( search forums )
INF_Argy 1.0
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
Boxo
June 11, 2005, 3:11 pm
[IMAGE]

I decided to make an INF map for a change, and here it is. It's fairly big but pretty clear. For clarity, the defending team is at the left side, and attackers come from the right. It's been pretty fun so far, enjoy:

DL: http://llsc.us/members/Boxo/uploads/INF_Argy.PMS
No custom crap and no waypoints. If someone would make them, go ahead.

Boxo
June 11, 2005, 5:32 pm
It's been pretty nice to play on, yes :F

Come on, post comments people :l

GluLm
June 12, 2005, 5:19 pm
Very nice work as usual, Boxo.
The colours are wonderful and the overall design is pretty well done.
There are still some bumpy polygons on the grounds. One even killed me (in realistic mode)! I suggest you watch out for these and fix as much as possible. ;)
The only thing I dislike is that blue water... water isn't blue! You should use some brown/green/grayish water instead, so that it fits with the map's theme.
Otherwise it's pretty good already. I love your maps!

mar77a
June 12, 2005, 6:18 pm
I like the colors you chose a lot, and the shading looks very good...The only thing i would do is "bend" the bridge...but um, yeah good map...

Sliker_Hawk
June 12, 2005, 7:37 pm
Water isn't blue you say? It is if there's enough of it. get out more =P

sbu-spyvin
June 12, 2005, 8:55 pm
Looks nice but i think that the red team can easly escape with the flag

Boxo
June 12, 2005, 11:05 pm
GluLm, where did you find polybugs? I'll fix any I can find.

Sliker_Hawk, is this map good enough for you to bother waypointing? :I

sbu-spyvin, not if the blue team bothers to communicate. the red flagger is fairly easy to catch on all the routes.

thnx for all the comments :z

STEELIX
June 12, 2005, 11:16 pm
Hey, there's an idea. . .
How about the attacking team and the defending team both coming from one side, divided by a horizontal piece of land?
Damn, idea. Damn you, Boxo.
*Draws up on paper*

Boxo
June 13, 2005, 12:43 am
STEELIX, what the (Please refrain from swearing), I was just thinking about making a map like that.

You've stolen ideas from my mind before, too. Damn thought thief. >|

Michal
June 13, 2005, 2:15 am
Nice layout, the middle part reminds me of inf_warehouse (the part with the cliff and platform attached to the cieling)
I think the background bottom colour is too saturated but otherwise the colouring/shading is nice.

STEELIX
June 13, 2005, 6:02 pm
Heh, how about we make it together boxo? =P

Zero72
June 13, 2005, 6:36 pm
Looks awesome, but I think I'll wait to see if it gets waypointed.

GluLm
June 13, 2005, 6:44 pm
You can spot the polybugs by walking straight on the grounds, without jumping.
I spotted some of them on the upper and lower grounds. Sorry, I can't be more precise without having to draw them on the overview. :P
Those weren't big deal though. The map is already pretty good this way. That's up to you to find and fix them now.

Keron Cyst
December 3, 2005, 11:09 pm
Many people above have complained that it is not waypointed.

I'm not trying to brag, but seriously I tell you, these waypoints I tacked on make it very hard either way, Alpha or Bravo. I'm dead serious; I've never fought against harder Hard-level bots on a map than this (I played using a 2:1 ratio, joining the lesser team; 6 vs. 3, 8 vs. 4, or 10 vs. 5).

It's really insane; I actually lost to Alpha defending the flag one time because there are so many routes and I couldn't discover which path the bot was taking xD

The only problem is that neither bots take the upper-upper path very much, but I've noticed throughout my wypting work that all bots love gravity for some reason :-| I did my best to split activity among all of the paths.
[URL]

For an overview - to - in-game reference screenie, this is the Bravo base and the flag hut.

[shameless plug][IMAGE][/shameless plug]

Yep, any Bravo bots that get near the flag hut start camping there, which makes it really hard for Alpha to penetrate through.

@Boxo: I fixed some polybugs and added 1337 texture-stretching, and tweaked various polygonal colors that didn't agree with each other.

By far one of the best inf. maps ever made, seriously. And I even criticize heavily if you check the mapping department xD

I just don't like the name. I mean, c'mon. Argy?... xP

vash763
December 4, 2005, 7:50 am
THIS SI GREAT

I was grounded when this came out

great work keron aswell

EDIT:keron, they get retarded bottom right

Keron Cyst
December 4, 2005, 4:34 pm
Yeah, I know. No way to fix that :-/ I was trying to get some to advance along left and some to occupy the stat. gun :-P They get unstuck sometimes out of combat, and that is really just a minor problem.

Chonoryoku
December 4, 2005, 10:03 pm
Omg make default map plz.

10/10.

person
December 5, 2005, 7:22 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cyst
By far one of the best inf. maps ever made, seriously. And I even criticize heavily if you check the mapping department xD

Now who could refuse this map after hearing an endorsement like that?

I'll give it a shot...

nickasummers
December 8, 2005, 12:23 am
looks awsome im downloading it. btw 20th reply :)