( search forums )
Access Violations.
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
ramirez
June 11, 2005, 8:08 pm
EDIT. I was told that this bug is caused by making a bot a spectator. And when I removed the bot from spectators it worked fine.
I had the bot there in the first place because of the mute bug (where player #2 randomly gets muted for no reason). Is there going to be a fix for the mute bug later, then?

Before any of you get to say that use forum search, and there are already million topics about this, I have done that, and read most of them.
What I want to hear, preferable from Michal, is it possible that the access violations are caused by the server software? Because I have two dedicated Linux servers. The other works perfectly, I have never gotten any access violations, but on the other, me, and also a lot of other players get access violations, EXACTLY AT THE SAME TIME.
I know it can't be my Soldat since we all get them the same time, thus my question is that do you know what's causing this, and is there anyway I can fix it myself?

Thanks.

KeYDoN
June 11, 2005, 10:21 pm
the mutebug is a clientside bug,
the access violation should be caused by teh server.

btw. Michal, thers an TApplicationEvents with this komponent you can display all errors like chat text instead of ErrorDialogs (only if you code soldat in Delphi, im not sure)

AWH_ReApEr
June 11, 2005, 10:57 pm
So THAT'S why my server gives Access Violations...

Big MM needs to fix the mute bug, then.

ramirez
June 12, 2005, 11:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeYDoNthe mutebug is a clientside bug,
the access violation should be caused by teh server.

btw. Michal, thers an TApplicationEvents with this komponent you can display all errors like chat text instead of ErrorDialogs (only if you code soldat in Delphi, im not sure)

Well, will it be fixed in the next client then? Any word from Michal?