( search forums )
10 Things I hate in publics!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Ok
June 16, 2005, 4:22 am
1- I HATE IT when you spawn along with someone and then no matter what you do slow/fast/up/down he just does the exact same! and you end up beating him insted of shooting the enemie and you both get killed by a nade or a law.

2- I HAATTEEEE it when you press F1 and see 4 more players in the same color as yours but for some reason you are alone in the WAR!

3- I HATTEEEE it when all the players move to the winning team and you end up playing a 2vs6 match and everyone ignore you when you say "EVEN THE TEAMS"

4- I REALLLLYYY hate it when some smartass twat changes his nick so ppl will think he's a noob and then he and his team owns me along with my noobish camping team and starts bragging thinking he's so smart.

5- I HATE it when I get blown up up and down from my own team and I end up playing against 2 teams!!!!!

6- I HATE IT when I finaly find a nice little game with reasonably even teams and then some hackers comes in and ruins it all

7- I HATE it when I get owned by the other team while the rest of mine is having a blast standing in the spawn area shotting the ceiling!!!

8- I hate it when there's a total imbacile who camps with a minimie and starts shoting whenever an enemie comes to base and by that blasting everyone and shoting the flag right to the other team while we can't hit (Please refrain from swearing)!

9- I HATE IT!!! when 2 players in your team start having a talk about the meaning of life while you get pwned and when you dare bothering them! they tell you how rude you are and you should take it easy since its just a game!
WELL HELL YEA! ITS JUST A GAME! AND YOU ARE RUINING IT FOR ME!

10- NOW! the LAST and not LEAST! the thing I'm bothered the most about the publics
Is that they ARE (Please refrain from swearing)ING FULL OF (Please refrain from swearing)ING NOOBS!!!!!!!

P.s: this was written after an hour of gaming in the "Great" TNL server so....

karmazon
June 16, 2005, 4:36 am
I hate when people (Please refrain from swearing) about pubs

Find a good passworded server mutha(Please refrain from swearing)a

F3nyx
June 16, 2005, 4:48 am
Thread closure in 3... 2... 1...

Keron Cyst
June 16, 2005, 6:06 am
Don't understand #2...
I like #3, sometimes. I'd rather be Rambo and take on multiple enemies at once :-D If that doesn't work, then just leave the server.
#5: go to a server without Friendly Fire?...
#6: what's wrong with a challenge? ;-)
*rofl @ #7* xD
I'd probably participate in #9.
#10: game ;-) Every game, especially Soldat, is packed with 'em. You eventually learn to live with 'em (although too many will slowly destroy your skill for when fighting against players in U13 :-P).

Captain Ben
June 16, 2005, 7:18 am
I hate retarded flaggers. They'll run out with the enemy's flag to the enemy's spawn and get killed. Really irritating.

The @venger
June 16, 2005, 7:32 am
stfu, its succeseful sometimes.. if yore owning everybody on the server...

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 16, 2005, 8:41 am
quote:Originally posted by Ok
7- I HATE it when I get owned by the other team while the rest of mine is having a blast standing in the spawn area shotting the ceiling!!!

lol that could have been me!

SeanCapsAss
June 16, 2005, 9:04 am
meh most of these things never seem to happen to me... or i could just be completely out of it and not notice a goddamn thing

Felix
June 16, 2005, 9:20 am
Public sux that's all..
quote:3- I HATTEEEE it when all the players move to the winning team and you end up playing a 2vs6 match and everyone ignore you when you say "EVEN THE TEAMS"

ya that's makes me crazy too

Deleted User
June 16, 2005, 10:01 am
many things u say I totally agree with ;)

Deleted User
June 16, 2005, 12:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ok
3- I HATTEEEE it when all the players move to the winning team and you end up playing a 2vs6 match and everyone ignore you when you say "EVEN THE TEAMS"

Hmm depends in which team you are... I like to play alone vs 6 noobs :)

Chakra`
June 16, 2005, 12:49 pm
bring back SUS! *waves fist*

make it work this time! *waves fist again*

Captain Ben
June 16, 2005, 1:30 pm
SUS... what?

Melba
June 16, 2005, 1:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by Stereokinetic Phenomenonquote:Originally posted by Ok

Hmm depends in which team you are... I like to play alone vs 6 noobs :)

The noobs would be spraying, and you would die.

