( search forums )
infiltration tactics
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
The @venger
June 15, 2005, 6:02 pm
I have an idea fo a good inf. tactic, and i want you to give me your ideas...
now heres my idea for a tactic: (remember, this is in realistic mode)imagine inf_outpost, you are the read team, right, and you have some trouble with ppl guarding the enemy base. but then you use this tactic, place a "fake camper" near the blue base in the surface part of the map, and let him be out of range from their barrets. then have a flag cap team in the tunnel right under blue base. now wait for the blues to go out to kill the "camper", when the caper dies, you know that now is the time, but it is important for the camper not to kill any of the enemy team ppl, so that they wont spawn on top of your cap. team, then you capture the flag and run back through the tunnel, the enemies will probably race back to the base the upper way, so they will probably miss you. and then you have an enemyfree way home, right?

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 15, 2005, 6:18 pm
yeah if u can find people who coperate

The @venger
June 15, 2005, 6:43 pm
well, yeah, but i meant more like in clanmatches or someting like that, where everything is more... organized?

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 9:02 pm
OMFG BLUE TEAM YOU MUST LEARN........ALWAYS STAY IN THE FLAG ROOM..ALWAYS NO MATTER WHAT EXCEPT WHEN SOME ONE HAS UR FLAG SEND 2 PEOPLE AFTER HIM, YOU DON"T NEED THE WHOLE TEAM AFTER THAT 1 GUY. IF YOU DO THIS I ASSURE YOU WILL WIN.

Deleted User
June 15, 2005, 9:19 pm
capslock yey.
I dont play inf that much. when im red, lower tunnel is blocked by a barretar.. eh sniper, and only main route is open. wich is friggin full of campers. thats why I almost neva play Inf.

Jamesmax0
June 16, 2005, 2:28 pm
I sometimes play inf. But it would be kinda funny to try and do this on a public server :-)

Toumaz
June 16, 2005, 2:30 pm
Would be kinda hard to do this in a public!

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 1:06 am
inf is my favourite :D

Raptor
June 17, 2005, 1:11 am
I like CTF better

lastpatriot
June 17, 2005, 1:22 am
I try to get people to stay with the flag, but I normally get "That's boring"

F3nyx
June 17, 2005, 5:19 am
Um. I don't get this claim that everyone should stay near the flag. Think about it.

If your team defends the middle of the map:
- if your whole team gets killed, you'll probably respawn at base in time to fend off incoming (and wounded) attackers
- you may have soldiers in midfield who can intercept an outgoing flag carrier
- you can conduct a fighting retreat, harassing the enemy all the way back to your base where your team can heal up first to finish off attackers

If your whole team stays back at base:
- there's no "buffer zone." If your whole team gets killed, you don't have a prayer of catching the flag carrier -- you won't respawn in time, and you'll have nobody to make an intercept
- attackers will arrive with full health and grenades, and will know exactly where your team is

lastpatriot
June 17, 2005, 11:28 am
Why not split your team, even if your guys die, you have people at the base to back them up.

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 11:56 am
but then EVERYBODY will go and nobody will defend the flag, there be signalls like >>> and <<< but nobody knows where the flag is until they score :)

lastpatriot
June 17, 2005, 11:14 pm
That's what happens anyway.

Deleted User
June 18, 2005, 12:49 am
if someone goes midfield, they will respawn and get another chanse if they'r killed. also would the enemy a bit before he enters flag area :P

SPARTAN_III
June 18, 2005, 2:40 pm
hmm, sounds good. i should mention it in our next clanmatch.

