( search forums )
Ultimate 14? wtf stupid punk
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
FliesLikeABrick
June 10, 2005, 3:23 am
I am sick of people trying to rip off my hard work. This is the 3rd time someone has ripped off the U13 name for popularity.

If anyone knows who this "bloodshaman" is, please tell him to change the name of his server.

If any of you have any decency, please learn that it is lame to rip off someone else's work as your own. Please speak to him if you know who this is, or have him talk to me.

In case you haven't figured it out so far, I really don't appreciate this. I worked my ass off on U13 over the past 2 years to get it where it is now, and little kiddies need to take a hint.

</rant>

"Ultimate 14 CTF (New) Stats up at http://bloodshaman.stridegaming.com DM Arena 0/10 1.2.1*"

Elemental
June 10, 2005, 3:27 am
MSN: darkmessiah146@hotmail.com
I do hope it's the Blood Shaman from Thunder* clan that you're talking about :/

FliesLikeABrick
June 10, 2005, 3:29 am
it is.

If anyone has any respect for U13(or any hard-working individuals, like MM), please boycott this server until he changes his name.

I love how it says that there are stats at that site, but right now that site only has the default Apache test page right now

N1nj@
June 10, 2005, 3:46 am
why dont u copyright it flab?

Fangus Deef
June 10, 2005, 3:51 am
because then the other guy could still use "u 14" as his thingy. plus it's the internet, and people get (Please refrain from swearing)ed over frequently because it's a lawless land.

FliesLikeABrick
June 10, 2005, 3:56 am
i am in the process of getting U13 and Ultimate 13 (soldat) as a trademark, which would prevent people from using Ultimate 14 in conjunction with any soldat/game servers or webhosting, as those are the things which i use it for.

Cookie`
June 10, 2005, 4:01 am
What? He can't use Ultimate? or is it the fact that he put a number on it... not to mention... i was trying to think of a catchy domain like www.u13.net :P And I'm still boycotting your server anyway flabby

Edit U13 + U = U14!!!

FliesLikeABrick
June 10, 2005, 4:19 am
Ultimate 14 is just a blatant violation of any trademark i could potentially have, if not the natural copyright i have on it to start with

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 4:24 am
get a copyright and sue his ass!

n00bface
June 10, 2005, 4:44 am
*helps bloodshaman get enough money to get a trademark on Ultimate 14 and put FliesLikeABrick out of business*

Unlucky 13
June 10, 2005, 4:54 am
U13...
Uh-oh, that doesn't include me... wait *quickly covers name-tag*. Nope! No it doesn't! Really! You can stop looking Flies!

Vijchtidoodah
June 10, 2005, 5:00 am
Lol, I should start a server called "Penultimate 13."

Kyklis
June 10, 2005, 6:07 am
Why woudl you sue his ass? What he did was bad, yea, but suing him is bacily jsut being a (Please refrain from swearing). Give him the warning that if he dosen't, you will at least :p.

Kazuki
June 10, 2005, 6:31 am
Oh, wow, that's retarded. I'll be sure to tell him when I see him online. I have him on my MSN list, but he doesn't seem to be online at the moment.

Captain Ben
June 10, 2005, 6:48 am
I love copyrighting techniques. A friend of mine tauhgt me a very nice AND cheap way to copyright stolen work.

Vijchtidoodah
June 10, 2005, 6:56 am
Captain Ben, why would you steal someone else's work? That's both wrong and stupid. Not only that, but something tells me that your friend has absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

So, what was this illegal scheme that you've found out about, after all?

Captain Ben
June 10, 2005, 7:02 am
Sorry, I made that look bad. I meant when work of yours is stolen (script, etc).
Anyway, I'm guessing you all know what registered post is, yes? All you have to do is mail your 'script' to yourself with registered post, and NEVER open it.
Once again, sorry. I meant when your work is stolen, not other's stolen work.

m00`
June 10, 2005, 7:02 am
dont worry flies, u14 will never get as good as u13 and well know that, Bloodshaman is probably a gay poof looking for attention

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 11:35 am
FLAB, chill out. Everyone knows you created U13 and appreciates what you did, theres no chance in hell people can get praise for ripping your work. Besides, you should be flattered they want to be as cool as you ;)

Saying that, I agree that you should put him right. Just...its not the end of the world :)

GunPowder
June 10, 2005, 12:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by StalkyFLAB, chill out. Everyone knows you created U13 and appreciates what you did, theres no chance in hell people can get praise for ripping your work. Besides, you should be flattered they want to be as cool as you ;)

Saying that, I agree that you should put him right. Just...its not the end of the world :)

GJ stalky.. ;)
FLAB: We all love U13 and we appreciate your hard work.. we certainly won't let anyone "TRY" to rip your work and do those kiddish things like "U14", We all shall boycott this "bloodshaman" guy and warn him if we see him.