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 16, 2005, 3:17 pm
but i would dodge them cos i know the secret matrix move

Deleted User
June 16, 2005, 3:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`bring back SUS! *waves fist*

BAH TO SUS! Just learn the password to tons of servers like I do

?
June 16, 2005, 4:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`bring back SUS! *waves fist*

dido.... *waves fist*

Kazuki
June 16, 2005, 5:09 pm
I think you forgot the morons who are in last place when they say something like "OMFG MAH TEAM IS A BUNCH OF *****ES AFJAFOAF ****ING ***S!"

Oh, and I also hate the people who think they're cool when they tell other people to stop complaining. Yes, Karmazon, that means you. I figured you might need some help with that one.

Keron Cyst
June 16, 2005, 5:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kazuki... I also hate the people who think they're cool when they tell other people to stop complaining....
Not all people "think they're cool" when they do that; sometimes whiners just can't shut up without being told to (but usually they just retaliate even more aggressively) :-P

mar77a
June 16, 2005, 6:14 pm
You can say you are a good developed soldat player when you learn to accpet this things and manage them without anger :)a

Ok
June 16, 2005, 6:20 pm
I'm a very good developed Soldat player and I can tell you for sure.
I used to enjoy publics, with time I started enjoying it less and less.
I'm just used to playing with good players who actually know the meaning of CTF (CAPTURE THE DAMN FLAG!!!!) and not just go around killing ppl for fun and ignoring the EFC while he passes you by :Oh I forgot to mention that, god I hate it when it happens..

dude
June 16, 2005, 6:58 pm
I agree. but i also hate it when your own friken teammates blast themselves out of the spawn site with a minigun and leave you pushing against it. 99% of the time they die because they have no ammo. idiots. They i get mad. Cause they do it again when i'm gettin shot at..

SuperKill
June 16, 2005, 7:15 pm
^ rofl, yea that too.

Mini Man
June 16, 2005, 8:44 pm
Here is my quick and easy guide to not getting so badly annoyed at Soldat :
1) Dont play Public.

Liber_Lupus
June 16, 2005, 8:50 pm
Or better yet, stop playing soldat.

Deleted User
June 16, 2005, 9:28 pm
I agree with most of your HATE thingys :O

Captain Ben ...Whats your soldat nick ???

Kazuki
June 16, 2005, 9:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by Kazuki... I also hate the people who think they're cool when they tell other people to stop complaining....
Not all people "think they're cool" when they do that; sometimes whiners just can't shut up without being told to (but usually they just retaliate even more aggressively) :-P

I didn't say I hated all the people who tell you to stop complaining. I said I only hated the ones that think it makes them look cool. :P

Ok
June 16, 2005, 10:54 pm
Ah yes the ones who think that if they laugh at whiners, it makes them somewhat more mature and better then them.

Jamesmax0
June 16, 2005, 10:57 pm
I cant really add anything to this because you've listed all my pet peeves aout those (Please refrain from swearing)ing public servers. Good job :)

karmazon
June 16, 2005, 11:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by Kazuki

Oh, and I also hate the people who think they're cool when they tell other people to stop complaining. Yes, Karmazon, that means you. I figured you might need some help with that one.

Dude what the (Please refrain from swearing) you were being an extreme whiner and all I ever said was "just play" and "enjoy".

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 1:01 am
ok wtf why dont you like a little challenge? most of the hackers dont even know how to use a hack and just fly into walls why I shoot them...... dont even try to kick a hacker because even i know how to change my ip. SO STOP COMPLAINING AND HAVE A LITTLE FUN PLAYING AGAINST A TEAM OF 12 HACKERS WHY'LL YOUR TEAM ONLY HAS 3 PEOPLE

Raptor
June 17, 2005, 1:06 am
I mostly hate campers...

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 3:43 am
Wow,I'm the first one to say this,but
"Having a bad day in soldat?We don't care!"

Play it or don't.Stop whining.

Ok
June 17, 2005, 4:17 am
quote:Originally posted by Gen0cide`Wow,I'm the first one to say this,but
"Having a bad day in soldat?We don't care!"

Play it or don't.Stop whining.

