2005, 4:06 am
Holy crap...if that was me I would just curl up in the corner and cry softly like a little girl. I highly doubt it's real though, for the same reasons as MikeShinoda.pheonix states above.

Michal
June 10, 2005, 10:11 pm
Hmm that's really interesting... I'm wondering now how I would react to the situation. I'm a bit of a firearms nut so I'm thinking that one of my first concerns would be the amount of ammo I have. BTW can anyone identify what the weapon was? I couldn't tell...

Vijchtidoodah
June 10, 2005, 11:29 pm
That was absolutely awesome!

That guy had no idea what he was in for...

KeyesBlob
June 11, 2005, 12:16 am
Eh, it was an Uzi Silenced airsoft gun with 6mm red paintballs.

And you don't pay attention to ammo in situations like that, you worry about ammo once its gone ;).

T-Money
June 11, 2005, 12:33 am
Well yeah...admittedly he probably wasn't putting that as a priority seeing as he was FREAKED OUT OF HIS MIND...but I guess if you were a gun nut and liked to shoot stuff you might conserve your ammo as opposed to firing off 4 or 5 rounds into each guy and maybe even check your clip before fighting.

Kyklis
June 11, 2005, 1:51 am
Its most likely real, they put him into a posotronic trance or something. I can't remember. And my guess is they explained to his friends what it was, but it was jsut cut out. If that happened to me, i'd freak out, but i'd shoot if they came too close, but i'd probably hide in that hallway he that he tried to get out of.

T-Money
June 11, 2005, 2:22 am
I just don't see how it's possible that the guy would go into a trance, wake up, then go into a trance again, then wake up...it doesn't make sense. But then again, I'm no brain doctor so I guess it's perfectly plausible.

Michal
June 11, 2005, 3:26 am
Hmm identifying that weapon is driving me crazy, but after careful analysis I'm sure it's not an uzi replica or variant, if anything it reminds me of an mp5sd.
[IMAGE]
My guess is that it's just a paintball marker that looks more like a firearm. I don't think an airsoft would have such a visible gas tank.

...Interesting how this scenario would have played out if he was unarmed ;p

Deleted User
June 11, 2005, 3:45 am
That was obveously staged. . . I could see him smiling a little bit before he woke up the last time. And would'nt you be kinda suspicious if you went from a handgun to a paintball gun? :p

T-Money
June 11, 2005, 6:36 am
@Michal - yeah, it's a paintball gun. I couldn't get it from Superkill's gay link so I got it from another site which had identified it as a paintball gun.

@FMBM - do you think you would really notice under that kind of stress?

Kyklis
June 11, 2005, 8:07 pm
FMBM: EXactly what T-Money said, plus its shooting red paintballs ( darkish red i think ) so it would like he was shooting them and making them bleed. It was a bit dark to notice it too much too. If he was unarmed....wow......My guess is he'd run into that room right away. If I was him, when that chick started getting up, I wouldn't shoot, I wouldn't think it was a "zombie" :P.

Deleted User
June 11, 2005, 10:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by T-Money
@FMBM - do you think you would really notice under that kind of stress?

I would, but then again, I'm very familier with guns, so I dunno. I usally keep a level head in situations like that, so that helps alot. I can understand not noticing if it were another gun, but a paintball gun? I dunno, could be that I've played paintball also though :/

SuperKill
June 12, 2005, 1:37 am
quote:Originally posted by T-MoneyI couldn't get it from Superkill's gay link
fu2

quote:I usally keep a level head in situations like that

situations like what? ;p
you're saying it like its a common thing.
think about it, you're really convinced that you'll keep a level head, in a situation where you're playing a video arcade game, then with the blink of an eye you get *in* it? pretty hard to believe but if you say so.. ;f

T-Money
June 12, 2005, 8:51 am
Yeah...even if you were in the friggin army in Vietnam there's noooo effin way you would be prepared for that (Please refrain from swearing). That's just not within the physical boundaries of the mind to handle. I guess you might get under control after a while, but I think at first any one of us would be just as freaked out as that guy.

@SuperKill - not my fault your link sucks.