( search forums )
Ideas?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Sky Parker
June 10, 2005, 11:41 pm
Has anyone noticed how strict this place is? Why is that? Are they paranoid or something. Really, why all these rules?

Vijchtidoodah
June 10, 2005, 11:46 pm
There aren't really that many rules, but the ones in place are to protect younger viewers from things that aren't deemed suitable for them. That, and the other main reason for rules is that we don't want useless crap to sift through or large files to inadvertently download.

b00stA
June 10, 2005, 11:59 pm
Any particular rule you have a problem with?

Oh, btw: your signature was too tall. I removed it.

Cheers!

Sky Parker
June 10, 2005, 11:59 pm
Yeah, okay. But no cursing? No other language posts? And what about the mods just deleting topics in the clan recruitment area if they deem it not thorough enough? This place is way too strict. I strongly believe that they are paranoid with no reason to be.

Sky Parker
June 11, 2005, 12:01 am
I say look to other forums like Gaia who rarely have problems. Their problems mainly do with hacking and scamming of player accounts, but that is faults taken by ignorant people. Take a look at their ToS.

b00stA
June 11, 2005, 12:07 am
But no cursing?
That's styx' choice. He used to host this forum and I agree with him. This is supposed to be a forum about Soldat.

No other language posts?
Do you really want people to post in german, swedish, etc. all mixed together?

And what about the mods just deleting topics in the clan recruitment area if they deem it not thorough enough?
Ask the appropiate mod. We usually do this for a reason.

This place is way too strict. I strongly believe that they are paranoid with no reason to be.
Let me put it this way: If there were no rules and I was able to whatever I wanted, I would just ban you for either complaining about rules or just for fun. Yay.

Sky Parker
June 11, 2005, 12:16 am
Well, at least mods here don't isolate themselves. They tell you what's going on. I'll give you that.

Deleted User
June 11, 2005, 1:11 am
Sky Parker, what forum do you come from? :p Obveiously one with basecly no rules. I for one am very glad they have the rules they do. I'm one of the people who Does'nt like swearing.

Vijchtidoodah
June 11, 2005, 1:16 am
On a side note, I'm actually really impressed that you're not another person who jumped in here without at least reading the rules first. Congratulations.

Sky Parker
June 11, 2005, 1:52 am
I come from Gaia Online. www.gaiaonline.com for reference. I've never had a problem there. Sure, there is flamming, swearing, and posts that don't make sense, but it is a fun site. Of course, it is a roleplaying site. That changes it. It's pretty hard to get banned. Though when you do the mods won't listen to your requests to know why. I should know. Someone got me banned.

Sky Parker
June 11, 2005, 1:53 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahOn a side note, I'm actually really impressed that you're not another person who jumped in here without at least reading the rules first. Congratulations.

Well, who wouldn't? Don't want to be banned for ignorance.

Sky Parker
June 11, 2005, 1:58 am
Code isn't working now. Wait, when you disabled my sig, is code disabled until you enable it again? Or is the code just glitching?

N1nj@
June 11, 2005, 2:26 am
woah triple posts!

you are using html, which is disabled in sig (for the normal members at least). use [ img] and [/ img] tag without spaces:

[IMAGE]

edit: ur sig is WAY TOO BIG

Cookie.
June 11, 2005, 2:33 am
too bad guild wars gets boring really fast :|

AerialAssault
June 11, 2005, 2:33 am
what is that? 640 x 480?

m00`
June 11, 2005, 2:40 am
AA its bigger than that haha, funny he used a wallpaper as a signature :p

Deleted User
June 11, 2005, 8:16 am
quote:Originally posted by Sky ParkerYeah, okay. But no cursing? no other language posts? And what about the mods just deleting topics in the clan recruitment area if they deem it not thorough enough? This place is way too strict. I strongly believe that they are paranoid with no reason to be.

you should have no consern with the language rule.. you're american:|

DeMonIc
June 11, 2005, 8:20 am
Before you ask, the signature rules are there because there are a lot of users with bad net connections, and they'd likely be bored to death if they have to load huge signatures/avatars. You can do nifty, small things too.

Captain Ben
June 11, 2005, 8:34 am
:D

b00stA
June 11, 2005, 9:38 am
quote:Originally posted by Sky ParkerCode isn't working now. Wait, when you disabled my sig, is code disabled until you enable it again? Or is the code just glitching?

Nope, I didn't disable anything. I suppose you tried to use HTML code, but that's not allowed here for obvious reasons :)
Just use the [img][/img]-tag and make sure the signature image is:
Equal to or less than 300 x 125 pixels and 20 kilobytes.

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 11, 2005, 10:45 am
half the forum is americain of course its paranoid lol

Sky Parker
June 11, 2005, 5:37 pm
To Demonic: I'm quite happy with the sig rule. That is the best there is. I've seen sigs that are bigger than the page on other sites.
To Boosta: No, I'm not using html code. It was img code. I'm not new to that.
To Moo: Wait, that image wasn't a wallpaper. It was just a necromancer. And it wasn't that big. Unless of course it is one of those random pictures that changes with a refresh. But a bad version.
To Cookie: What Guild Wars have you been playing? It's still not boring. Not even after months of playing. And with all of the new features it is even better. Or are you not a very big MMO fan?

Cookie`
June 11, 2005, 5:42 pm
Im a hardcore MMO fan :P Out of the 8 people I know that bought that game on release... not a single one was playing it anymore after a month... I'll maybe start to play it again in the summer though who knows

Sky Parker
June 11, 2005, 5:59 pm
How far did they make it? Were they able to hold the hall of heroes at all?