FliesLikeABrick
June 10, 2005, 12:59 pm
alright guys chill... i just mentioned trademarks and copyrights, and i never said anything about suing, that was all you guys.

To "copyright" something, all you have to do is show that it was your original work. Even if he did try to trademark U14 (which he obviously wont), I would be able to take it to court and invalidate his claim to that mark, because it is clearly a ripoff of mine..

Im not afraid of U14 putting me to shame or anything, im just saying it angers me in general that someone would go and do something so blatant and stupid. I really dont worry about him beating me in some invisible race, i simply dont appreciate the fact that he ripped off my name for the reputation associated with it.

If nothing else, him putting up this server simply annoys the hell out of me, because I get an insane amount of emails and IMs asking me if I own that server or not. That alone is enough of a reason for me to seek to have his server name changed.

EDIT: and btw, I do have undeniable evidence that U13 is mine. When U13 first came out, every couple months I would mail myself a sealed copy of my scripts, signed and dated. The sealed nature of the package, along with the federal postmark, are legal proof that I claimed ownership to said material as off the date in the postmark.

SuperKill
June 10, 2005, 5:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by Cookie`
Edit U13 + U = U14!!!

back to school i say! ;o

enjoyincubus
June 10, 2005, 5:59 pm
Michal should sue Toumaz for making Soldat Manager, a blatant ripoff of his copyrighted game Soldat.

And that clan, [S][K], should take my clan, sk://, down for either copyright infringements or defamation.

We'll (almost) all boycott U14, okay.

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 6:02 pm
yea... who wants milk

mar77a
June 10, 2005, 6:02 pm
Mmm, no , he's right:

U13 = U x 13 = 13 x U

so, 13U + U (That is that same as 1U) = 14U...

Kazuki
June 10, 2005, 6:16 pm
This is not mathematics. This is an abbreviation. For example, take the AHA (American Heart Association). If you add another A for Almighty or some crap, you don't say A2HA or A^2HA or A^3H ...

Seriously ... mathematics need to be used correctly. Even if this was mathematics, the co-efficient always goes in front of the variable. Therefore, the term U13 or U14 would be illegitimate. Kthnx.

Edit: To EnjoyIncubus -

Soldat Manager was a fan product. I don't see any reason for Michal to be frustrated with Michal (haha, word) for making Soldat Manager. It's not a competitor with Soldat because it's not in the same game genre and it's not there to try to take Soldat's place. Like I said, it was purely a fan product and if I was in Michal M's position, I'd be proud of people for taking the time and putting the work into products like that of Soldat Manager.

Clans are very unofficial. Names come and go all the time. If you have that bad of a problem with someone having the same name as yours, arrange a clanwar or something. Whoever wins gets to keep their name and the loser has to think up a new and original one.

But seriously, I don't know where you're headed with this. I couldn't tell if your post was friendly or not.

SuperKill
June 10, 2005, 6:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kazuki
Seriously ... mathematics need to be used correctly. Even if this was mathematics, the co-efficient always goes in front of the variable. Therefore, the term U13 or U14 would be illegitimate. Kthnx.

exactly, that's why i assumed that by saying U13 he unwillingly meant U+13, which still wouldnt be U14 if another U will be added.

mar77a, like said above, there is no such thing as just U13, it has to be either U+13, or U¹³. in both cases;
(U+13) + U = 2U+13
U¹³ + U = 2U¹³

Kazuki
June 10, 2005, 8:47 pm
Actually, Superkill, you can't add U^13 and U. They are not like terms. You can multiply them, which would make U^14. To have 2U^13, you'd have to add U^13 and U^13. ;D

But either way, back on topic. I talked to Video, who is in the same clan as Blood Shaman. We'll both be looking for Blood Shaman and we'll demand that he change the name of his server.

FliesLikeABrick
June 10, 2005, 8:58 pm
Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it

N1nj@
June 10, 2005, 9:05 pm
wait, I don't understand. So no one can use the word ultimate in the server name?

