( search forums )
C&C Renegade mod need advice
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
Darkfist007
June 9, 2005, 11:59 pm
Im almost done my C&C renegade mod, the guns and stuff are all done. I want some advice on the interface, if I cant come to a final version this week I'll just release the Mod and the interface as 2 diffrent things.
First off: to anyone thats played Renegade. What can I do for the jet pack? Me and my other friend cant think of anything. Im thinking maybe, maybe as in Im very reluctant to do this, make the symbol into an orca.
Secondly: What do you people, everyone, think of this interface? I just took the basic interface and I fiddled with it, Im about 1/2 way done.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Darkfist007/Example.jpg
Clusters are just the nade symbol but in red, the lag of originality was disapointing. U_U
The gun Im holding is the personal Ion Cannon, but Im going to fix it up because it look like a box, and a bad one at that.

Also if you want to make a Nod and GDI gostek plz say so and your name will go on it.

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 12:01 am
About the interface: Well, its creative, but I like my weapon stats at the bottom, not the sides. but thats just me

Snowman.RCP
June 10, 2005, 12:03 am
You could make the C&C Renegade interface for the mod! Could be great!

Darkfist007
June 10, 2005, 12:03 am
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMAbout the interface: Well, its creative, but I like my weapon stats at the bottom, not the sides. but thats just me

Its the same problem Im having getting t like it. Im so used to the bottom, but if I do the bottom it either looks very, I mean very, bad, or it has a giant circle in the corner, like in renegade. The second way makes it look more like renegade but it blocks a lot of veiw. Rawr, the interface is harder then the mod part of the mod. U_U

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 12:04 am
Try a different design then. Keep going, you'll get it ;)

Darkfist007
June 10, 2005, 12:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMTry a different design then. Keep going, you'll get it ;)

Lol. Im too much of a perfectionist. >.<
And if I dont get it meh, a mod is a mod without a special interface.

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 12:10 am
Your thing below your avatar says you're not online but you just posted like three posts in the last 5 minutes in this thread :p Odd, in any event, dont get discouraged, you'll get it

Darkfist007
June 10, 2005, 12:13 am
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMYour thing below your avatar says you're not online but you just posted like three posts in the last 5 minutes in this thread :p Odd, in any event, dont get discouraged, you'll get it

Yeah, I havent done jack to my profile here so maybe its set so show as offline or something. Yeah, I just gotta get some insperation.
Im going to play some renegade and try to get some. >.<
Thanks for the encouragement.

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 12:15 am
quote:Originally posted by Darkfist007quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMYour thing below your avatar says you're not online but you just posted like three posts in the last 5 minutes in this thread :p Odd, in any event, dont get discouraged, you'll get it

Yeah, I havent done jack to my profile here so maybe its set so show as offline or something. Yeah, I just gotta get some insperation.
Im going to play some renegade and try to get some. >.<

Ah, I see.

quote:Thanks for the encouragement.

No prob ;)

Darkfist007
June 10, 2005, 1:12 am
This is the other idea for the interface.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Darkfist007/Example2.jpg
I dont like how its bulky, and the blank space where the fire bar is, in renegade has a pic of the gun you have out in it. I may cut it in half, so the bottom blank part isnt there.
What do you people think?

DB_Diablo
June 10, 2005, 7:21 pm
Looks good so far, but I think that
this:[IMAGE] (laziness >_>)
should be in the top right corner like in Renegade

and also, what do the guns even look like

Darkfist007
June 10, 2005, 11:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by DB_DiabloLooks good so far, but I think that
this:[IMAGE] (laziness >_>)
should be in the top right corner like in Renegade

and also, what do the guns even look like

Im doing the interface like in the first example, and I didnt put that up top because it would block the obituarys. I'll post a pic of the guns in a few min. The barret has a choice though, personal ion cannon or rail gun.

Darkfist007
June 11, 2005, 12:01 am
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Darkfist007/screen1.jpg
This is what the guns are and the interface is like.
At first even I was like "this interface sucks." but when you play with it for a bit you realize its kind of easyer to use, for me at least. And if you dont like it you can always change it. As soon as I get the title screen working I'll release it.

Deleted User
June 11, 2005, 3:48 pm
Nice idea, but I don't recall having a weapon called "Merlin"...?

Darkfist007
June 11, 2005, 4:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by HugokuNice idea, but I don't recall having a weapon called "Merlin"...?

Look int the games instruction book, all the guns have code names. Raptor, condor, tarantula, merlin, scorpion, etc. Personal Ion Cannon wouldnt fit in the text box. >.<

Deleted User
June 11, 2005, 10:18 pm
Ah yes. But you could've just abbreviated the name... like "pers. Ion Can." or something.
Either that or explain it in the Readme.

DB_Diablo
June 12, 2005, 5:51 pm
I think the barret should be the ramjet rifle or just the sniper rifle

what are you doing for the ruger?

Darkfist007
June 12, 2005, 6:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by DB_DiabloI think the barret should be the ramjet rifle or just the sniper rifle

what are you doing for the ruger?

