( search forums )
Aspas nade hate thread
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Aspa
June 8, 2005, 3:59 pm
OK, about half of my deaths are grenade selfkills. It often seems as if they're out to get me, killing me after exploding on enemies or being thrown to the left while I run to the right, stuff like that. I've always thought I was just having paranoid delusions, but today I know it ain't so! Today I saw one of my grenades ROLL UPHILL in Arena, just so it could hit me! I kid you not! It was rolling downhill, I landed a bit away from it, and it TURNED DIRECTION and ROLLED UPHILL and F*CKING FRAGGED ME! What the hell is going on! Why do the grenades hate me so?

i am ahab
June 8, 2005, 4:01 pm
HATE!
KRUSH!

Chakra`
June 8, 2005, 4:08 pm
According to most server stats, and individual player's stats i've taken a look at, at least 40-60% of kills + deaths are nades. 'Nade's are buggy things too, which leads to alot of annoying selfkills.

It's just the way it is.

Personally, I find alot of things wrong with the standard plug-in-and-serve layout of most servers - short spawn times, 4 nades, standard maps, etc... People should take the time to put something different in their server.

Incidently, the US 2Wai servers have two varieties. I believe one has no nades or just 1, and the other, no secondaries or nades!

SERVERS - LIMIT YOUR NADES

?
June 8, 2005, 4:37 pm
Yeah nades are a pain, just try to use them if you know your prolly gonna die, its what I do.

i am ahab
June 8, 2005, 4:52 pm
question: slightly off topic but in line with selfkills.
just regarding the logs..
if you fall on spikes it gives you a selfkill with what ever secondary you current you have armed right?
well what if you have none armed, as say maybe you threw your knife at someone... ? or you have an ak74 as your secondary. or if you were throwing a nade at the time as you fell on the spikes and you had no secondary.....

so in conclusion jellyspoons. nades. the villan of our time. the seaman crusted socks in the dirty washing corner of your room. and what is it with clusters?! they just dont do ANYTHING. i may as well try to defeat the oncoming masses with hugs and kisses.
thought ends.
baffles.

Outcast
June 8, 2005, 5:45 pm
I love nades...throwing them infront of peoples feet and they just step on them, fools ;p

Raptor
June 8, 2005, 5:47 pm
YEAH! I do that a lot

Deleted User
June 8, 2005, 5:53 pm
I sometimes get "suicided" in Realistic Matches where I just stand and get M79-ed by a teamkiller.

SERIAL KILLeR
June 8, 2005, 6:17 pm
There should be an option to disable the grenade kits and u will start with the max grenades set.

Deleted User
June 8, 2005, 8:27 pm
I like having 2-3 nades in the servers that I play in. Nice, small amount. There's one Rambo server that disgraces the game mode by putting in like 12 nades per person...It just makes me want to cry...so..much...nadespam....

lastpatriot
June 8, 2005, 9:46 pm
I like clusters. Good for opening INF/CTF bases. At least they knock a few back.

?
June 8, 2005, 11:06 pm
clusters are good when its like 12+ people in a server but for crowds around 10 I think 3 nades and no bonus is the way to go

Keron Cyst
June 8, 2005, 11:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by ?Yeah nades are a pain, just try to use them if you know your prolly gonna die, its what I do.
*lmao* Nice. That's what I do as well xD

Deleted User
June 9, 2005, 11:45 am
I know exactly what you mean..!! This Foul Triggery is beyond human control!
RUN 4 UR LIVES!!!

Deleted User
June 9, 2005, 2:04 pm
nades piss me off -.-

I'll throw 4 nades on one guy, all blows up on him but he would live with like 25% helath left but the kid would chuck one nade towards me and BLAM! I die in one hit....

However, I still love dropping a nade infront of a guy running towards me :) great traps.

The @venger
June 12, 2005, 12:29 pm
i was once in a game (non- ff) , and my team was teamkilling me all the time with nades and m79, it was like they were doing it to make my life hard :C f**k them!!!!

Deleted User
June 12, 2005, 4:48 pm
nades r nice in realistic. one-hit-kill.

Mini Man
June 12, 2005, 5:54 pm
lol i like nades believe it or not, even tho this is a hate thread, the only annoying this is those friggen Invisible nades & the nades which explode on the end of ure gun :) (Which can be pretty funny at times :D)

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 12, 2005, 6:30 pm
lol i love nades... maybe you guys just dont use em right

Deleted User
June 12, 2005, 7:00 pm
Once i killed my self with nades 4 times in 4 rounds, in fireground :P

June 12, 2005, 7:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by Da cHeeSeMaNlol i love nades... maybe you guys just dont use em right

I agree with this. If you keep killing yourself with them, maybe you should stop using them all together?

blackdevil0742
June 12, 2005, 7:44 pm
Or practice more.

Deleted User
June 13, 2005, 11:54 am
lol i love servers with tons of nades, many explosions

The @venger
June 14, 2005, 5:31 pm
i don't die that often by my own nades, cos:
1. i don't use them much.
2. when i use e'm i usually lob them quite a distance from myself for the reason of avoiding a possible selfkill....

The @venger
June 14, 2005, 5:42 pm
- and since this is a hate tread, lets all howl angrily!
ROOOOAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Ivan0
June 14, 2005, 5:59 pm
A nade to the leg (when stepping on it) blows you freaking bits, but a nade to the head does jack(Please refrain from swearing), expect maybe a nice boost.
Everyone in favour to make grenades not instakill raise hand.

Spectral
June 14, 2005, 7:46 pm
I think I'd rather have them as instakill if you hit them with it right away, but they only do less damage the longer the nade has been thrown. Of course consistency is essential, none of those darn non-reg nades or invisible ones