SuperKill
June 10, 2005, 9:09 pm
oh snap you're right.. what a stupid mistake to forget that.
mar77a and cookie were still wrong and that's all that matters ;o

ontopic - /agrees with flies~

@ninja - i think he means server names that goes like 'Ultimate ##' (?)

Cookie`
June 10, 2005, 9:12 pm
i should have written it as 13U + U =14U to be proper.. sorry :(

Michal
June 10, 2005, 9:48 pm
omg someone used U14 as their server name now we are all dead :'(

FliesLikeABrick
June 10, 2005, 10:46 pm
people can use Ultimate XX as their name, it isnt like im gonna go sue them or anything... but i will make a big stink about it (something like this and boycotting), as well as frown upon anyone who sucks at being original like that

Sky Parker
June 10, 2005, 11:43 pm
U13....It's a good clan it looks like. You deserve your name.

Vijchtidoodah
June 10, 2005, 11:48 pm
Lol...a clan of ONE (fear him!).

Edit: Scratch that. I suppose, aside from a server, that you would call U13 a community.

FliesLikeABrick
June 11, 2005, 12:40 am
aside from 3 servers*

Vijchtidoodah
June 11, 2005, 1:17 am
Three wonderful servers. :)

Uptempo
June 11, 2005, 3:19 am
Heh. BS is a good guy to me... why would he do that?

Tam

papasurf31
June 11, 2005, 8:31 pm
Hey, didn't FLAB use to be a moderator or something? At some time...i swear those starts were grey...

BTW - U13 = 13U (Law of transitivity)
13U + U = 14U (It's arithmetic, Damnit)
14 x U = U x 14 or U14 (Law of transitivity)(again)
So, U13 + U = U14

Rambo_6
June 11, 2005, 8:33 pm
I noticed this server the other day, i figured it was Flies expanding on U13. I guess i'm wrong.

How many other incidents of this have happened?

Vijchtidoodah
June 12, 2005, 1:34 am
quote:Originally posted by papasurf31
Therefore, U13 + 1 = U14

Not that it really matters, but: U13 + 1 = U13 + 1, not U14

Captain Ben
June 12, 2005, 2:33 am
Does this go into the A+A=2A and AxA=A2 category?

Cookie.
June 12, 2005, 3:10 am
f'(u)= 13
F (u)= U13 + C
P433r the derivative of U13 and the antiderivative of the derivative of U13!!!! :P

N1nj@
June 12, 2005, 4:21 am
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!! CALCULUS!!!!!!!!!!

FliesLikeABrick
June 12, 2005, 5:47 am
yes, i was a moderator for a short time for the SUS forums, but they have long since been dead, and they dont need mods for any other forums right now, though in the future i think there is a good chance to see me mod for something

Unlucky 13
June 13, 2005, 5:07 am
quote:Originally posted by SuperKill
(U+13) + U = 2U+13

I dunno why I think that is wrong, but... meh.

Anyway, if I had a good ping on either servers, I'd play U13 and not U14. U14 hasn't been getting any players lately, BTW.

*Still hides nametag*

Rambo_6
June 13, 2005, 1:56 pm
I wish for the good ole days of DNAgames :P

There are no more decent servers where the regulars go :o

SPARTAN_III
June 14, 2005, 8:15 am
dont worry flab, the guy is just being an attention whore. i wont play on the damn server.....or maybe i WILL, and stay there and fag it up

Toumaz
June 14, 2005, 3:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by enjoyincubusMichal should sue Toumaz for making Soldat Manager, a blatant ripoff of his copyrighted game Soldat.

Oh yeah, let's sue all the Soldat tools around as well.

FliesLikeABrick
June 15, 2005, 12:44 pm
mk issue resolved. I've actually just started helping him learn how to admin his server as well lol.

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 15, 2005, 6:30 pm
i saw the server yesterday tho in dm no one on it...

NuZZ
June 16, 2005, 9:51 am
Go u13 its the best and to anyone that ever desides to even think about thinking about the thought of using it or anything related to it...
DIEE!!!
This includes NuZZ, Nuz, NuZZa, NuZZah, NuZZor, NuZZeh, NuZZle and nuzzadawg... LOL use NuZZ in ur name i kill you!
Ima try to copyrite it somehow one day, like becoming a company!