( search forums )
Parachute falling speeds
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
June 11, 2005, 3:15 am
I was playing some custom INF today, and red had to parachute past some obstacles and into a tiny little hole to acces the blue flag. this was cool and all but the red spawn was way up and it took about 3 min to float all the way down...Yea i kno u can lose ur chute' and free fall to go faster but i found myself careening out of control and dieing. Then on one of the trips i had a long discussion with my friend about how the parachutes sucked. Then i got to thinking... wat if the weapon you carried affected the parachute drop speed, for example: a minimi would have a weight of X pounds/grams/ect and the deagles would have a weight of Y pounds/grams/ect and so on for each weapon, with increased weight for the bigger guns.watdya think?

Captain Ben
June 12, 2005, 2:46 pm
Smart thinking, but it could discourage people from using certain weapons.

Deleted User
June 12, 2005, 2:53 pm
Too confusing. I'm not smart.

Deleted User
June 12, 2005, 3:05 pm
oh I dont know.. I always jet away that thing, so I wouldnt care so much :)

Keron Cyst
June 12, 2005, 4:35 pm
It's a good idea but I don't think it'll be worth it considering all the effort that would have to be put into it. Plus, it'd also alter running, jumping, & falling speeds without the p'chute, would it not? That'd really make the game weird... o_O'

Captain Ben
June 12, 2005, 4:48 pm
If you want to fall slower, you cna use the minigun :P

Deleted User
June 12, 2005, 4:49 pm
Howabout you could deploy your parachute out when you want to? and the weight idea is good to.

Deleted User
June 12, 2005, 5:13 pm
yeye THats an awesome Idea... VERY good for getting down great distances... It would only be useful in realistic mode however.. I see no use for it in normal mode..
oh and you should only have 1 parachute.. no reuse =)

Deleted User
June 12, 2005, 5:47 pm
Yes on reuse! >=O
=P

Anyways, fall speed... :-| just Jet it off...
and a deployable-when-you-want parachute is IMO a great idea!

Mini Man
June 12, 2005, 6:00 pm
i was thinking something like this for real mode or even normal just not with parachutes, for example, One person with a minigun is running along and another with Deagles, the Deagle guy would be faster than the minigunner, due to the weight, another thing would be, Uve just used a law, you wont have time to reload it so you drop it, thus making you faster :)