( search forums )
How much do you hate campers?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Raptor
June 17, 2005, 1:21 am
Once I was playing ctf_kampf, I went to my enemy's base and suddenly more than 5 barret bullets hit me and... that increased my hate against campers... I REALLY HATE THEM!!!

HOW MUCH DO YOU HATE CAMPERS???

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 2:07 am
Raptor. . .No. . . Just. . .no

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 2:11 am
ye... those mmmean campers :P burn em all.

Rambo_6
June 17, 2005, 4:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMRaptor. . .No. . . Just. . .no

You hit the nail on the head there ;)

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 12:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMRaptor. . .No. . . Just. . .no

dont ever do that again...i say thAT!!!1

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 4:22 pm
quote:Originally posted by dascooquote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMRaptor. . .No. . . Just. . .no

dont ever do that again...i say thAT!!!1

Well I've been here longer than you and you never copyrighted it, so there ;)

SPARTAN_III
June 17, 2005, 5:17 pm
i hate campers a lot less than i hate you. which is a lot.

and i believe you once said I will not tolerate spamming

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 6:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_III

and i believe you once said I will not tolerate spamming

Tee, tee hee. Everyday he gets on and posts in the mapping a modding sections somthing like "Wow/cool I like it" an thats it without explaning why. Explane Raptor! More content in your posts! What you're doing now is called starhunting and its against the rules

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 7:27 pm
I love camp in ctf_b2b when enemyflag carrier escapes low. I camp behind the tree and knife that guy!! :D I did that to day 3 times.

Green Barret
June 17, 2005, 11:12 pm
Alright guys, let's ignore Raptor's spamming and do something at least productive on this topic.

First of all i want to point out that most people don't have a set meaning about what "camping is". Some people say that simply staying at a spot for more than 20 seconds is camping, and others limit the meaning to only snipers. I will refer the meaning to the former.

Well, how annoying camping gets depends on the situation. If your team is winning(at least by 2 points in CTF), It's alright to camp to defend your flag until the map time ends.

However, camping just to rack up scores and not helping your team at all is bad. Most people considered 'campers' are lone players that hide in the middle of nowhere with a powerful weapon(= barret).

These separate players are prone to sudden assaults and attacks from behind which gets them killed easily. All the while your team has one less player on the main objective(i'm talking about ctf/inf).

Thinking about this more, I don't find any meaning is this topic. Why would you post about how much you hate campers? Who cares?

AerialAssault
June 18, 2005, 12:21 am
i <3 campers.

Raptor
June 18, 2005, 12:58 am
They care... and I'M NOT SPAMMING!!! NEXT TIME GO TO A SPANISH SPEAKING FORUM AND TRY TO SAY SOMETING!!! I'm here because there aren't any spanish speaking SOLDAT forums... please next time consider that I don't speak your language very well, and it took me a while to read the forum rules, and "Field Marshal BM" if I don't """explain""" why I like things is because of those things I said before in this comment...
I hope you all are happy with this comment and thanks for considering all my posts as spamming (including this one)

N1nj@
June 18, 2005, 1:04 am
i hate them as much as I hate you

Jap_man
June 18, 2005, 1:57 am
Ok, so you hate campers? What can you do about it?

Just live with it, it's a part of soldat and any other Shooting game that you cannot get rid of.

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 18, 2005, 9:38 am
campings funny

Rambo_6
June 18, 2005, 6:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by Green BarretAlright guys, let's ignore Raptor's spamming and do something at least productive on this topic.

Hell no.

Raptor, you really are a spammer, which, IMO, is much more annoying than a camper.

Stop trying to post in volume, and start posting something worth reading. I've gotten into a habit of completely skipping your posts because i know they're more full of crap than a toilet after a mexican chili-fest.

[/rant]

EDIT: I read your post green barret, and i have to disagree on one point.