Hey Kazuki :) here's a guy you like

quote:Originally posted by Kazuki

There's a reason you're the first one to say that "genocide" :) maybe you should ask yourself "why" from time to time, it might be very usefull.

Chakra`
June 17, 2005, 4:17 am
Whining is healthy. Anti-whining isn't. Let people who are feeling open towards these things share their thoughts and perhaps discover why people do these things. Otherwise try to be more fruitful on the forums.

Don't know about you guys, but the actions idiots make in games, like in Ok's list, baffles me.

Am I wrong in thinking Soldat is a game?
Is a game not meant to be a challenge? a test of skill and ability that one can enjoy?
So why ignore this and turn to lesser means of satisfaction; hacking, spawning, camping, bug abuse and so on.
I may be a little close minded in saying this, but I can't understand how people don't share this concept.

Perhaps (Please refrain from swearing)ing around and annoying people is just an easier form of amusement for these pathetic individuals who quite simply, can't play the game to standards.

Another thing I never get. Guys named Soldier, but clearly aren't noobs, even equiping taunts and racking up kills. Why hide your original name? are they being stalked? Does the onimity make you feel naughty and dangerous? Always been curious about that.

i am ahab
June 17, 2005, 9:25 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`
Is a game not meant to be a challenge? a test of skill and ability that one can enjoy?
So why ignore this and turn to lesser means of satisfaction; hacking, spawning, camping, bug abuse and so on.

Amen Brother Chak.

Tis after all the same as entering the worlds strongest man championship and having a sneaky helper replace all your heavy stuff with inflatables. Sure you'll win, but you're missing the point.

karmazon
June 17, 2005, 3:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`

I think of a game more in terms of an entertainment, so whining defeats the purpose of entertainment, if I want to whine I go into politics, if I want to relax I play soldat.

Chakra`
June 17, 2005, 3:51 pm
Strange, and very lucky how Soldat relaxes you. I myself - and no doubt Ok and a few others - find it winds me up more than not if i'm unfortunate enough to find one of many idiot-infested servers.

In fact, soldat is anything but relaxing. Thrilling, at it's best surely?

i am ahab
June 17, 2005, 4:33 pm
For me, depends how im feeling.
If I'm exhausted. Feel like quickly blowing something up. Hop into a public ctf server only to get spawnkilled 16 times while my team sit there stood still shooting at the ceiling. Then to try to catch an efc while most of my team lie there facing the wrong way camping with barretts waiting for the next easy kill while i run into the entire enemy team over the crest of a hill.
Then that infuriates me beyind belief. and i feel fully within my rights to swear myself blind at the little pipsqueaks.

But on the other hand somedays i really dont mind and just laugh at how my guts go squirting everywhere. Or maybe I pick someone on the other team to wind up and then watch the torrent of abuse along the lines of STFU n00B!!

I guess it depends on how much testosterone I'm currently harbouring. To be fair our brains only really evolved to be able to scream at monkeys in the next tree. So its perfectly normal to get wound up and want to cave heads in with coconuts/rocks/whatevers at hand. I enjoy soldat after a few beers. Quite the relaxing tonic I dare vouch.

In fact wandering off topic slightly, Im from now on going to counter leet speak in these dam forumns with olde english speak. Teach those bounders a lesson eh what?! Think i shall call it 03 what! 0 for Olde and 3 is the blighers' cunning pseudonym for E so I'm going to give them a taste of their own foul medicene. Tally (Please refrain from swearing)ing ho!

Keron Cyst
June 17, 2005, 5:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by Dairy... Captain Ben ...Whats your soldat nick ???

I've fought 'im before. It's just plain Captain Ben ;-)

Aquarius
June 17, 2005, 6:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`Strange, and very lucky how Soldat relaxes you. I myself - and no doubt Ok and a few others - find it winds me up more than not if i'm unfortunate enough to find one of many idiot-infested servers.

In fact, soldat is anything but relaxing. Thrilling, at it's best surely?

Strangely it doesn't relax me either. For me is like an old addiction, it's not relaxing any more, never was healthy, but I just can't stop doing this ;) And this:

quote:1- I HATE IT when you spawn along with someone and then no matter what you do slow/fast/up/down he just does the exact same! and you end up beating him insted of shooting the enemie and you both get killed by a nade or a law.

this (Please refrain from swearing) pisses me off the most! :[

Ok
June 17, 2005, 7:16 pm
I tell you what, Soldat is a way to pass time for me. I stopped playing it just because I enjoy it.
Once upon a time I actually liked it so much that I would rather play it then watch T.V or something else I do in my spare time.
Not publics though, I'm talking about Clan wars, now it much less fun, and the team I onced liked to play with is hardly active.

