( search forums )
Has Soldat changed the way you think?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Zero72
June 13, 2005, 6:48 pm
I just made an alarming discovery about myself the other day. I was driving along in my badass pimpin' 1984 black Chevrolet Celebrity with the big ugly dent on the left side, and happened to pass by one of those little gravel spots where cops park to scan for speeders, right?

The first thing that crossed my mind was "Damn campers."

This really opened my eyes to what kind of person I am. =P

Has anybody else here caught himself in a similar situation?

Deleted User
June 13, 2005, 6:57 pm
"damn campers" ahhahah! cant say I experienced something like it (yet)

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 13, 2005, 7:04 pm
noop im not that influenced

b00stA
June 13, 2005, 7:10 pm
Does dreaming of Soldat count?

Zero72
June 13, 2005, 7:17 pm
I think so, yeah.

Deleted User
June 13, 2005, 7:26 pm
Well, I say "you got OWNED/RAPED" to many people at school...

Which oddly reminds me high school sux.

Michal
June 13, 2005, 7:30 pm
Actually, I often think of how 3d structures could convert to 2d for Soldat maps.
I also dream about Soldat sometimes. Either in the dreams I'm playing, or I'm in it and it's very real.

bl00dy_n0se
June 13, 2005, 7:32 pm
In some Situations I think something like "Noob" or "owned"
But not very often ;d

DT
June 13, 2005, 8:05 pm
Meh games use to affect me in this way but now they don't...
kinda wierd...

GunPowder
June 13, 2005, 8:05 pm
I'm turning to a soldat maniac. Whenever my brother is using the pc and then goes to talk in the phone or to do anything. He returns to find me playing soldat.Last summer,I used to play soldat continuously for about 5 hours a day.. =)
And besides that i'm always thinking of soldat movies and how to make them. What would the movie look like.etc..

DeMonIc
June 13, 2005, 8:20 pm
I sometimes hear barret, grenade sound whilst I walk around the street.

karmazon
June 13, 2005, 8:30 pm
Sometimes when I'm all alone I like to sit...Oh wait
Yeah now whenever a teacher pisses me off I just make a bot that looks and talks like them and blast the (Please refrain from swearing) out of it

Fangus Deef
June 13, 2005, 8:54 pm
yea, whenever im pissed i throw my combat knife around. itn ever seems to instantly kill anybody though....and it hasnt dissapeared after X amount of time.

Deleted User
June 13, 2005, 9:07 pm
Soldat has given me the strange urge to mow my lawn with a chainsaw

Jello
June 13, 2005, 9:26 pm
Back when I watched tons of Soldat movies, I'd listen to my favorite songs and imagine some sweet movie with that song playing in the backround. I've drempt of Soldat once. It was surprisingly boring.

grand_diablo
June 13, 2005, 9:58 pm
Yes it has, now I want to kill everyone whos against me with my imaginary deagles...

no, tbh it hasnt, it has just made me act a bit more patiently and diplomatic.

Keron Cyst
June 13, 2005, 10:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stADoes dreaming of Soldat count?
Hee, hee; in Nov. I dreamed of playing on a design of a Soldat map that I'm currently working on xD

n00bface
June 13, 2005, 10:17 pm
when i talk to people irl i make an imaginary image of me typing to them, so i talk really slow (or as fast as i type) and sometimes i "backspace" in my mind and rephrase my statement in mid-sentence. beat that.

caliber
June 13, 2005, 10:26 pm
Soldat has made cutting grass with those grass cutters ( the ones with wire) a HOBBY!!. Thats really weird..

AND i also like wrapping old newspaper around toothpicks and burning it. Rofl. Don't worry i didnt get burned. I just stick the toothpick outside the window and let the smoke rise. Frigging weird

Meandor
June 13, 2005, 11:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by SwazoSoldat has given me the strange urge to mow my lawn mom with a chainsaw

lastpatriot
June 13, 2005, 11:12 pm
When me and my friend were playing around with his paintball gun, I tried to pretend I had jet boots. Ouch.

Keron Cyst
June 13, 2005, 11:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by lastpatriotWhen me and my friend were playing around with his paintball gun, I tried to pretend I had jet boots. Ouch.
*rofl* That must've hurt xP

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 14, 2005, 1:54 am
I spend quite a bit of class time drawing up blue prints for my maps...

Keron Cyst
June 14, 2005, 3:01 am
Heh, same here. But of course, I had nothing else to do :-P

mickle89
June 14, 2005, 3:42 am
this is scary

Keron Cyst
June 14, 2005, 3:47 am
rofl

Yeah. In a few months I'll probably have spent more time thinking about stuff regarding Soldat than thinking and playing/modding all other games combined (well, maybe not that far :-P But still).

Jamesmax0
June 14, 2005, 4:33 am
Lmao, i think it has changed me (but i have yet to find out :P)

Happy Camper
June 14, 2005, 5:14 am
i think "noob, and owned" when like an old person falls over or somthing, or just when i see somone do somthing stupid

also, when i think somthing is funny, i think 'lol' in my head.

and i dream about soldat on ocasion.

Deleted User
June 14, 2005, 6:46 am
eh at times i say owned but thats just cause i say it alot on games although i only play Sodlat and HL2 but yea...

enjoyincubus
June 14, 2005, 6:50 am
When I'm late to class, I use my surroundings to my advantage. Tabletops make good roll locations, which increase your speed. If I hit the right ledges, my jet boots help too. And yeah, I know, the minigun helps too. I'm just not that (Please refrain from swearing)ing lame.

