( search forums )
Use php scrips in sarj.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
imhotep
June 16, 2005, 10:26 am
Is it possible to use php script instead of js scripts?
If it's not, there is a way to execute atomated php scrips on specific events (when a player join, leave ecc ecc)?

Thanks,
imhotep

FliesLikeABrick
June 16, 2005, 12:59 pm
the php scripting language is written to achieve completely different goals than the language used to program SARJ, java. There is already scripting support in SARJ, you just need to learn the appropriate language

imhotep
June 16, 2005, 1:24 pm
Sure, but I know well php and i'd like to use it for soldat.
I've added a script extension (php) and I'm trying to get the scripts from a web page.

Anyway, where i can get resaources for the javascript used by sarj?

Thanks,
imhotep

FliesLikeABrick
June 16, 2005, 9:45 pm
google.

imhotep
June 16, 2005, 11:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickgoogle.
I just find web related javascript here: http://www.google.com/search?q=javascript .

Thanks,
PlasticFantastic

FliesLikeABrick
June 17, 2005, 12:30 am
er, im not usre if SARJ uses java or javascript, as I haven't scripted at all with it... but I have a strong feeling you need Java, not javascript

imhotep
June 17, 2005, 9:57 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABricker, im not usre if SARJ uses java or javascript, as I haven't scripted at all with it... but I have a strong feeling you need Java, not javascript
The files have .js extension... I'll contact the author for information.

Aquarius
June 17, 2005, 10:34 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABricker, im not usre if SARJ uses java or javascript, as I haven't scripted at all with it... but I have a strong feeling you need Java, not javascript

SARJ is a Java application, which means it was written in Java and it runs in Java Runtime Environment.

You can write scripts for SARJ, but the scripts are not in Java. The SARJ scripts are in the EcmaScript language (standardized version of JavaScript).

But since it's open source, you can modify SARJ source code and do pretty anything with it... if you know Java of course.

imhotep
June 17, 2005, 12:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
SARJ is a Java application, which means it was written in Java and it runs in Java Runtime Environment.

You can write scripts for SARJ, but the scripts are not in Java. The SARJ scripts are in the EcmaScript language (standardized version of JavaScript).

But since it's open source, you can modify SARJ source code and do pretty anything with it... if you know Java of course.
Thanks a lot.

FliesLikeABrick
June 17, 2005, 11:23 pm
yeah, i wasnt sure what language the scripts were in