( search forums )
Goldeneye 007 Weapons Mod
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Zero72
June 16, 2005, 4:57 pm
Oh, dearest Goldeneye 007, Nintendo 64, 1996, how do/did I love thee?

Your easy-to-pick-up gameplay drew me in, and held me captivated for years, alongside so many others. You were the first to offer us a wide variety of weapons, truly fun multiplayer, and maybe a few other things. Oh, how the hours dwindled when we were given a tank and set loose on a runway full of anonymous henchmen! Ah, the fun of making yourself an invisible gorilla and splattering every surface with paintballs! The time spent running around in Multiplayer and shooting each other in the knees with the pathetically weak Klobb was time well-wasted. Thank you for all the memories. You ushered in a new era of gaming.

Oh Goldeneye, with your fake names for real guns, cheap sound effects, and awful character models (and these are part of the reason why we love you,) may you rest in peace in that great discount bin in the sky, and mayhaps even be noticed and purchased once more by a gamer who truly knows what a good gaming experience is.

This simple and somewhat unprofessional Soldat weapons conversion mod created in your image, quite probably my final mod, is my final tribute to you.

--------------------------------

This, as you may or may not know, is my first mod involving "real" guns, and as such, it's flawed in a few ways. Apologies, but I did my best. If you have a complaint, give it politely, and odds are, I'll agree with you. =P

It was done out of a sudden burst of inspiration, and wasn't really meant to be an utter masterpiece -- just a throwback to a good old game and some fun to play with. And the sound effects are cool.

This is about as basic as mods get -- All primary and secondary weapons modded, but the cluster grenade, rambo bow, and flamer were left alone. I couldn't even think of a good interface for it... Oh well.

[IMAGE]

Download: www.turrino.com/soldat/Z72GoldenEyemod.zip

Keron Cyst
June 16, 2005, 5:06 pm
Nice weapon choice for #6 :-D Isn't the Rocket Launcher supposed to be much brighter?
Long live Goldeneye! B-)

quote:Originally posted by Zero72
... This is about as basic as mods get...
Nope, there are one-weapon mods :-P

Zero72
June 16, 2005, 5:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystNice weapon choice for #6 :-D Isn't the Rocket Launcher supposed to be much brighter? B-)Not really. =P All the interface graphics were extracted directly from the game's pause screen menu (which explains why the scale is so screwed up), touched up with outlines and such-like.

mar77a
June 16, 2005, 6:10 pm
IT's quite good, i like it...maybe weapons are too 2D...

Rambo_6
June 16, 2005, 6:21 pm
NO KLOBB?! (Please refrain from swearing)!

I DEMAND YOU REPLACE THE ZMG WITH THE KLOBB. IF YOU DON'T, I'LL GET MY GOONS AFTER YOU.

Pretty good mod ;)

Zero72
June 16, 2005, 6:28 pm
The Klobb was a wimpy machine pistol that sounded like it was driven by a chain on wooden pulleys. It took like 13 hits to kill someone because his clothes stopped most of the bullets! =P

Thanks.

caliber
June 16, 2005, 8:41 pm
Pretty cool. Theres already been a Goldeneye mod though, but yours totally owns it. But i don't recall a taser in Goldeneye..??

Zero72
June 16, 2005, 8:57 pm
I only found it through the weapons cheat -- I presume it was in the final, hidden, mission. Either that or they put it in the game and forgot to make it avaiable anywhere. =P

Raptor
June 16, 2005, 9:01 pm
WOW! I like the zmg 9mm!

Zero72
June 16, 2005, 9:26 pm
Glad you're impressed. quote:Theres already been a Goldeneye mod though... I ran a search for it just for the heck of it, but didn't find it on the forums... =/

Deleted User
June 16, 2005, 9:34 pm
7 and 8 needs to be smaller and the taser needs to be bigger..

nice mod:]

Keron Cyst
June 16, 2005, 10:34 pm
Just noticed: Grenade Launcher's bigger than the Rocket Launcher... o.O'

:-P

Zero72
June 16, 2005, 11:44 pm
Like I said, blame Goldeneye for the scale, not me. =P

SPARTAN_III
June 17, 2005, 5:40 am
the guns look a bit flat and some too large, but otherwise it is a very nice mod.

mickle89
June 17, 2005, 8:58 am
Where's the golden gun?

June 17, 2005, 9:18 am
Hmmm, i cant seem to download it, but it looks good so far

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 2:17 pm
Nice mod, but you should make golden gun w/ scope to replace t3h lameo 8. After all it IS my weapon... heh...

Zero72
June 17, 2005, 6:39 pm
I was gonna turn the Rambo Bow into the Golden Gun, but it didn't quite work out.

Edit: quote: Hmmm, i cant seem to download it...I gave it a test download, and it works fine for me. Give it another shot.

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 9:02 pm
Looks pretty cool, but 7 and 8 are WAY to big :p They look like they belong in a "Giant" mod :p

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 9:45 pm
where ish my golden gun!! make it replace the sniper rifle, and instead of the knife for the knife, make it the back end of the sniper rifle....that thing was awesome

Maxx
June 18, 2005, 12:28 am
Wow, nice mod.

