( search forums )
Commands for demowatching
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
tba.Maniac
June 14, 2005, 10:16 am
Well, imo ther should be more comments to make demowatching (and movie making as well) more comfortable. i didnt found his topic in kazukis list so i hope it wasnt mentioned yet. As u can already change the demo speed with parameters, most of the commands i want to suggest should be easy to realise. Furthermore the normal game hud could be changed into a demo hud including all the commands u need (like in a normal video player or as in counter-strike).

so here are the cmds:

/pause (just demospeed 0)
/play (after pause or to set speed back default)
/speed [number] (sets demo speed to [number]% ; only thing that needn`t to be included into the hud)
/slowmotion (sets demo speed to 30%) [optional-could be done with /speed as well, but i know ur all lazy :p and it would be nice in a hud]
/fastforward (sets demo speed to 300%) [optional-see /slowmotion]
/rewind (sets demo speed to -300%) [see above again ..]
/skipto <time> (I guess this is gonna be the most difficult cmd to realise. And even more to integrate it in a hud. However, it would improve demo watching a lot. Much more comfortable than just /fastforwarding all the time.)
/playdemo <name> (as a ability to switch beetween demos without exitting to menu. may included into the hud as popup-list) [optional]
/split <time1> <time2> <newname> (to make a smaller new demo <newname> out of the original one from <time1> to <time2>) [optional]

In addition, there could be
-a demos.txt in order to not overwrite the favservers.txt all the time and
-maybe a demo-click-box (like the spectator-click-box) which enables the said demos.txt instead of the favservers.txt and sets port automatcally to 0

so tell me ur opinions ;)

Deleted User
June 14, 2005, 2:35 pm
sounds cool, but think it would be up to the guy who made the demoplayer.. i think its ...pr0ger?

tba.Maniac
June 14, 2005, 4:30 pm
i aint talkin about the diamond demo player... i talk about ingame demo watching.
u couldnt inplement this in dd anyway cuz its just a prog to start watching demo. i talked about changes in soldat. so its up to michal not to proger.

DeMonIc
June 14, 2005, 4:42 pm
Indeed. But if it gets implemented to Soldat, it will be available in dd player too. But slowmotion should be slower, and fast forward faster.. as I recon, demos display at 200% speed by default.

tba.Maniac
June 14, 2005, 5:07 pm
well the slowmo, ff and rw values i suggested doesnt matter. just an example how it could work. And no u neednt to make it available in dd player cuz demo starting wouldnt change (unless michal implements the idea of the democlickbox too)

Spectral
June 14, 2005, 7:57 pm
very good suggestions. these should definately be implemented