( search forums )
Shinier firepower (aka "magpie syndrome")
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
June 12, 2005, 2:14 am
Possibly stupid request: give registered users an option to select either normal or extra shiny bullets. No difference in firepower, weight, et cetera. Just make their bullets glow. This could be achieve simply by making them look a little thicker (say, 3 pixels wide rather than 1?) and colour them bright yellow at the center, copper at the outer two pixel rows, so that they're a lot more visible than normal bullets. This'd put the shiny bullet user at a disadvantage to a normal bullet user, but make his/her killing style extra snazzy.

I am not suggesting allowing the user to choose their own bullet colour. That would be disastrous, since people could abuse it by matching their bullets to the colour of the sky in order to make their ammo effectively invisible. What I suppose would look pretty cool would be allowing the user to choose a colour for the bullet glow, which would be applied to the two extra added-on pixels of glowinesss.

Entirely pointless, but snazzy. This thread was sparked by the random ingame comment, "I want copper bullets. Shiny!"

Meandor
June 12, 2005, 2:40 pm
You know, you can make a mod with shiny bullets yourself. It's not hard.

Captain Ben
June 12, 2005, 2:48 pm
Good idea! Kind of like tracers.

Deleted User
June 12, 2005, 2:50 pm
Tracers= Idiot gunmans best friend :)

Deleted User
June 12, 2005, 3:07 pm
nicde Idea.. but.. yeah well.. like Meandor say.

SPARTAN_III
June 12, 2005, 3:15 pm
mod em yourself? its not hard, ive done it a fair few times.

Futile
June 12, 2005, 3:49 pm
A mod would only be visible to you, ne? I think this sounds cool. Give the registered people something new to play with.

Keron Cyst
June 12, 2005, 4:33 pm
*lol* Pseudohacking, I see xD That's what I do. And give a bright arrow to the right of frag-grenade.BMP so you can see campers in scenery. & stuff :-P

Deleted User
June 12, 2005, 4:51 pm
hey i made an idea about coloured bullets :(

Deleted User
June 12, 2005, 5:11 pm
but the difference is that we like this guy better :P
BUT.. cooler bullets for everyone to see might be good.. as well as seeing other ppls gosteks n stuff

Deleted User
June 12, 2005, 6:29 pm
^lol^

DT
June 13, 2005, 8:03 pm
shiny bullets?
come on get real... regestered users get jetpack color NOW thats cool...
shiny bullets...
shiny guns is probly next...

DT: wha? the hell... this barret is shining
Dude: thats mine b1tch
DT: ..... come and get it freak
* he comes back and gets shot by his own gun *
DT: loser
Dude: OMG

Deleted User
June 13, 2005, 8:47 pm
Make the torso thrice as large to always see campers.
And/or make a big arrow inside the grenade bitmap. :P
That's not hacking, it's not cheating it's err... getting a smart advantage.

(NOTE: haven't tried (and won't try) it yet, the game'll probably give an error or something...)

Keron Cyst
June 13, 2005, 11:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hugoku...That's not hacking, it's not cheating it's err...
Pseudohacking! :-P It still doesn't seem to increase my skill, tho'; it just makes me more aware that there are bullets raining down from afar.

Jamesmax0
June 14, 2005, 1:36 am
a game with shiny bullets = alot of shiny particles on the screen and also alot of fun

Captain Ben
June 14, 2005, 7:00 am
Mmm... Original avatar.
It could cause a bit of a blue in online games.

vash763
June 14, 2005, 7:49 am
haha pirates pwn.

i think this idea is a very good one, you got my vote!

Green Barret
June 14, 2005, 10:06 am
Stratgicly speaking, it would help in stopping enemy soldiers. However, think about the lag. The minigun has bigger bullets than others, yet i causes it to lag(on slower systems). Imagine every gun using these kinds of bullets.

ignamv2000
June 30, 2005, 3:26 am
Are you sure the actual size (not rate) of bullets affects lag?

BTW: Your avatar looks like a WW2 soldier petting a goat

Vanana
June 30, 2005, 6:30 am
vote in