( search forums )
NSM Delayed (for 1.2.2)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Keron Cyst
June 15, 2005, 3:17 am
This is a preview for my upcoming Null Soldat Mod (my first), which contains completely fictional weaponry, as I saw that more or less every TC made for Soldat is based off of something else. This TC is based purely off of my imagination (well, maybe not the weapon menu designs :-P) & 1337 Paint skills B-)
[IMAGE]
[URL]
That's the NSM cursor (for some reason I'm just attracted to the default cursor's original color scheme). Note the red hover boxes scattered in a pseudo-3D fashion (the higher ones look like they're behind it), which suspend the humongous, futuristic freakin'-kills-a-soldat-in-three-hits turret. Aside from the SG, this mod brings graphical glory (& .WAVs, too) to the AK-74, the M249', the Barret', & the 'Minigun; I find myself using those more often :-P

I need an interface veteran, for both unreg. & reg. (I'll tell the style I want them organized once someone volunteers; I'll give you credit...). I've already got more or less all the .WAVs & .BMPs for it. It replaces almost all weapon images & sounds (I know nothing of gosteks, and I don't see how the current, perfect soldier body can be improved on).
N9 "Resolution" (sniper replacement):
[IMAGE]
[URL]
I came up with all of the fictional weapon names used in this mod (if the N36 Clamian exists in real life, I've never heared of such a weapon), so please don't use them for your own devious purposes without my permission ;-) You can have "Efferton," tho' xP

Weapon designs may look similar to Metal Slug & stuff like that. I got their basic designs (modified 'em a bit) from a total geek at my school who had a huge paper covered with weapon sprites which he said he accumulated over months of 'Net-browsing, mainly from Metal Slug games, Advance Wars, and others. I just borrowed his paper (plenty of times), sketched them onto my own paper, and manually made 'em (although some weapons may have a basic template of others).
AK-74 replacement:
[IMAGE]
[URL]
I hope that the Null Soldat Mod/NSM/"that one cool mod" will be used by many players of the community (especially so since I put forth much thought & work into each weapon & not merely base it on some other game, even tho' I have no doubt that nonetheless the Mecha Soldat Mod will still stay more popular than this, especially what with the creator's own management app. & all).

*waits for interface veteran to volunteer*

EDIT Due to the modding potential news Marcinkowski released for 1.2.2 I'll be withholding it 'til the version's released. Due to this also discard the SG pic. above as they can now be vertically asymmetrical!

Elemental
June 15, 2005, 3:37 am
From the screens, the guns look really good..Can't wait for it to be released!

Keron Cyst
June 15, 2005, 3:58 am
Anyone want to help me make an even cooler interface? B-) I already have the basic design. I just can't think how a small cluster of 3D bullets can be made, or what icon can represent health other than a cross, or a jet fuel icon other than two power signs, actual jet boots, the soldier from the Military skin, or the biohazard sign :-P

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 4:13 am
If I understand you right, then this might be able to help with the bullets. Please give credit to me if you use it though.

[IMAGE]

Shivorken
June 15, 2005, 11:26 am
hmm ... sory m8, but i can't seem to see the pics *sad face* , my brackets arn't workin *sad face*

Blackdavis
June 15, 2005, 11:57 am
I dont find any link to a screen :(

damnnation
June 15, 2005, 12:04 pm
no screenies...

SPARTAN_III
June 15, 2005, 12:25 pm
yeah. and if you want unreg ints, i can help. you can either use my enreg killzone int. or i can make one. you might need to give me a pic or theme, because my imagintion is CRAAAAAAAP

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 3:40 pm
I see some screens !!! Nice work :D Can't w8 for release...

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 4:04 pm
Yo KC/Keron/'Cyst... I might be able to do some registered interface things (I have absolutely no clue how some of the modders changed the unregistered interface :-|)...
You know where to find me, bud :-)

Keron Cyst
June 15, 2005, 10:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by damnnationno screenies...
Really? I'm running Firefox and they show fine... :-/ Try right-clicking a pic. and select View/Show/Reload/etc. Image; maybe that'll do some good.
quote:Originally posted by Hugoku
... I have absolutely no clue how some of the modders changed the unregistered interface :-|...
Soldat\Interface-gfx\all those .BMPs next to the Guns folder :-P

Zero72
June 15, 2005, 10:54 pm
Ooh, this looks shiny. I'll probably get it when it's released.

Keron Cyst
June 15, 2005, 11:01 pm
Field Marshal BM, your image is a red box. Sorry, but I don't see how that can help with bullet images xP

Threadstarter revised; image links provided. I hope they can show for you...

Deleted User
June 16, 2005, 1:11 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystField Marshal BM, your image is a red box. Sorry, but I don't see how that can help with bullet images xP

Threadstarter revised; image links provided. I hope they can show for you...

What?? It's bullets, does'nt anyone else see it? What browser are you using Keron?

Keron Cyst
June 16, 2005, 5:51 am
Oh, I see it now (don't know why it didn't show up before). But I tho't I said 3D?... Thanks anyways :-P

SPARTAN_III
June 16, 2005, 6:06 am
so, do you need my help or not? im gettin bored, pls say yes

Keron Cyst
June 16, 2005, 7:04 am
"Yes"... only because you told me to :-P What do you want to help on? The interface? A small cluster of 3D bullets? Righto! :-)

Or you can get to thinking on what a jet icon could be other than Military's or Cabbage's icon, or the default? How about thinking of something to symbolize health other than a cross or a skull & crossbones? :-D Plenty of interface stuff to do around here! xD

Anyone, pitch in. I'll go jumble your name with others' at the very bottom of a Readme that'll be in the Custom Interface folder where no one will read xP

Deleted User
June 16, 2005, 3:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystOh, I see it now (don't know why it didn't show up before). But I tho't I said 3D?... Thanks anyways :-P

That is 3D [IMAGE]

SPARTAN_III
June 16, 2005, 3:32 pm
like i said, interface, for unreg, since i'm not regged. and like i said, you need to give me a colour scheme n' suchlike.

