( search forums )
CTF suggestion...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
June 13, 2005, 6:34 pm
[IMAGE]
As seen in screenie, I think there should be an icon in the Status Screen. IMO, this makes it much easier to know er... yea well if you can expect your FFC to return soon or er... if the flag is lost somewhere so you can go looking for it...

Keron Cyst
June 14, 2005, 10:37 pm
Yes, I'd really like this. And also maybe some arrow that touches the edge of your screen if the FFC's off-screen, pointing to 'im.

Deleted User
June 14, 2005, 10:40 pm
[IMAGE]
As such? (note that this pic doesn't resemble truth; I was the only one playing and thus only FC; the arrow is pointing to a imaginary EFC :P)
EDIT: It's actually a modified version of the previous pic... =P

Deleted User
June 14, 2005, 11:22 pm
nah.. not the arrow. it makes it too easyh to snipe em off. but that lil flag I likes.

Keron Cyst
June 15, 2005, 12:21 am
No, no, arrow's only for your team. FFC, not EFC.

zyxstand
June 15, 2005, 1:56 am
i think he means that it shows your teammates where you are, assuming you have the enemy's flag.

I dunno why they let this post through! it's been suggested SO MANY FRIGGIN TIMES!!!

and maybe have another icon indicating that the flag is loose rather than just saying that it's not in its base - u hear me?

Keron Cyst
June 15, 2005, 2:22 am
quote:Originally posted by zyxstand... and maybe have another icon indicating that the flag is loose rather than just saying that it's not in its base - u hear me?

Yes, definitely.

This thread has lots of CTF ideas already :-P Let's hope Michal reads this (let's hope that catchy title works, Hugoku :-P)...

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 7:18 am
[/sarcasm] =P
Anyways, Search didn't turn out as much results as you'd expect... =|

Captain Ben
June 15, 2005, 8:01 am
Yeah! You could know when the flag is lose by listening to mind numbing Will Smith raps. That should motivate you to get there quicker!

Messiah
June 15, 2005, 6:33 pm
Sorry, but i dont like this idea at all, because it gives away the fun of whos got it, and you should just pay attention when "*So And So* Has Captured The Flag* It would be hard that way because everyone would go after him alone, after they find out who he was sorry i just dont like this idea. Too much like CSS(CounterStrike Source)

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 9:12 pm
just for the teammates would be good so they could help ther friend :)

Keron Cyst
June 15, 2005, 10:10 pm
quote:Originally posted by Messiah... it gives away the fun of whos got it, and you should just pay attention when "*So And So* Has Captured The Flag* It would be hard that way because everyone would go after him alone, after they find out who he was...

This is for teammates only. Of course the enemy still has to go looking around for your FC! :-P And I don't really care about the flag icon (like you said, because X has captured the flag) as long as an arrow pointing to the FFC can be implemented.

GunPowder
June 15, 2005, 10:46 pm
quote:Originally posted by zyxstandi think he means that it shows your teammates where you are, assuming you have the enemy's flag.

I dunno why they let this post through! it's been suggested SO MANY FRIGGIN TIMES!!!

You already inform your team-mates in team chat that: FFC coming low/high ,etc.. so what's the problem of easing this up by adding the arrow thingy??....

Keron Cyst
June 15, 2005, 10:58 pm
Not just coming, when he's somewhere waiting for the flag to return. Who knows if he just might type "help" (since there wasn't enough time to type in anything else), and you're scouring all of your side on ctf_Run to assist him, when indeed he's running the opposite direction, towards the enemy's base underground since he's being pursued from behind?

[/rant] :-P You have a point (most bases aren't that large), but I'd still like it nonetheless.

zyxstand
June 16, 2005, 1:36 am
quote:Originally posted by GunPowderquote:Originally posted by zyxstandi think he means that it shows your teammates where you are, assuming you have the enemy's flag.

You already inform your team-mates in team chat that: FFC coming low/high ,etc.. so what's the problem of easing this up by adding the arrow thingy??....

it might be a bit more complicated than just saying "ffc up" once when he's escaping; he might change position, the map might not be a simple one with there being paths "up" or "down" or "mid", or the ffc might be going out on his own and cannot rly be considered to be escaping and he'll probably be all over the map when he's out, tryign to constantly change position... i'm sure i can think of some more if rly tried to but that should do for now.
besides, you sometimes get ignorant players on your team (ie; noobs) who dunno that telling his teammates where the ffc is would actually help the team so often enuf someone will get enemy's flag and you want to help him(/her) but dunno where he's escaping (<-- another reason :D)!

Deleted User
June 16, 2005, 3:02 am
I suppose this would be nice, but I'm not realy sure its necisary. I mean you're not realy gunna hit F1 and look for whos got the flag then check all the guys names :p

Vanana
June 16, 2005, 9:52 pm
i like it, exept the arrow thingie, only for teammates

Deleted User
June 16, 2005, 10:43 pm
I say no arrow at all :/

i am ahab
June 17, 2005, 10:14 am
Mmmm i'm impartial to the flag icon.
but i dont think the arrow should be implemeted.

The way soldat stands at the mo one of the few things that promotes team talk between newcomers is the location of friendly and enemy flag carriers. Take that away and you're taking away part of the fun for me.

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 2:42 pm
Not all players have TeamSpeak or other voice-based communication porgram (like me).

i am ahab
June 17, 2005, 3:03 pm
well i meant pressing y for communication only with yr team, but more people should use teamspeak too now u mention it ;P

Keron Cyst
June 17, 2005, 4:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by HugokuNot all players have TeamSpeak or other voice-based communication porgram (like me).
That's why we type fast xD