For some stupid reason, i'm drawn to that chunky shotgun.

And the RCP-90 looks great, but I don't know if i'd want it to replace the minigun.....

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 18, 2005, 9:47 am
ah yes one of my favourite games...

Deleted User
June 18, 2005, 4:25 pm
Great mod!

Zero72
June 18, 2005, 11:14 pm
Glad you guys like it.quote:Originally posted by Bluddthorne...instead of the knife for the knife, make it the back end of the sniper rifle....that thing was awesomeYou can always take the sniper rifle and beat someone in the knees with it. =P quote:For some stupid reason, i'm drawn to that chunky shotgun.
I like the shotgun too, even though I messed it up... I accidentally omitted the short barrel on the end. =/ Makes a nice sound and doesn't look bad in-game, though. quote:And the RCP-90 looks great, but I don't know if i'd want it to replace the minigun.....I think it's great fun there, and was the best match out of all the weapons in the game, methinks.

caliber
June 19, 2005, 2:36 am
Uhh bluddthorne, the Sniper Rifle stock as a knife would be a bad idea. How do you stab with a rifle stock..arent you suppose to "swing"? And plus throwing a sniper rifle would be just...gehh..weird!!

Rhombus
June 19, 2005, 2:58 pm
the game was simply brilliant, but these guns look a bit... dull. Im sorry, they just do.

caliber
June 19, 2005, 5:39 pm
There you go Rh0mbus..with your negative comments..

quote:Originally posted by Zero 72: I ran a search for it just for the heck of it, but didn't find it on the forums... =/

Zero72, there was a Goldeneye Mod but it REALLY sucked. You can get it if you download the Extreme Soldat Package at the homepage website (http://www.soldat.pl).

Zero72
June 19, 2005, 7:25 pm
I was just curious, that's all. =P

Deleted User
June 19, 2005, 11:41 pm
quote:Uhh bluddthorne, the Sniper Rifle stock as a knife would be a bad idea. How do you stab with a rifle stock..arent you suppose to "swing"? And plus throwing a sniper rifle would be just...gehh..weird!! uhm...throwing it would be wierd but uh....ram it into their chest lolz? i mean the SR would have to be flipped kinda.....so u ram them in the chest with the butt...and throwing it magically becomes a knife again

Zero72
June 20, 2005, 5:01 am
You're making less and less sense. Just stop. =P

SPARTAN_III
June 20, 2005, 10:29 am
117, if u cant d/l then right click on the link and hit save link as....

yes, i KNOW that youre using firefox 117.

now then, zero. just because the scale is crazy in goldeneye doesnt mean you cant fiddle with it in mspaint. im not trying to nag or anything, but i really thing the scale should be more.....realistic. i mean a grenade launcher bigger than a rocket launcher.....

June 20, 2005, 12:19 pm
Nah its all good, it was my internet connexion, they were doing something to the phone lines in my area, but now that ive downloaded it, its pretty good.

Deleted User
June 20, 2005, 5:52 pm
id like it to be shaded more, then ill love it.

Zero72
June 20, 2005, 6:05 pm
Maybe some time I'll release a redux, but don't wait up for it.

Deleted User
June 20, 2005, 6:34 pm
Hmm...

Goldeneye rocked, but I like Perfect Dark bettter :D

Famine
June 20, 2005, 7:37 pm
Stealing is easy. I do not forsee a "redux".

Although a FEW look original most are the exact image just sized down.

If this is some false claim, I am sorry, but some look too identical to be your pixel art. I would say, by the looks of it, you did half of the mod.

Zero72
June 20, 2005, 8:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by FamineStealing is easy. I do not forsee a "redux".

Although a FEW look original most are the exact image just sized down.

If this is some false claim, I am sorry, but some look too identical to be your pixel art. I would say, by the looks of it, you did half of the mod.
You look wrong, friend. I dunno how freaking explicitally I have to say this, but I took every single image from that interface from a screenshot of Goldeneye's pause menu, resized and outlined them personally.

I am vertiably outraged at your accusation.

Famine
June 20, 2005, 10:04 pm
As am I with your grammar and word choice.

HEY! Guess what the guy on that site did!

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 1:44 am
Awesomeness...*goes back to the glory days of the N64 and pulls out his copy of Goldeneye*

Zero72
June 21, 2005, 3:01 am
quote:Originally posted by FamineAs am I with your grammar and word choice.

The reason our images look similar is because they were obviously taken from the same source, dip(Please refrain from swearing). I always cite everything in my mod that I owe to someone else, and the only people who did an ounce of work in this one were Rare and myself.

Edit: I think I get what's going on here. You apparently read a nonexistant message between the lines of one of my posts that claimed I had built these guns pixel by pixel.

quote:All the interface graphics were extracted directly from the game's pause screen menu (which explains why the scale is so screwed up), touched up with outlines and such-like.

Cookie.
June 21, 2005, 2:18 pm
Errrr replace the sniper rifle witha golden gun :P

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 2:39 pm
Now all we need are Goldeneye gosteks!

