( search forums )
FUN BUG
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 11:19 am
I dont know if this belongs in soldat moment, but It sure was a fun moment.
I was playing CTF kampf. I was blue, playing as usual, then I experienced a bug. My soldat went crouched and would'nt get up. he moved in the direction I was pointing my mouse.. arrow keys were useless.. the further to the left I dragged the mouse, the faster to the left he moved (while crouched)his feet dint move, and it looks klike there was Ice polygon under my feet (wich it was'nt) and if I pressed jet button, he would jet towards my cursor.. wherever it was. so I could do some nify combo's in mid air :D everyone on the server saw this, and it was cool. :D man I hope that happens again. crouching around in loops in mid air.. good times.

has this happened to any of u guys?

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 11:30 am
Happens all the time.. i think it's called Crouch-floating:)

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 12:11 pm
oh. welleh.. its the first time I saw it. spechial day for me :P

Swebonny
June 15, 2005, 12:40 pm
It has happend to me sometimes, randomly. I want to know how you do that bug not randomly if you guys understand what i mean. And yes it is Very Cool ^^

bl00dy_n0se
June 15, 2005, 12:58 pm
There are some people who know how to do crouch-float whenever they want, but they don't tell me :<

damnnation
June 15, 2005, 1:04 pm
3-5 times a week it happens to me, i love joking ppl with it and then just fly back up and kill'm all :D

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 1:09 pm
That sux

Swebonny
June 15, 2005, 2:44 pm
Really need to say that Nookie?

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 3:04 pm
Thats weird, I've never seen or had this happen :( Wah :p

Green Barret
June 15, 2005, 3:13 pm
This is a pretty common bug. It gets in your way at times, while at others it's good for a nice laugh.

When I was first trying Soldat I experienced this bug when I was right in front of the enemy flag in CTF. I was thinking what the hell...
However, the most interesting part is that 4 enemy guys couldn't kill me for like 20 seconds! I was in this weird state floating around while dodging a hail of bullets all about!
When I finally did get killed, everyone was asking how in the world did I do it.

There is no certain way to do it, but for best results you have to jam some keys together(crouch + left or right I think) while being blasted by a grenade or something at the exact same time.

To get out of this locked status, simply prone(default x key).

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 3:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMThats weird, I've never seen or had this happen :( Wah :p
Yeah, I've never seen this either... next time, post a screenie...

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 4:23 pm
I remember freaking out the first time it ever happened to me. I couldn't get it to stop so I had to exit out Soldat. Then I came onto these forums and made a thread in the Bugs section about it. Come to think of it...I think that was very first thread...If it wasn't, then it was close to it

i am ahab
June 15, 2005, 4:40 pm
yeah its an old bug. you can use yr jets whilst doing it too. you go faster when not in contact with the floor.
bloody nose: i dont think that ppl can crouch float when they like. they were probly winding you up dude.

Avarax
June 15, 2005, 4:45 pm
there should be a bonus with this ;Q

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 15, 2005, 6:42 pm
just prone and ull come out of it

Zero72
June 15, 2005, 6:43 pm
It's happened to me a grand total of twice, I think. Good for a laugh.

karmazon
June 15, 2005, 7:08 pm
Happens to me all the time. I like it, cause people are like "WTF?" and they try to shoot me and i just move my cursor the other way and slide away from them fast, then I get out of crouch-floating and kill them, and they think I'm cheating.

Zero72
June 15, 2005, 7:13 pm
Well, that depends on whether you consider an exploit to be a cheat... I personally do. =P

Toumaz
June 16, 2005, 2:42 pm
To me it happens in rolling situations.

Keron Cyst
June 16, 2005, 4:48 pm
I've encountered this bug 3-5 times now. It has absolutely nothing to do with crouching whatsoever.

quote:Originally posted by ToumazTo me it happens in rolling situations.
Yes, it has to do with rapidly shifting the cursor in the front & rear of your soldat and rolling backwards on a small polygon (something like that). It's really quite hilarious; your soldat comes into a crouch position (sticking his @r$e up) with the gun pointed directly forward, and all keys become useless except for jets (and prone gets you out of it). He just follows wherever the cursor goes (left or right) & accelerates all the time 'til he reaches the max. speed, sometimes going as fast as a 'Minigun-surfer :-o Everyone ignores me whenever I say "Don't kill me; I can't shoot" xD
You can still capture the flag & stuff, but you basically can't do anything that can injure an enemy :-P

bl00dy_n0se
June 16, 2005, 4:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by i am ahabyeah its an old bug. you can use yr jets whilst doing it too. you go faster when not in contact with the floor.
bloody nose: i dont think that ppl can crouch float when they like. they were probly winding you up dude.

Ohh one of my clanmates told that, and im sure he doesnt lie! I'll ask him and maybe i'll post a demo where i demonstrate that it's possible :p

Judge_Man
June 17, 2005, 12:34 am
Yeah happens to me often.
when i reload my m79 while rolling/crouching somethings like that.
You can probably do it on purpose.

Raptor
June 17, 2005, 1:15 am
WOW! that never happens to me *starts crying*

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 2:07 am
I wish I could do it on command :P

Boxo
June 17, 2005, 2:12 am
I've hearing about this for a long time, but i've never seen it happen to anyone or experinced it myself ;_;

Sounds cool.

Rambo_6
June 17, 2005, 4:36 am
It looks funny.

To do this bug, just press a bunch of buttons (including crouch) at once. It sometimes works.

Or just flip out on your keyboard :p

Unlucky 13
June 17, 2005, 6:53 am
I remember this when... I think Vij or someone was in this situation. He started flying around and stuff and told everyone to come to him. It was also on b2b, and he was going crazy. Funniest bit was when I killed him, he started cursing me :D.

bl00dy_n0se
June 27, 2005, 9:32 pm
Hehe my clanmate told me how to do that Bug =)
Just take the soccom and reload while rolling on the ground (button "s" dunno how to express otherway)
Try it a few times and it will work ;>

caliber
June 28, 2005, 5:46 pm
Oh that happens to me all the time. I think it happens from lag. It usually happens to me in Laos and Run

--Slayer--
July 7, 2005, 5:53 pm
Yea,I know that bug.It happend to me too about 2 times.