@FM: those bullets look 3D enough to me....

Keron Cyst
June 16, 2005, 3:58 pm
They probably are 3D, then; I didn't zoom in and take a better look :-) But they are a tad small, don't you think?

How does the interface work? Are the images centered, or are they based on a set position of the first pixel? If so, I want the design for the unreg. to be:

IN-POST EDIT Aw, dang it, there's no code function on these forums :-/ I'll just go make some piece of crap in Paint, and you can work from there :-P

Deleted User
June 16, 2005, 4:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystThey probably are 3D, then; I didn't zoom in and take a better look :-) But they are a tad small, don't you think?

How does the interface work? Are the images centered, or are they based on a set position of the first pixel? If so, I want the design for the unreg. to be:

IN-POST EDIT Aw, dang it, there's no code function on these forums :-/ I'll just go make some piece of crap in Paint, and you can work from there :-P

Well you did'nt say what size you needed [IMAGE]

Keron Cyst
June 16, 2005, 5:02 pm
Well, of course something around the default...? :-P

Ripper.
June 16, 2005, 8:00 pm
looks very nice!

Deleted User
June 16, 2005, 9:18 pm
j0, Keron, need my help or...?
You know my email, MSN, both PM Inboxes (Soldat one and Stick Soldier one, I don't have multiple accounts if that's what you think XD)...

Keron Cyst
June 16, 2005, 10:43 pm
C'mon, you have AIM! Keron Cyst ;-)

Raptor
June 17, 2005, 1:27 am
It looks nice!

Keron Cyst
June 17, 2005, 5:07 pm
*finishes applying metal scars to weapon #6, R-85 Deras*

Interface... interface! Anyone who wants to pitch in and ask about it real-time, I'm occasionally on AIM (GMT-8, usually at night; I live on the west coast of Oosa); click on the gay yellow thing next to the quote button above this text xP

EDITInteface... *collapses*

SPARTAN_III
June 21, 2005, 2:22 pm
keron, if you gave a picture, i cant see it. did you or not?

mickle89
June 21, 2005, 2:27 pm
Hes talking about AIM.

Keron Cyst
June 21, 2005, 4:35 pm
Can you do this, then?
[IMAGE]

Or whatever :-P

BManx2000
June 21, 2005, 4:50 pm
Answer to the image-questions about unreg: no.

SPARTAN_III
June 22, 2005, 9:43 am
o_O

ok, i'll try.......does th text indicate the bar colour?

Keron Cyst
June 22, 2005, 7:53 pm
Yep. Try to tinge it a little, going from lighter (full) to darker (empty). Make all the surrounding (what the bars are encased in) gray (I'll tweak 'em afterwards).
Rather, make the vest... uh, something other than red :-P I dunno, I can't think today!
Don't worry about the 'nades; it'll have to go with my designs for them anyways. Finally, I'll make up a Ping Dot design as well, so don't worry about that ;-)

Deleted User
June 22, 2005, 10:08 pm
ooo... ill give it a shot. but can you give more details on the coloring?

Keron Cyst
June 23, 2005, 12:15 am
What do you mean? How so?

Deleted User
June 23, 2005, 12:22 am
like how you want it shaded.

Keron Cyst
June 23, 2005, 6:47 am
Oh! Er, pretend the sun's at the top-right; light in the top-east, dark in the bottom-west. This goes for the bars and their surrounding containers (well, just everything :-P).

Deleted User
June 23, 2005, 3:13 pm
oh crap... i just finished one thats not shaded like you said^. ok ill go back and look at it...

Keron Cyst
June 27, 2005, 12:40 am
Take your time xP And make sure there's a black outline around it, of course.

Deleted User
June 27, 2005, 12:47 am
no. im sorry. didnt i already say i couldnt finish it? well, actually, if i have free time, ill give it a shot again. :|

Keron Cyst
June 27, 2005, 4:43 am
Huh?

quote:Originally posted by Keron CystTake your time xP...

Whenever you can :-/

Predattor
June 27, 2005, 10:07 am
It looks good but um the guns in game look a little big for my liking :o

F@NTOM
June 27, 2005, 10:11 am
Nice looking weapons.

Keron Cyst
June 28, 2005, 7:08 pm
I'm delaying the Null Soldat Mod due to 1.2.2's modding potential. Here's some more eyecandy so you don't forget about the NSM right away :-P Replaces weapon 0:

[IMAGE]
[URL]
I still need an interface guy, BTW...

EDIT That's my Cursor 45ยบ, BTW (so what if I'm not using the mod's official one right now?) :-P

SPARTAN_III
July 20, 2005, 7:08 am
delayed? oh, good, this gives me some breathing space.

Keron Cyst
July 20, 2005, 8:31 pm
Huh? I thought you dropped your interface project for this. And I never specified a deadline in the first place!! :-P Just get it in whenever you can, but don't take time rush > quality...

SPARTAN_III
July 21, 2005, 4:04 am
well, im working on it, but it's taking time, since my interfaces are usually based on something.

Keron Cyst
July 21, 2005, 5:47 pm
Then base it off of something! Just make sure it's horribly mutilated so that people can't recognize that it's not original :-P