CS OR SOLDAT???
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
The @venger
June 14, 2005, 11:15 am
whats best? cs or soldat?
personally i like soldat better...

Aquarius
June 14, 2005, 11:21 am
Sid Meier's Civilization is the best. Now we may close this thread.

The @venger
June 14, 2005, 11:42 am
nah, civ is too boring, gives me creeps.. :(

blackdevil0742
June 14, 2005, 11:42 am
SOLDAT!

quote:Originally posted by AquariusSid Meier's Civilization is the best. Now we may close this thread.

Now i'm going to kill myself.

T-Money
June 14, 2005, 11:50 am
Civ sucks. Gay gay gay. Obviously sold hat > all others.

And isn't this the wrong question to be asking in the SOLDAT forums?

Tha Doggfather
June 14, 2005, 12:14 pm
This is like asking "Xbox 360 or PS3" on an Xbox forum.

The @venger
June 14, 2005, 12:27 pm
ok, ok i see. but alot of you could be playing cs in addition, couldn't ya?

SPARTAN_III
June 14, 2005, 12:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by Tha DoggfatherThis is like asking "Xbox 360 or PS3" on an Xbox forum.

PS3 all the way.

soldat lah! what you think, eh? although cs is very nice.

Deleted User
June 14, 2005, 12:57 pm
soldat.. definetly :P

Deleted User
June 14, 2005, 1:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by Tha DoggfatherThis is like asking "Xbox 360 or PS3" on an Xbox forum.

*thinking* I want the revolution :P

The @venger
June 14, 2005, 1:52 pm
yeah, but you couldn't go into soldat forums, and ask: whats best? carrots or beef, that would be completely off topic...

Deleted User
June 14, 2005, 2:22 pm
if we though cs was better than soldat, then we wouldn't be here now would we?

Darkfist007
June 14, 2005, 3:11 pm
Well when you consider CS has the worst physics Ive ever seen in a shooter, tiny maps, poorly picked guns, when you stand still and shoot the shot is no where near the crosshair, bulky players, and everything else, that makes it the worst shooter ever made in my opinion. Soldat wins. The only reason why CS survived, is because it modded the most popular game and made a "realistic" shooting game for online play, so the community it had was huge, and ahuge communitys don't get shut down with ease.

NavySeal
June 14, 2005, 3:41 pm
Darkfist when you stand still on CSS and shoot you will shoot in the middle, the first 3 shots then, then there is something called recoil. The physic is good in the game, can't see whats wrong with it. Second its not realistic.

The @venger
June 14, 2005, 3:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by Darkfist007Well when you consider CS has the worst physics Ive ever seen in a shooter, tiny maps, poorly picked guns, when you stand still and shoot the shot is no where near the crosshair, bulky players, and everything else, that makes it the worst shooter ever made in my opinion. Soldat wins. The only reason why CS survived, is because it modded the most popular game and made a "realistic" shooting game for online play, so the community it had was huge, and ahuge communitys don't get shut down with ease.
well, i don't agree, i actually liked cs better for a while, and the first shot hits in the middle of the crosshair, and i don't think that the selection of guns are bad, neither do i think all of the maps are bad.... you could be in both a cs and soldat forum, couldn't you?

Darkfist007
June 14, 2005, 3:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by NavySealDarkfist when you stand still on CSS and shoot you will shoot in the middle, the first 3 shots then, then there is something called recoil. The physic is good in the game, can't see whats wrong with it. Second its not realistic.

Im talking about CS 1.6(or whatever the one before steam was) I havent played CSS yet, but its hit scan so I wont waste money on it. The gun doesnt move but the bullets fly every what way, thats bs, the gun moves due to recoil. And with some guns when you stand still it will hit out of the crosshair, I used to play CS I know. The physics are horrible, hit scan, fall 2 feet and be hurt = bad physics. If a game cant make the bullets to be projectiles it doesnt deserve to be released. why do people call it the best realistic modern shooter then?

The @venger
June 14, 2005, 4:38 pm
1.5 was before steam, i think

mickle89
June 14, 2005, 4:42 pm
CS is incredibly boring. The weapons are boring. Soldat has fun weapons with it's own little aspect which all makes Soldat fun. And in CS you have to wait till your team dies to respawn. What fun is there in waiting. NONE. Soldat is die, respawn, die, respawn....FUN!!

ThaD
June 14, 2005, 4:51 pm
yay, spamming thread!

let's spam, hurray!