Camping CAN benefit your team. Sometimes i like to camp by our flag, when i know our defences are worth crap. It can really turn the game around, since it puts less stress on those who are good at getting the flag rather than defending.

bond_james_bond
June 18, 2005, 6:26 pm
Camping is not real.

I call it Sniping.

Deleted User
June 18, 2005, 7:03 pm
lets all go camping :D

Kyklis
June 18, 2005, 9:02 pm
Camping = Defending. I do it alot in RS, and 60% of the time in normal. WHY? Because its not that cheap for one thing, I enjoy watching a body crumple to the ground from a sniper shot for another thing. People just get mad because they constantly run right into situations like that. I don't mind the flaming for camping, its when I get kicked that I get pissed off. But yea, its better to have a lead first, but jsut doing it right off the bat can help too. I mean, even if you only kill ONE guy when theres 3 of them attacking at the same time, thats one less guy for your team to worry about. Its easy to get around teams that don't have at least one defender anyways, just take the less occupied route and go back the same way. Its not just a part of the game, its a [i]essential[/u] part of the game. My opignion anyways :-/

Deleted User
June 18, 2005, 9:06 pm
I dont like campers. I mean, my grandma can lay down somewhere with a barret, and kill some dudes.
grab a gun and get out to where the fun is :D

Kyklis
June 18, 2005, 10:59 pm
Nah, thats called a constant camper psycho. Now, Temporary Campers do both, sometimes one more than the other. Occaisional Campers just do it a teency bit each game. Contant Campers are the ones that annoy me, but even then very little.

Deleted User
June 18, 2005, 11:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by Raptor

HOW MUCH DO YOU HATE CAMPERS???

I HATE EVEN SPAMMERS MORE!!!

Raptor
June 19, 2005, 12:55 am
I hate robots even worst... xD

Jamesmax0
June 19, 2005, 4:50 am
I HATE CAMPEr'S SO MUCh I EVEN USE CAPS TO TELL HOW MUCH I HATE THEM!!!1!!!1 :P

Deleted User
June 19, 2005, 1:50 pm
Uh, I was playing some big map, and I couldn't get the flag no matter how hard I tried, 'cause there was a camper right next to the flag. And he was pretty skilled, too. So then I said something like ''STOP CAMPING IDIOT!'' and then he said ''What's so bad about camping?''. That really grew my anger against camper.

I think camping is too easy in Soldat. You can hide behind a bush or box, and Barret has scope when crouching or proned. That really ticks me off (is that a word?). My opinion is that campers are the scum of the Soldat.

The Certified Psychopath
June 19, 2005, 2:49 pm
Just like recklessly firing a minigun all over the place, camping is a skill too. Sometimes it ticks me off (yes it's a word, Fluffy), but I've come to accept it as part of the game. Every online shooting game has campers, it's just another method to rack up scores. You can't deny that using a Barrett requires skill too, and I sometimes envy those people good with sniping weapons, becuase I suck at them. If the game had no campers, I wouldn't call it a game played by humans. If you don't want to play with campers, play with some bots with 0% camping stat, at least you won't need to complain.

DT
June 19, 2005, 5:13 pm
Campers still suck

Kyklis
June 19, 2005, 10:28 pm
Not really. They only suck because they kill you, meaning that you must suck :D.

Deleted User
June 26, 2005, 1:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by The Certified Psychopath(yes it's a word, Fluffy) Thanks. I understand you, I'm just bad at losing and freak out easily when killed by a camper. Please understand me too.

Raptor
June 27, 2005, 6:33 pm
I guess you all should understand ME becuase you don't know what kind of really bad things campers did to me when I was a newbie

Deleted User
June 27, 2005, 11:42 pm
Newbie? I never was a newbie, I just started playing like a pro from the very beginning.