Deleted User
June 18, 2005, 6:53 pm
to bad people aren't that smart and won't listen.... she should add voice to soldat :D

Taz
June 18, 2005, 6:59 pm
best tactic i noticed for inf on red is if you're facing a bunch of campers, get one or two people to lure them away then have the rest of your team do their thing.

if your team is not that willing, try to leave your base with other team mates at the same time to rush and m79/nade to knock campers out of position.

if you're on blue and having problems then camp harder :P

DT
June 18, 2005, 7:08 pm
no one every cooperates

DT: ok you three go down below and the rest will hold em off

Lerroy: screw you
Lerry: LERRROYYYYYYYYYY
*gets shot*

Darkfist007
June 19, 2005, 4:11 am
quote:Originally posted by DTno one every cooperates

DT: ok you three go down below and the rest will hold em off

Lerroy: screw you
Lerry: LERRROYYYYYYYYYY
*gets shot*

Agreed.
Or someone keeps saying "wanna be on my swat team, its the only way to win." and then they spray the freindly flag carrier with a minigun and get them killed. And yes Im bitter because Im occasionaly that flag carrier. U_U

Deleted User
June 19, 2005, 2:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Tazbest tactic i noticed for inf on red is if you're facing a bunch of campers, get one or two people to lure them away then have the rest of your team do their thing.

if your team is not that willing, try to leave your base with other team mates at the same time to rush and m79/nade to knock campers out of position.

if you're on blue and having problems then camp harder :P

you know what i noticed about this, if theres a camper in the tunnel and he shoots his barrett, all of his teammates will shoot too, so then the reds can then go into the tunnel without being shot by a barrett.

:D but im mostly on blue so if i can't reload in time i take my trusty knife out and stabby stabby

__SnoOpy__
June 21, 2005, 5:56 pm
It's often ridiculous to see Red camp in inflitration. Normal "campers" (It's not a proper term here: Blue suppose to camp in INF) are very easy to get rid of, just KNOW the map. If it's one way up map like inf_Abel, follow your teammate is the smartest thing. Have one or two people M79 boost for distraction.

The @venger
June 21, 2005, 8:46 pm
another thing i did on a server was very simple and very brutally efficient...
i said that "all go at the same time and throw all their nades at the enemy base"
its like 10 grenades all over, and IT WREAKS HAVOC.
made us win, did it...
i also wonder what would happen if all team players used m79, that would make a nice little path through the enemy, and i stronlgy doubt there would be aly enemies left, when hit bu ca 6 m79 shells at the same time.....

Taz
August 19, 2005, 3:32 am
when i say camper i mean people who are actually spot camping opposed to just defending their area. it's inf, it doesn't nesscaraly call for camping but defense is nesscary.

TheRelinquished
August 19, 2005, 6:21 am
Perhaps if you used a more sophisticated communications system you could improve your organization. But you would very likely have to use a voice communication system, which would mean that you would probably have to prearrange the game as well, and maybe even limit the players to people that you have some sort of regular acquaintance with.

But that reminds me of X Box Live or something....

~TheRelinquished

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 7:03 am
maybe if you look at the date of the posts before you :P but it was a very good bump ill give ya that. you would deffintly need a voice tchat program, but unless your in a comp it wouldnt be worth it to use tactics, especally with a bunch of noobs that just want to try out there new WM and think they can take on the world

candiru
August 19, 2005, 4:09 pm
ah wanna eat this post.

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 5:06 pm
Wow, long post date difference. heh

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 5:12 pm
Sounds good but what if its Realistic Survival :)

August 19, 2005, 5:38 pm
Im going to kill someone....

STOP NECROMANCING! IF THE THREAD IS DEAD, LEAVE IT ALONE! This thread is 2 months old, ppl stopped caring already.

Now please, once it dies, never bring it back...again...

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 1:21 am
117 thinking that way, any post older then 2 months should be deleted. the whole use of archiving and forums s to be able to readress old topics

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 4:25 am
Perhaps not deleted, but locked.

rabidhamster
August 20, 2005, 4:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by dascooto bad people aren't that smart and won't listen.... she should add voice to soldat :Dthat's what teamspeak is for... besides, she?

if i'm on the red team, i try to steal the black flag and bring it to the white flag. if i see i member from the blue team, i try kill them by shooting them with my gun. i also try throwing grenades at them.

if i am on the blue team, i protect the black flag by shooting people from the red team. throwing grenades at their feet helps because they usually kill a couple people.