Vijchtidoodah
June 14, 2005, 6:57 am
^^Hehe...

You all play Soldat way too much if it's affecting you that way. I've never had anything like that happen to me.

I did, however, catch myself almost saying "LOL" out loud to someone instead of actually laughing. Hence my absence from the IRC channels lately.

AerialAssault
June 14, 2005, 7:04 am
you people have issues.

Zero72
June 14, 2005, 7:29 am
Yeah. Isn't it great?

vash763
June 14, 2005, 7:57 am
i've said LOL irl before. i was like "O-M-G-W-T-F-W-A-S-T-A-H-T-shift+1-shift+/"

that was crazy

Deleted User
June 14, 2005, 8:09 am
some dudes at my shcool say lol all the time.. SAY it.. then I just go and say OMG to them. those n0wbs

Captain Ben
June 14, 2005, 8:22 am
The knife throwing influenced me very much. After reading acouple of books, my frinds and I managed to throw our metaltech-made knives into a tree from about ten metres away :P When we're short on knives, we use randomly found forks.
Other than that, whenever I jump off a ledge greater than one metre, I tend to army roll, knocking over students and pedestrians in the process.

LazehBoi
June 14, 2005, 9:49 am
I have nightmares about the minimi.

Green Barret
June 14, 2005, 10:00 am
Sometimes I go to sleep late at night with ideas for various games including Soldat. When I go to sleep, I dream of these ideas from time to time. Rare, but it happens.

The @venger
June 14, 2005, 10:24 am
:) lol i think about soldat alot when i'm bored...

T-Money
June 14, 2005, 11:54 am
Holy crap you guys are friggin fanatical...I never dream/think about soldat really. I guess every once in a while I think "muah, owned (Please refrain from swearing)er" or some similar online-ism but other than that...Soldat occupies so little of my life it's not really much of an influence. Now, America's Army on the other hand....

NOT! ha.

Meandor
June 14, 2005, 2:24 pm
Jumping on a spiky poligon (pointy object) causes sometimes the boost speed bug. Try it at home.
I repeatedly catch myself thinking ctrl+z while drawing irl. Then I realize I can't cancel it like that, that sucks :P

i am ahab
June 14, 2005, 4:56 pm
i went through a phase of typing 't' before every message in msn....

The @venger
June 14, 2005, 9:40 pm
hehe i used to use t as a chat button, but i changed it becoz all my messages became like "tlol"
and stuff like that. very irritating...

Zero72
June 14, 2005, 9:42 pm
lol, that's a pretty common problem, methinks. I do it for a while in MSN after a long Soldat session, but it's never been too bad for me.

STEELIX
June 14, 2005, 9:47 pm
Hell yeah! I Think in 2d!!

Happy Camper
June 14, 2005, 10:45 pm
i add a t infront of things also.

Captain Ben
June 15, 2005, 7:57 am
I press enter instead of Submit Reply :P

SPARTAN_III
June 15, 2005, 2:44 pm
i see how a 3d place can become a 2d map. also i try and take intro sequences of 3d games and make demos of them, but the bots that make up the crowd of people just keep owning each other.

Avarax
June 15, 2005, 4:48 pm
for me its just the speech, i dont say "LOL" or "ROFL" or any of those things in reallife but i sometimes say "oh, you're sleet(if someone really isnt), but thats it. i get inspiration by certain places though for new soldat maps.

The @venger
June 15, 2005, 5:10 pm
one more weird thing i do except from thinking about soldat when im bored, is thinking about soldat forum when im bored, weird?
actually, lately i've been spending more time here, than playing soldat...

Zero72
June 15, 2005, 6:32 pm
That's not so weird. I bet a good few senior members of this forum hardly play much Soldat anymore.

Unlucky 13
June 16, 2005, 8:00 am
I saw a sign saying "Spas for sale" and I wanted to see one so I asked mum to stop by. Then mum said "We have a spa at home already, why do you want to see more?"
That was hilarious.
And when people say spastic I say "Never mess with a spas-tic!", my key taunt.

SeanCapsAss
June 16, 2005, 9:06 am
Soldat has gotten me into the habit of saying lol and rofl and omg in real life. It gets really annoying for both myself and others so its probably a habit I should get out of.

-Claw-
June 18, 2005, 11:53 pm
well... Once at PE lesson we had ice hockey, i had teh puck and i was attacking, then i crouched and tried to shoot the goalkeeper with stick as LAW, and tought "(Please refrain from swearing)ing defender"..

Mini Man
June 19, 2005, 1:38 pm
yea, i tend to say "lol, rofl" in real life its kind of annoying and i always say owned, pwnd, served in real life.
Hmmm...soldat hasnt affected me because i dont play it in long stretches, what really did me in was when i was a Cs fantatic (ive been one serveral times) and when blinds closed i thought i was being shot by an ak, or infront of everything i just put y (Thats always my normal chat key).
And in P.E i was always talking in radio commands like "Go, Go, Go" or "Stick together team" or "Move out." i even put my hand up for a real radio :D, so i gave cs a miss for a while and went outside for a few days...then i found i was bored of cs, and came back again to soldat :)