( search forums )
Jedi Outcast.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Deleted User
June 9, 2005, 5:07 pm
Anyone got Jedi Outcast for pc? I just started playin' this, and I'm hooked. I suck though. Someone play with me! :)

Deleted User
June 9, 2005, 5:31 pm
i have it!
i loved it when it first came out. you should try one of the street maps. i haven't played for a long time cause i got starwars: republic commando:)

DeMonIc
June 9, 2005, 6:36 pm
I got it too, and I'm playing it hard. No force, only saber, free for all on bespin streets. Oh yeah.

Rhombus
June 9, 2005, 7:37 pm
is it better than jedi academy? cuz i have that and i like it

Deleted User
June 9, 2005, 9:08 pm
idono whats better....jedi outcast or jedi academy

GunPowder
June 9, 2005, 9:24 pm
I think that Jedi Outcast is better, Especially the sword fights

Deleted User
June 9, 2005, 9:36 pm
hade it but then my pc broke down very nice game, ill try to get it agin

Deleted User
June 9, 2005, 11:01 pm
I have jedi academy.. oo yeah.. I was plaing 1 on 1 duels ALL DAY.. then the CD got broken and I downloaded soldat, and here I am :P

Unlucky 13
June 10, 2005, 1:25 am
I have Jedi Academy, and you can modify it to have the same weapon stats as Jedi Outcast.
I had the Single Player demo of outcast, it was good, but the graphics are all funny.

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 10, 2005, 1:37 am
basically Jedi Academy is the upgrade/expansion to Jedi Outcast, uses the same Quake 2 engine I believe, just Outcast with more moves.

wormdundee
June 10, 2005, 1:38 am
i have jedi outcast and academy, however academy is not installed...i should really install that again

yeh, theyre both pretty fun anyways

DeMonIc
June 10, 2005, 10:26 am
They both use the improved Quake 3 engine. Jk3 is more fun in single player, but in multi, Jedi outcast is simply better, since the sword fights depend on your movement, not some mortal kombat like combo-tricks. Jk2 is pretty much like Die by the sword, only modernized.

Captain Ben
June 10, 2005, 10:42 am
I played the demo, but I think I'll have to upgrade my computer to handle the whole thing...

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 11:30 am
I have it for my Gamecube, need to get round to finishing the game :/ I nearly did it then my memory card broke..

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 1:05 pm
its on gamecube...........

wormdundee
June 11, 2005, 4:09 pm
woah, are we talking about the same game stalky?

well, what do you know, i just looked and it is on gamecube, that just seems kind of strange to me

Chakra`
June 11, 2005, 5:34 pm
I always found the combat system in Jedi Outcast and Academy felt more down to luck than anything else. To me, the lightsabers are just really bloody dodgy to use. Consequently I hate it, as I feel rather let down by the game. It just doesn't achieve what I want from a 'lightsaber simulation'. The game deserves a more kinetic combat system like Severance: Blade of Darkness.

But I will always have a soft spot for the original Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight. 1996, blocky graphics, but damn it was cool ...had about a thousand mods made for it, from dragon ball Z to sonic the hedgehog.

As for Outcast vs Academy, alot of 'pros' say Outcast, probably because thats what most people got into, and dismiss Academy for their additional saber systems - duel weilding and the lightstaff, which apparently have lame moves.

As for single player, Academy is a more straight-forward kill-a-thon, with alot of you-vs-Sith AI saber battles (which are just frustrating to me..), whereas Outcast is a little more puzzle based, and boasts more stormtrooper slaughter than saber-on-sabers.