( search forums )
NADE rly xplods on ppl
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
zyxstand
June 11, 2005, 6:22 am
this is not a suggestion - rather an improvement. too often have i "seen" a nade explode on a dead person's corpse and when i run into the corpse, i die with from my own nade but no explosion (since it already exploded).

obviously servers don't realize these grenades exploding on dead bodies and when one walks into where the grenade would've been, he dies.

if you do not know what i'm talking about try it out some time - it might not work on your own server (dunno, haven't tried) but try it on some public server - it might jsut work on dedicated (for all i konw) but it still is a major problem (for me)!

Meandor
June 12, 2005, 2:43 pm
This is more of a bug, I think. Moved to the proper section..

qazwertred
June 15, 2005, 8:21 pm
Wouldn't it just be easier to remove the server's collision detection between corpses-bullets/nades?

By doing so I guess the corpse could be changed into being completely client-side, which would decrease lag a little bit and fix the issue.

You would still be able to shoot at the corpse since it would have client-side colision detection.

The difference would be that bullets wouldn't lose speed when being shot through corpses and nades wouldn't explode which could possibly change some minor tactic nade-throws or getting protection from corpses. But, from what I've seen, there aren't to many people doing so.

zyxstand
June 18, 2005, 6:25 am
i agree with you on the fact that it will create slightly more lag, but corpses are already server-based since, like you said, they ahve collision detection slowing down bullets...so since it has that feature it wouldn't be rly any more difficult to have SERVERS recognize nade/corpse collsions!
and removing that corpse-bullets/nades server detection will just bring us back to an earlier version where things were more boring and less interactive...

Boxo
June 18, 2005, 12:00 pm
So _that_'s what causes the "invisible nades". I'll know to avoid walking around corpses now.

qazwertred's sugestion would be ideal, as ragdoll corpses don't have much gameplay value anyway. This is an extremely annoying and stupid bug.

Michal Marcinkowski
June 23, 2005, 11:12 pm
The corpses are completely client-side. The player only gets info on initial corspse position and speed on death. After that the bodies are independent on server and client. That is why this bug happens. Maybe I should turn off grenade-corpse collision to prevent this?

chakapoko maker
June 23, 2005, 11:35 pm
No, because I like to nade-jump with a fraged body in Storm and Bunker. Or it'd be good to leave it to a sever admin about server.ini.

Ta-2
June 25, 2005, 7:13 pm
Yes, just turn it off. Its mostly annoying

Deleted User
June 26, 2005, 12:03 am
I say turn it off

Raptor
June 26, 2005, 1:57 am
I agree with you, this needs to be turned off, it's annoying.

Deleted User
June 26, 2005, 3:28 am
I say keep it. I love the grenade-to-corpse collision. It just makes more sense that way.

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 26, 2005, 10:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliI say keep it. I love the grenade-to-corpse collision. It just makes more sense that way.

me too its much funnier

-Claw-
June 26, 2005, 3:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by Da cHeeSeMaNquote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliI say keep it. I love the grenade-to-corpse collision. It just makes more sense that way.

me too its much funnier

And you like selfkills in e.g. Clanwars? :/

Deleted User
June 26, 2005, 3:20 pm
Avoid dead bodies. You shouldn't disturb the dead.

Denacke
June 26, 2005, 3:55 pm
Leave it in.

zyxstand
June 26, 2005, 8:15 pm
i'd say DEFINITELY leave it in!!!
soldat's all about adding detailed features and making it realistic (in those aspects that will not have a huge impact on game-play). bulelts slowing down in bodies would be one of those detailed features. btw, i've been testing it out a LOT (about nades exploding on dead ppl) and i understand how it's in part server and client based (much like nades themselves) and i'd have to say that it ALWAYS happens that grenades explode on dead corpse on client, but servers never realize that!

also, what would you guys say on making grenades fully server-based (so those annoying grenade-issues don't happen anymore!)

Witcher
June 28, 2005, 1:32 pm
Give a glass of bear to that guy! :o He owned it!
I usually use this bug on ctf_Kampf when trying to get out of Blue's base. I suggest you try it too. The only thing i'd change is that the server WOULD recognize the explosion on the corpse, so that it would harm people.
And besides: if there were lesser bugs in Soldat, what would this forum be used for ;)