Captain Ben
June 28, 2005, 2:45 am
quote:Originally posted by RaptorI guess you all should understand ME becuase you don't know what kind of really bad things campers did to me when I was a newbie

:O You got killed by one!?! Or did they piss on your body when killed?
It's only a game, what coulkd they do that was so bad. Anywho, camping is just part of the game. Think of it as a challenge :D

Green Barret
June 28, 2005, 9:44 am
Alright, enough of this "f***ing campers" stuff. Most people like you call anyone who has stood in the same for just 10 seconds a camper. Ever heard of defending, ambushing or sniping?

"Camping" is a useful strategy at times but at others an annoying tactic used by skilless players to rack kills.

For example, if your team is winning in a CTF game, the entire team has every right to camp. However, if your team is losing badly and to win you have to get the enemy flag fast, camping is pointless.

So don't whine about anything until you state the matter accuratly.

Keron Cyst
June 28, 2005, 6:05 pm
Hear, hear!

Camping is fine if your team whole team does it and you want to lose (a good defense is a good offense). The form of camping that is not fine is hiding in the central bush in ctf_Dropdown and sitting there with a GL, hogging the MediKits and taking easy kills. Also, campers are retarded if they stil sit there even when their flag's being taken away to score. I don't see how anyone can let the other team get a free cap like that. But then, some people can do anything.

Raptor
June 28, 2005, 7:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by FluffyNewbie? I never was a newbie, I just started playing like a pro from the very beginning.

ALRIGHT ALRIGHT! Everyone starts playing Soldat like a newbie ¬¬ (well I have to say that I started playing very well)

EDIT: Also as Captain Ben said, I'll take that as a challenge, I'll teach campers not to camp :D... Thanks for all of your comments, now I know what to do agains a camper

Deleted User
June 28, 2005, 9:32 pm
Raptor,I've played you,and all you did was whine,swear,and you SUCKED.Campers are a part of the fcking game,get used to it or don't play.In real war,theres snipers,and the army doesn't go and say OMFG CAMPER HAX0R STOP CAMPING NOOB!11!!!1 It's a game,every game has them.

Pope
June 28, 2005, 10:34 pm
I used to be a big time camper, but I'm past that now. I still grab my Barret and head for the bushes on occasion, but not as often. Learn to LAW them from a distance. And call them 'defensive snipers'. Maybe Raptor won't (Please refrain from swearing) as much then.

Raptor
June 28, 2005, 10:46 pm
Alright Alright... I understand. AND I DON'T SUCK!!! Next time Gen0cide` have in mind that I have a 350mhz computer and I still rule in the servers

Deleted User
June 28, 2005, 10:48 pm
quote:[i]In real war,theres snipers,and the army doesn't go and say OMFG CAMPER HAX0R STOP CAMPING NOOB!11!!!1 It's a game,every game has them.

LOL

This topic is still alive? Cant we just lock it :p

Deleted User
July 2, 2005, 6:29 am
It will die, in time. Oops, now I reawakened it. Haha.

Deleted User
July 2, 2005, 10:06 am
I hate m79l00s4r more then campers... And when they do their jumps with it. ctf_b2b m79loos4r jump on my back and blast me over teh country!

Deleted User
July 2, 2005, 12:48 pm
now..... I dont hat them really but they are really noobish
they can't kill someone normal. they are stupid

gr generla von klinkerhoffen

Goofy_92
July 2, 2005, 4:19 pm
Actually, I don't hate them. It's a part of the game. Mostly I camp in infiltration when I'm a bravo. Some people react to them like "(Please refrain from swearing)ING CAMPER!" and vote kicks. I just get shot and try to kill him then. :\

Deleted User
July 2, 2005, 4:50 pm
I HATE them.
p.s but they kill really good:)
gr general von klinkerhoffen

Deleted User
July 3, 2005, 5:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by NookieI hate m79l00s4r more then campers... And when they do their jumps with it. ctf_b2b m79loos4r jump on my back and blast me over teh country!
Using M79 isn't loosing. I mainly use it, nowadays. And jumping with it is fun.

