( search forums )
Game Problem
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Messiah
June 14, 2005, 7:09 pm
My friend has the really weird problem with his soldat the maps dont come up right i think it might be a file in the Soldat folder not sure, i need help heres a screenie:
http://img120.echo.cx/my.php?image=screenshot12hg.png

Thanks,

PS. Thats B2b_ctf :|

-Love Messiah

Zero72
June 14, 2005, 9:39 pm
Your textures are missing. Reinstalling Soldat should fix it.

Raptor
June 14, 2005, 11:52 pm
I think it's because that map doesn't have texture

Messiah
June 15, 2005, 6:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72Your textures are missing. Reinstalling Soldat should fix it.

He tried uninstalling and reinstalling already, it didnt work, i thought maybe i should send him my textures folder and replace it with his? Maybe that might work any other suggestions? Thanks for suggestions

-Thanks
Mesiah

Zero72
June 15, 2005, 6:33 pm
Sending your textures folder to him should also work fine.

Edit: Oh, you should also re-download the installer, I think.

...By which I mean he should. You know what I mean.

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 15, 2005, 6:37 pm
send him the textures

blackdevil0742
June 15, 2005, 7:19 pm
Did he remove the entire soldat folder after uninstall and then reinstalled it? Because sometimes the problem is still there when you reinstall directly (it has caused problems for me).

Messiah
June 15, 2005, 11:52 pm
Well, i asked him to uninstall and go to C delete the Soldat folder and he did except the .ttf file. And just reinstalled it ill update you guys in like 5 minutes if it dosent work, i need more help. Im thinkin he has a virus? Not sure.

EDIT It Still Dosent Work! WTF! He reinstalled it and deleted the Soldat folder, HELP! Wheres B00sta When You Need Him!

Chaos14
June 16, 2005, 4:36 am
i tried to do all that stuff but it didnt work but o well thx ne ways

chaos14

Deleted User
June 16, 2005, 6:29 am
Check to make sure that Antialiasing is disabled in Soldat's Config utility. Sometimes it can cause this issue with poly-intensive maps and Nvidia's display drivers.

Chaos14
June 16, 2005, 7:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliCheck to make sure that Antialiasing is disabled in Soldat's Config utility. Sometimes it can cause this issue with poly-intensive maps and Nvidia's display drivers.

Well this is Messiah at my friends house on his account just letting you know that once again i tried that and it didnt work. Help? I need more help with this.

i am ahab
June 17, 2005, 10:05 am
have you redownloaded the installer yet? if he runs a homenetwork the installer maybe cached in a server or temp file. which would lead to him actually using the same installer when he redownloads. in which case you must purge the cache/ delete the file in the temp dir and download from a different location

Messiah
June 17, 2005, 4:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by i am ahabhave you redownloaded the installer yet? if he runs a homenetwork the installer maybe cached in a server or temp file. which would lead to him actually using the same installer when he redownloads. in which case you must purge the cache/ delete the file in the temp dir and download from a different location

English please? Sorry i didnt understand that very well

i am ahab
June 17, 2005, 5:42 pm
English?! I am English bud!
Files -CAN- get cached when you download them. Cached being stored so that you dont have have to go through the bother of downloading them again should you need them.
Websites cache things like pictures on your machine so they dont have to send them to you each time you visit their site. Which makes sites faster to load.
Caching is more common with things like pictures from websites, but can also happen with files you download depending on the way in which your net connection is configured.

If you're on a homenetwork then they get cached in a place on the server or computer thats attached to the net.
If you're not on a network then they can get cached on your machine, ususlly in xp, in a folder called TEMP or something similar.

understand?

sorry i thought you might need to redownload the installer and start afresh for some reason.
did your friends soldat install ever work? or has it been like this since he intalled it?
what graphics card does he have? there are problems with nvidias latest driver and soldat displaying textures. i think he may need to roll back to version 53.xx
do a forum search lapis has mentioned the one he'd need.

Messiah
June 17, 2005, 9:39 pm
Well, i tried everything that everyone has mentioned, ill search the forum. And he also does have a Nvidia video card ill keep everyone posted if i find a solution