( search forums )
Cursor Pack
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Keron Cyst
June 14, 2005, 3:38 am
Minor Soldat Interface Mod: Cursor Pack
The Cursor Pack gives 7 cursors for Soldat. Use 'em in any mod(s) you might make (except for Null.BMP, which I'll be using), but remember to give me a little credit in your readme ;-) And don't modify 'em if you actually will be distributing 'em, okay?

Download here: [URL] (self-extracting .EXE targeted for desktop)

Biohazard
[IMAGE]

Sorry if they look a little bland; most of 'em use the default cursor's color scheme (there are 8 cursors counting that, so don't worry about accidentally replacing it); I'm just for some reason attracted to it :-D

Triad 60º
[IMAGE]

Triad 45º
[IMAGE]

The following cursor is what I will be using for the Null Soldat Mod, a purely fictional & slightly futuristic mod that I'm currently working on: [IMAGE]Please don't comment on this unless you have downloaded it; for example, I made the peace sign as a cursor and it looks like crap when you preview it right there, but in-game it owns.
[IMAGE]

I'm planning on getting used to the Expert cursor soon (download & see what I mean) B-)

Deleted User
June 14, 2005, 4:23 am
the so called Null Soldat cursor looks strangly familiar to my Equilibrium cursor
but im not going to assume anything
[IMAGE]

N1nj@
June 14, 2005, 4:26 am
how about take some in-game screens with the cursor then come post ur mod..

Keron Cyst
June 14, 2005, 4:34 am
quote:Originally posted by Cleric Achillesthe so called Null Soldat cursor looks strangly familiar to my Equilibrium cursor
but im not going to assume anything
[IMAGE]
Wow! I've seriously never seen that cursor before. (A simple post can't prove anything, but still, the likeness's crazy.)

@N1nj@: Done!

n00bface
June 14, 2005, 6:24 am
I personally think there is almost no resemblance between Achilles' cursor and yours. The only resemblance I can see is that they're both sort of shaped like an X....

Keron Cyst
June 14, 2005, 6:45 am
They're both T-shaped, I see (the four lines that compose the X shape). That's pretty crazy; I was just doodling cursor ideas in class and discovered the hard way that any cursor with less than three marks looks like crap (hence, my triads, which are aside from a few touches simply alternate forms of the Default cursor) ;-)

Deleted User
June 14, 2005, 6:51 am
well im not going to assume anything but i like your cursors

Keron Cyst
June 14, 2005, 6:58 am
Freakin' lag... Yahoo! SBC's going haywire today :-/
*deletes double-post*
Yeah, thanks :-) If two lines looked better than they do, I'd've done some of those, but two lines for a cursor... xP Ought I to create pentagonal+?

SPARTAN_III
June 14, 2005, 12:57 pm
love em all, except the expert one. because there is nothing TO like about it.

Deleted User
June 14, 2005, 12:57 pm
Nice work ! Make them more! :D *d\l*

N1nj@
June 14, 2005, 1:30 pm
The traid is pretty cool

Deleted User
June 14, 2005, 3:33 pm
Cool, I realy like the Biohazard one. Btw the first map is cambodia :p

Keron Cyst
June 14, 2005, 9:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIlove em all, except the expert one. because there is nothing TO like about it.
*lol* It makes you pay attention to your soldat more, tho' :-P

BTW, the Nuclear cursor is still affected by friendly/hostile colors; it doesn't stay yellow.
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BM
... the first map is cambodia :p
Good job!
[IMAGE]

EDIT I'm on a roll today! Yes, this is the actual image for the cursor.

N00b's Trainer
[IMAGE]

Download the raw .BMP (right-click & Save As...; you know where it goes): [URL]

I seriously wonder if this was worth the short time to make & if anyone will actually try this cursor... :-/

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 3:16 am
Yay! I get Kudos! :p

@the n00b cursor: That's just scary. . .

Keron Cyst
June 15, 2005, 3:48 am
Sorry, it's much less blurry in-game (don't know why it's so blurry here)...

Unlucky 13
June 15, 2005, 10:29 am
I was playing around with batch files when I saw this, so I decided I'd make a little batch file for 2000/XP to transfer them with a press of a button. If you are interested, PM me and I'll pass it to you, Keron.
The best cursor is Biohazard for me, and peace looks nice ingame, I love them all!

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 10:05 pm
haha nice sneak in of the SS3. BTW when is that coming out. Any new news?

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 10:10 pm
lolz... n00b cursor.

Keron Cyst
June 15, 2005, 10:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Cleric Achilleshaha nice sneak in of the SS3. BTW when is that coming out. Any new news?
Should be Summer-Winter 2005, any time within there. Russell (creator) isn't specifying any deadlines, tho', or else it won't be "as good as it could've been" :-P

@Unlucky 13: I'm too lazy to PM :-P Batch away!

Unlucky 13
June 16, 2005, 6:55 am
Here 'tis, is nothing too flashy, but it makes it a whole lot easier.
http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/store/Cursor_Pack.zip
It's designed for 2000/XP, but taking the TITLE and COLOR lines away should let it run on previous versions.
EDIT: Make sure it's unzipped to C:\Soldat and that that is your Soldat folder. I dunno if it works with regged interfaces, so you may have to do it manually there.

caliber
June 16, 2005, 8:43 pm
Woah the NOOB cursors OWNS!!! lol!

Keron Cyst
June 16, 2005, 10:35 pm
*rofl* Thanks xD

SPARTAN_III
June 17, 2005, 5:27 pm
omg n0b cursor lol

wait a second...is the green dot the actual "hotspot" that you place on a guy because i thought that the "Hotspot" was the center of the .bmp image, meaning that on this one it would be somewhere in instruction 3. i could be wrong.

Keron Cyst
June 17, 2005, 5:34 pm
No. I tried it myself, and saw that I had to revise the n00b's trainer. It focuses on the first pixel of the image, in the upper-left, as all other images in Soldat (maybe not the flipped images, but everything else, yea).

BTW, I really hate that. I hope the next version will have images based upon their central pixels. We really ought to bring this up as a suggestion.

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 10:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystNo. I tried it myself, and saw that I had to revise the n00b's trainer. It focuses on the first pixel of the image, in the upper-left, as all other images in Soldat (maybe not the flipped images, but everything else, yea).

BTW, I really hate that. I hope the next version will have images based upon their central pixels. We really ought to bring this up as a suggestion.

It's been brought up many times in the suggestion forum. But I dont think IT will be implimented :-/

Maxx
June 18, 2005, 12:25 am
Make the noob cursor without all the text, so it's just a big dot.

I would use that forever if you made it.
So make it.

Keron Cyst
June 18, 2005, 2:02 am
Then just make it yourself; open up Paint, slap a huge circle on there, and make all the surrounding color's Hue-Sat-Lum to 80-240-120 (color of transparency).

Deleted User
June 18, 2005, 2:18 am
If you make the cursor bigger than default you will be aiming weird. I tried it

Keron Cyst
June 18, 2005, 7:29 am
You already aim weirdly with it xP Go ahead; bring the cursor above your soldat's head, but a bit to the right; slowly bring it down, and notice that your soldat's still aiming up for quite a while.

catweazle
June 18, 2005, 7:34 am
[IMAGE]

w00t?

Keron Cyst
June 18, 2005, 5:07 pm
Finally, the first to catch on! I'm heartbroken, you guys, really heartbroken. I thought you actually used the cursors }:-|

catweazle
June 18, 2005, 7:57 pm
yaay it workseh