Zero72
June 21, 2005, 5:03 pm
quote:Originally posted by KamikaziCowNow all we need are Goldeneye gosteks!
Suggestions? =P

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 21, 2005, 5:48 pm
well bond duh a suit?

Zero72
June 21, 2005, 6:19 pm
Would be hard to make a suit look any different from the default, unless I made a tuxedo that was completely black except for a few areas.

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 6:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72quote:Originally posted by KamikaziCowNow all we need are Goldeneye gosteks!
Suggestions? =P

Hmm...Boris! And...whatsisname...Baron Samedi! And Bond...

Raptor
June 21, 2005, 7:13 pm
I remember myself playing goldeneye 64 all the time... I made all the levels except for Aztec and Temple, I never saw them and I don't know how they look like... *starts crying*

Famine
June 21, 2005, 7:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72quote:Originally posted by FamineAs am I with your grammar and word choice.

The reason our images look similar is because they were obviously taken from the same source, dip(Please refrain from swearing). I always cite everything in my mod that I owe to someone else, and the only people who did an ounce of work in this one were Rare and myself.

Edit: I think I get what's going on here. You apparently read a nonexistant message between the lines of one of my posts that claimed I had built these guns pixel by pixel.

quote:All the interface graphics were extracted directly from the game's pause screen menu (which explains why the scale is so screwed up), touched up with outlines and such-like.

No, I think you are the (Please refrain from swearing)ing idiot. Maybe if you read everything I posted you would see that I mentioned the guy as well took the screens from ingame. Wow! I think I see what is going on here. A prick who doesn't read at all.

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 9:27 pm
look here.

Zero72
June 21, 2005, 10:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Famine
Maybe if you read everything I posted you would see that I mentioned the guy as well took the screens from ingame. Ok, so let's finish this debate once and for all: What exactly is your POINT?

Edit: Actually, you know what? Don't answer that. I don't care. Neither does anybody else. Do EVERYone a favor: Shut up and go away.

Famine
June 21, 2005, 10:42 pm
Hahaha! Looks like I served you right.

MisterX
June 24, 2005, 11:46 pm
The mod looks nice. It could be better, perhaps with more details on the weapons, but it's fine. Only the scales should be changed. The scales like their shown in the pause-menu in GoldenEye aren't the true scales I guess, they're only shown as big as possible. You should really change them, like making the Dostovei's smaller, nade launcher smaller, SMG bigger, definately Shotung smaller, it looks so fat, and so on. But still, nicely drawn :)

Zero72
June 25, 2005, 1:28 am
I didn't draw anything except the in-game graphics. =P

Anyway, I seriously think I'll revise this mod this week -- resizing the most grossly ill-proportioned of the weapons, and adding a couple of extra features.

Deleted User
June 25, 2005, 1:14 pm
Gosteks!

Zero72
June 25, 2005, 11:01 pm
Ok, I'll do my best to come up with a decent gostek or two.

Deleted User
June 26, 2005, 11:36 am
I'd like to see Biker No. 2 :P

Crazy1
June 26, 2005, 5:06 pm
damn, you totally took my idea :p

you pretty much chose the same i weapons i did, except instead of the zmg i think i had the dk5. and instead of the tazer i had the watch laser. though i never actually got around to making the mod cuz i suck at making such detail in mspaint.

and the klobb was the worst weapon in the game. it even sounds weak...

Zero72
June 26, 2005, 7:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by KamikaziCowI'd like to see Biker No. 2 :P
You mean the guy with the green hat and the glasses? quote:you pretty much chose the same i weapons i did, except instead of the zmg i think i had the dk5. and instead of the tazer i had the watch laser.I never thought the d5k did justice to the MP5 at all, and also had the same firing sound of the Soviet and Phantom, so I decided the ZMG would be a much better choice. Also, I thought a watch laser would look pretty dumb. A big blue stick attached to your wrist. =P

Messiah
June 26, 2005, 8:08 pm
I never was a fan of Golden Eye, its a good mod just not enough detail in my opinon i really like the knife though.

Zero72
June 26, 2005, 8:29 pm
I'll try to add a little shading and detail for the re-release.

Deleted User
June 27, 2005, 2:41 pm
I don't know which of the bikers he was, that was just my and my friends name for him.

Deleted User
July 12, 2005, 6:21 pm
The link doesn't work...

Zero72
July 12, 2005, 6:28 pm
It does for me...

As long as this topic's gonna be bumped, I'll say now that I think I'll wait until the next version of Soldat is out before I start on the revised version.

Edit: Hey, now that the chainsaw will have an optional gunflare, I can make a Watch Laser. Cool.

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 10:12 am
RCP 90 is nicely done. I like also duals and ZMG.
Phantom is good too.
But the grenade launcher should be smaller imo. :)

Zero72
August 5, 2005, 10:20 am
*sigh* Told you not to bump the thread. It was on page 3.

Thanks for the comment anyway. The Phantom took some warming up to for me, to be honest, but I grew to like it too.

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 12:20 pm
Ow. Ok I really sorry. Again... ;(