Ruger is the ramjet. Orriginaly ruger was going to be 500 sniper and barret would have been the ramjet, but the sounds didnt work. I made the guns according to their power and clip size. Ramjet kills in 2 hits, ruger normaly kills in 2 hits, and bolth have a 4 round clip. the barret is the rail gun or personal Ion cannon because it kills basic infantry in one hit, and it is slow between each shot.
the guns are:
Socom -> pistol
Deagles -> pistol X2
Mp5 -> Tiberium Fletchet
AK -> Tiberium auto rifle
Aug -> Volt gun
Spas -> shoty
Ruger -> ramjet
M79 -> Grenade launcher AKA Kestral
Barret -> Railgun / Personal Ion cannon AKA Merlin
Minimi -> Laser chain gun
Minigun -> chain gun
Flamethrower -> flamethrower
Law -> rocker launcher
Knife -> Tiberium blade
Chain saw -> Tiberium saw

And yes, I know the piston 12 round clip and then when it dule its a 7 round clip and way stronger makes no sense, but their is only one handgun in the game so I had to use it.

Deleted User
June 12, 2005, 8:32 pm
I think the AUG should be converted to the Auto Rifle, and the Barret to Railgun.

DB_Diablo
June 12, 2005, 9:22 pm
psst ramjet is one hit on almost every infantry unit in C&C Renegade, and is always one hit with head shot

and I think chain gun & laser chain gun should trade spots

Darkfist007
June 13, 2005, 1:00 am
quote:Originally posted by HugokuI think the AUG should be converted to the Auto Rifle, and the Barret to Railgun.

Barret is the rail gun, or the personal Ion Cannon.
Yeah, I realized that the ak would be berrte for the volt because the Tiberium auto rifle and the aug are bullpup design, but power and fire rate wise it works perfectly.

Darkfist007
June 13, 2005, 1:02 am
quote:Originally posted by DB_Diablopsst ramjet is one hit on almost every infantry unit in C&C Renegade, and is always one hit with head shot

and I think chain gun & laser chain gun should trade spots

Its 1 hit kill in the head, or a body shot on the basic infantry, but on anything else its 2 hit kill. The laser chaingun doesnt have a warmup spin, the chaingun does, and making a minigun into a laser chain gun instead of a chain gun doesnt make much sense. Since a minigun is just a chaingun that isn't belt fed.

Deleted User
June 13, 2005, 7:51 am
quote:Originally posted by Darkfist007The laser chaingun doesnt have a warmup spin, the chaingun does, and making a minigun into a laser chain gun instead of a chain gun doesnt make much sense. Since a minigun is just a chaingun that isn't belt fed.
Oh no it doesn't. It just fires away. Heh, no weapon has the spin-up, so er... I guess it fits well =D

Darkfist007
June 13, 2005, 3:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hugokuquote:Originally posted by Darkfist007The laser chaingun doesnt have a warmup spin, the chaingun does, and making a minigun into a laser chain gun instead of a chain gun doesnt make much sense. Since a minigun is just a chaingun that isn't belt fed.
Oh no it doesn't. It just fires away. Heh, no weapon has the spin-up, so er... I guess it fits well =D

Chaingun warms up, you never notive it though because it warms up for such a little ammount of time, there is a file for the minigun spining in renegade and as well as soldat so I use the chaingun for the minigun.

DB_Diablo
June 13, 2005, 5:27 pm
ramjet also does one-hit for hotwire/technician, officer, rocket officer, and sydney/chem warrior

Darkfist007
June 13, 2005, 11:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by DB_Diabloramjet also does one-hit for hotwire/technician, officer, rocket officer, and sydney/chem warrior

If you hit them in the head. As far as I know, from statistics, the ramjet takes 2 hits to kill. BTW, if I ever do use it, I rarely get a body shot, its almost always in the head, I dont use it much though.

Deleted User
June 14, 2005, 4:35 pm
The normal sniper uses 2 hits to kill and the Ramjet' gets one-hit-kills. Hate when they stand in front of your base snipin' (eg the Multiplayer Practise Level, I haven't played in a while BTW)

DB_Diablo
June 14, 2005, 6:06 pm
the ramjet is always 1 hit kill for most infantry types

only those most expensive 6 take a 2 hit body shot

Darkfist007
June 14, 2005, 9:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by DB_Diablothe ramjet is always 1 hit kill for most infantry types

only those most expensive 6 take a 2 hit body shot

Thats news to me. Whenever I use it I get mostly head shots thoug 4/5 hits are in the head. But I dont use it much, Im anti tank and aircraft, 1 med 1 apc and an orca are my normal winning fights, I suck against infantry up close, unless Im a flame thrower or chem trooper.

DB_Diablo
June 15, 2005, 7:38 pm
yeah I completly suck at killing infantry without a rapid-fire or splash damage weapon

Darkfist007
June 15, 2005, 8:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by DB_Diabloyeah I completly suck at killing infantry without a rapid-fire or splash damage weapon

The nade launcher in that game is useless against infantry I find. But Im the only person that I know of that can hit a tank by the barr from the weapons factory with it in City flying. >.<

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 10:47 pm
yay!!! U are back!!! I knew it !
WHen u release this ? I love C&C!!!

your avatar is that mine slave from C&C RA2 Yuiri's revenge ?

Darkfist007
June 18, 2005, 3:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dairyyay!!! U are back!!! I knew it !
WHen u release this ? I love C&C!!!

your avatar is that mine slave from C&C RA2 Yuiri's revenge ?

I was supposed to release it last week, but Im being lazy with the second title screen. Hopefuly very soon.

Yes it is, best unit in the game, they pwn in large groups. >.<

Darkfist007
June 19, 2005, 4:08 am
Done.
Look in the show off your 1337 mods sub forum for the thread, and soon hopefuly the download.