So now I just play it when I have nothing else to do, it passes the time great.
But those things do ruin the little entertainment I still get from it.
I said it before and I'll say it again.
Ignoring a hacker/campers/noob is much harder then ignoring someone who is whining.
Actually I find it rather imposible since the whole problem is that he is bothering you in the game.
A whiner is whining. its only words, you can easly ignore it, but there will always be the smartass who tries to look "good" by putting down whiners, little does he know that he is much more of a whiner then anyone else :)
Don't you agree?

June 17, 2005, 7:42 pm
I think you're reading into this a bit too much.

dadarkman
June 17, 2005, 8:14 pm
I hate these topics, had a bad day? WE DONT CARE

Chakra`
June 17, 2005, 8:52 pm
nnnng, then WHY ARE YOU COMMENTING!

*adds to the list*

Green Barret
June 17, 2005, 10:56 pm
Soldat, as with most action games, have 2 types of players. The casual ones and the more serious competitive players.

The casual players play for some fun('a game is made for the fun' is their opinion) and may joke around and do stuff just for fun(mostly typing and doing jokes) or not play at all.

The other side, the serious players(the main motto is 'games are made to win' here) are extremly competitive about the games they play and may do all kinds of things to win and rack up scores including cheating, camping and exploiting bugs. These people may also complain about 'problem makers' of the game(campers, barret users, cheaters etc).

Although I don't want to sterotype, everyone seems to fits at one of these playing style(according to the situation I sometimes fit both). Now looking at Ok's post he seems to be the 2nd type listed above.

Well, Ok, I have to say most of your thoughts are right but posting(may I say whining) about your bad experiences isn't going to help anyone at all. And besides, some people don't care about the game as much as you do so don't get angry if they're ruining the fun for you.

The things you hate may be the things they like. Not everything goes as you wish. You have to get used to it.

Ok
June 18, 2005, 7:43 am
I don't agree with your types, I'm not such a competative type.
I don't mind losing as long as it was a good game.
and I sometimes whine when I win, because it was a very bad game.

I actually believe this is helping someone, lets start with me :) by posting it here I feel less frustrated from those expiriences and the tough time I have finding good games.
And if you check back to some posts, you'll see there are more ppl who suffer from that, and talking to someone about it makes them less frustrated just like me.
There's a saying in hebrew, I'm not sure how it goes in english so I'll just translate the hebrew one "The problem of many is half a comfort".

Also this things only happen in the Internet, since you can easly ignore the others and mostly they cannot do anything to replace you with a good player.
Take soccer for example :) you won't see kids stop in the middle of the game to wonder around of watch the sky without their friends or the random players who were gathered (Please refrain from swearing)ing about it and kicking him out of the game.

In Soldat you do, and its not because everyone don't mind them, its just that most of the noobs aren't even aware that they are getting owned just because some players in their team are not playing.
They just assume this is how its suposed to be.

The fact is that those who are getting into a server and not playing are just ruining the other's fun. since they can do the same (Please refrain from swearing) in a server of their own without taking space for players who are actually there to play.

Its like you want to practice jumping in the air, why go into a CTF server to do that?!?! that's just pissing on others fun and not caring about ruining the game for others.

Those "casual players" which I'm sure you see yourself as one, are selfish kids.
And the thing is I didn't even whine about campers or sprayer or any of those.
I whined about the ones who oppose no threat to the enemie and just (Please refrain from swearing)ing up their own team.

A game is only good if it presents a challange, once the challange is gone, so is the fun.
That's why those minigunners/sky shooters don't do it for long since its just boring.
OFcourse there will always be someone to replace them ....
Sigh...

Deleted User
June 18, 2005, 6:54 pm
lol green barrett i agree with you

Taz
June 18, 2005, 7:01 pm
when there's someone on your team delibritally knocking the flag loose.

when your flag is knocked loose but in a favorable position then people are trying to return it.

cheaters

when nobody evens the teams.