( search forums )
Soldat Jump Lessons
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
__SnoOpy__
June 14, 2005, 12:39 am
Introduction

There are more skills than just using a weapon or capping a flag in Soldat. Jumping is one of the skills which can be used extensively. The Soldat man can almost do anything, any movement. Here are some basic jumps that a Soldat can do, which are necessary to play climb maps.

If you don't know what climb maps are, you can look for the server AQua's Box (No Weaps) sometimes, as I will be hosting it.

---

1. Slide Jump:

Basically, run and jump.
<Movement Key>
-> -> [jump] ->

Key Factor: Make sure you actually jump high

2. Kick Jump

Same as slide jump except you have to bounce off the edge. You can feel it after more practise.

3. Nade Jump

Lay off a nade. It will blow in around 5 seconds. Calculated the time and jump on it by the time it blows.

In most climb maps, you will see green polygons at nade jump stations. (Setted "only player collides")
Simply throw your nade down into the polygon, and jump up in 6 seconds.

4. Ice Jump

I don't think this is really "jump" but ok I'll use this term.
Basically, just slide off the polygon (Ice).

Key Factor: To Ice Jump far, it's not about how far you slide, it's about how fast you slide, and where you take off. Make sure the point you start to the place you will take off is smooth.

5. High Jump

This is a rare one, and I don't know if there's any specific term for jump, so I'll just call it High Jump.

On polygons that setted "Ice", the edge is always bouncy. Jump on the edge straight up, and you can jump 2x higher.

However, this jump is most likely only useful for ctf_Atheleticsc's shortcut.

---

Pictures will be posted later
More accurate statistics will be posted later

Keron Cyst
June 14, 2005, 12:41 am
And on steep hills like ctf_Crashed's Bravo's northern side, if you "slide jump" (a.k.a. "dash") really fast you can fly a lot farther than even jetting while prone.

SPARTAN_III
June 14, 2005, 7:43 am
nade jump can be done with m79. but do not minigun jump, it is irritating.

Captain Ben
June 14, 2005, 8:23 am
Run and let go of the key, and before you lose momentum, press up. It helps on maps like Lagrange.

Deleted User
June 14, 2005, 9:42 am
Roll jump.. roll over a bump or an edge, and you will be crouched in mid air.. waheey

Avarax
June 14, 2005, 12:35 pm
you forgot:

Far Icejump:
before taking off stand up and jump.

;D

Deleted User
June 14, 2005, 5:07 pm
I'm not gonna divulge too much information but there's a new kind of jump in the next Soldat version. =P

Mum's the word.

CKA Le MeSsiE
June 14, 2005, 7:04 pm
yeah very funny game mode
(see you later fall in the big hole^^)

Spectral
June 14, 2005, 7:41 pm
jumping every time you hit the ground increases your speed greatly, especially on an incline where at the end you get an extra speed boost

caliber
June 14, 2005, 8:40 pm
Roll Jet:
Roll and then tap jet, it makes u move faster than slide jump

Toumaz
June 15, 2005, 9:37 am
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliI'm not gonna divulge too much information but there's a new kind of jump in the next Soldat version. =P

Mum's the word.

Tell us! Or at least mail it to me! ;D

Unlucky 13
June 15, 2005, 9:51 am
If you 'slide jump' up directly vertical slopes, you fly faster than you jet and if you jet faster than normal. It's neat if you can get it right!

Captain Ben
June 15, 2005, 10:02 am
I want a prone jump!

Avarax
June 15, 2005, 1:39 pm
ice jump is a prone jump ;)

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 3:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by Spectraljumping every time you hit the ground increases your speed greatly, especially on an incline where at the end you get an extra speed boost

I do that alot, even in DM. You'll always see me doing it to catch up with my kill ;) Nice collection Snoopy btw

Keron Cyst
June 15, 2005, 3:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by caliberRoll Jet:
Roll and then tap jet, it makes u move faster than slide jump
Really? I've never heard of that before! :-o I should try that some time.

Mini Man
June 15, 2005, 3:51 pm
quote:Orginally posted by __SnoOpy__
If you don't know what climb maps are, you can look for the server AQua's Box (No Weaps) sometimes, as I will be hosting it.

Any chance of telling us an ip address?

Avarax
June 15, 2005, 4:35 pm
fireground climb server is always online. just request servers and sort by maps, then go for kz_*something*

caliber
June 15, 2005, 6:02 pm
quote:Really? I've never heard of that before! :-o I should try that some time.

Yeah i found it out a few days ago, i was fooling around.

klimax
June 15, 2005, 6:32 pm
It took me a long while, but I managed to master this:

Speed Dashing, The Ultimate Form Of Moving (I came up with it, I decide the title, no whining):

when you are going up a slight ramp, repeatedly presss jump. It takes a while to get the timing but eventually you'll be able to ru nextremely fast with small boosts. It's like a constantly repeating Dash Jump.

I have never been beaten racing below CTF_Run like this. It's damn fast.

The @venger
June 15, 2005, 6:45 pm
er, thats what everyone's doing, einstein...

Mini Man
June 15, 2005, 6:54 pm
Fireground server was full...and now its just not working :/

?
June 15, 2005, 6:59 pm
Lets not forget the mini hover: Make sure your minigun is warmed up, just off a cliff, spray the minigun downward, or at a slant to propel you forward or back, use your jets while spraying, don't let your jets run out though.

STEELIX
June 15, 2005, 7:28 pm
And, don't forget my own face-frontal-attack jump.
Just jump forward, go prone, use jets, and shoot. They won't be able to hit you much, while you you pump 'em full of lead if timed right.

__SnoOpy__
June 16, 2005, 12:08 am
Server on right now.
(For 6 hours)

IP: 24.83.29.158

__SnoOpy__
June 16, 2005, 11:07 pm
One new jump posted..