Mini Man
June 14, 2005, 4:52 pm
Both are amazing games Cs has some better aspects, Graphics, realistic, 3D maps, but soldat has some others, Teamplay, Clan-wars, community (Smaller and better), more frequently updated, no software fee...
So in my mind they are both great (Altho Soldat is my preferd game atm)

And Darkfist007 - just what the F--- do you think ure on about?, how can you say that about Counter-Strike, tell me where you one of those people who sat on top of the bridge on de_dust with a little awp? and when u died you screamed "HACK HE HACKS" and try to vote the person off?, or maybe u where the one to join a game tk a few times, and then when you get tked have a mental fit at them?, well whichever you are, get ure head sorted, and play it again :)

-Claw-
June 14, 2005, 5:03 pm
Honestly, I liked Cs VERY good at the beginning, after some days it got boring...

It was better, soldat is good when you have some 2-3 day breaks...

Still i think Nexyuz is best Multipluer action game i have ever played..

Nexuiz > Soldat > Cs

eagleclaw364
June 14, 2005, 5:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by Darkfist007Well when you consider CS has the worst physics Ive ever seen in a shooter, tiny maps, poorly picked guns, when you stand still and shoot the shot is no where near the crosshair, bulky players, and everything else, that makes it the worst shooter ever made in my opinion. Soldat wins. The only reason why CS survived, is because it modded the most popular game and made a "realistic" shooting game for online play, so the community it had was huge, and ahuge communitys don't get shut down with ease.

Lmao, if you played CS and stood still, shot and your bullets flew everywhere you either knocked the mouse or had aimbot on. Counter Strike has one of THE best physics engines in 3D FPSs. It is based around Half-Life's physics engine so obviously it is good. The guns are real guns. What more could you ask for? Counter-Strike is modern day, not futuristic alienated weapons or past day medieval weapons and what not. The players are not that bulky. In 1.5, yes they were a bit blocky, but look now at 1.6 and source and you will see the improvements they've made. Tiny maps my foot! The maps aren't big, and they're not small. They're a perfect size.

And here's what I have to say about how you think it survived.

If CS was as crappy as you make it out to be, do you really think so many people would play it? Do you really think they wouldn't switch to another game? Do you really think that they would just grit their teeth and smile? Everyone who plays CS thinks it's a fantastic game. I think you need to play CS:Source or 1.6 and learn to shoot in bursts.

As for the discussion, I think it's a tough call. CS and Soldat are both extremely fun games to play. CS's graphics are obviously better but Soldat's fun-to-playness is arguably better. Soldat can seem a bit linear at times but CS can seem boring at times too. I think it's a tough decision to make, but CS, in my opinion, wins.

Cheers! :D
Eagle

Mini Man
June 14, 2005, 5:13 pm
lol yea pro post eagle >_>.
Oh and i forgot to mention
Counter-Strike is voted THE Number 1 online game.

b00stA
June 14, 2005, 5:47 pm
(moved to Bash Pit)

DeMonIc
June 14, 2005, 5:49 pm
Come forth trolls, food has arrived!

AerialAssault
June 15, 2005, 5:42 am
Battlefield 2 > Everything.

Cookie.
June 15, 2005, 5:57 am
Whats CS?

enjoyincubus
June 15, 2005, 6:23 am
lolol.

The @venger
June 15, 2005, 6:56 am
ooooh, in the bash pit i get a lot of intellegent replies ;)

Captain Ben
June 15, 2005, 7:50 am
If you make an intelligent thread :P

The @venger
June 15, 2005, 5:03 pm
ok, ok, i give up :S

The @venger
June 15, 2005, 5:05 pm
but at second thoughts, look at the diff. between the replies from before it was moved to bpit and now....

Messiah
June 15, 2005, 6:27 pm
I have CS source, but i think Soldat is much better following reasons:
1)Soldat dosent need an awesome graphics card.
2)Almost any decent computer can run Soldat.
3)Its simple not as complicated.
4)Plus Soldat is free! And you dont have to pay $80.00 Candian unlike CS Source.

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 9:22 pm
i dont like CS.....but i dont know why, it's just boring to me

The @venger
June 15, 2005, 10:26 pm
er my comp has bugged graphicks on soldat, i only see the left half part of weaps and scenery. :S
although it does not lag...

Jello
June 16, 2005, 4:37 am
Beef is way better than carrots.

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 1:18 am
i think that means homeworld should be made into a movie