MOFO NOFO
July 3, 2005, 6:47 pm
you know what: No weapon is bad, nomatter how you use it, your all just a bunch of complaining losers. end of story.

Deleted User
July 4, 2005, 7:08 pm
I......Must....Say.....something....cannot.....resist.....
Well I say camping (or barrets for that matter) suck anyway.

-I will forever think that hiding in a bush like a pussy and sniping down people coming towards
you (OMG especially on maps with NO jets) is gay.

-Having 85% of the other team grab a barret and camp by the flag...Boy, how fair is....that.

-Seeing a person with two barrets and taking you and another teammate down...really gay.

-grabbing a barret and start shooting people through walls while you stay on the other side like a wimp...is very gay.

-Thinking that attacking the enemy base inorder to get the flag with a barret will work...very retarded. Oh please...bringing a gun which has a very slow firing rate in order to take a flag? Pfft...

*Waits for people to begin disagreeing with me and start saying I'm full of BS*

VodkaZombie
July 4, 2005, 9:19 pm
I've experienced this hatred a long long time ago, just slash them back with the barret.

L0rd_Luke
July 5, 2005, 2:55 am
Of course camping is part of the game, otherwise the barret would not have been added. The gun is made for camping.

However, while camping may be a part of the game, it doesn't need nearly as much skill as actually playing. If one is playing a game in which it's a battle between teams, then the barret is useful. Then, it is jsut good tactics to use it. When one is playing a game in which they are measuring their own skill. the barret is not the gun to use.

I personally think that a victory is far greater if it is won by skill rather than tactics. Therefore I always play honorably, and treat the barret like it's infected with the plag. I would rather fight bare handed than have to degrade myself with the barret.

On the other hand, if you are a good player, it's not that hard to destroy campers. The only time that camping is completely unfair, is when the game is a deathmatch and the camper is completely hidden. Anyone who claims that they have even an ounce of skill, and then find a spot where they can completely hide in a deathmatch, is a liar. If the camper is not completely hidden, then it's as simple as using his lack of angle to kill him.

I heard someone here say that the M79 is a noob weapon, and I've heard it before. That is complete bs. The M79 is one of the most complex in the game. Since the bullet is so affected by gravity, the bullet moves in an arc. Yet, it is still deadly, even when it's just falling straight down. Thus, one can learn to use the arc to kill opponents that cannot, using their weapon, hit the M79er. When used well, the M79 devesates barret campers. Just run behind crates and under hill untill you're within range, then fire up so that the bullet comes straight down on their head, it's the most satisfying kill you will ever achieve. There are, of course, other ways to kill barret campers, that's just my favorite. The point is, while barret campers may suck at the game, they're not unstoppable, and anyone who complains about them is not a very good player.

PreeGo
July 8, 2005, 9:23 pm
It#347; ok to camp, but not all the time.. THAT SUX..!!!
And if they do it more than 8 min of the game, than vote !!

Gortaak
July 8, 2005, 11:07 pm
no way, camping is fun, and deffianly not cheap, people who hate campers are the ones that always move in predicatble patterns and dont use enuf evasion tactics, i camp, and im good at it, and it does take skill to use, when people are in the air, flying around, you gotta predict where they are gonna be at to hit them, and if your in the bushes, you have to know when to take a shot and when not to, i also disagree with Mister Angry with assualting a base with the barret, i do it all the time and i get away with the flag more times than i dont, i ususally get dropped when im running, cause of 3 people chasing me, but assualting with a barret is used for back up, ie. anti sniper, or to take out them minigun spammers, and when i camp, its usually only for a little bit at the same spot, unless no one has figured out where i am.
and shooting through the walls is kinda fun at times, but i only do that when another barret user is trying to nail me with that, and just to take them out.
now one part of camping i do not agree with is when a sniper is camping a spawn point and killing people as soon as they spawn, thats lame.
and just because i use a barret doesnt mean i suck at the game, if you use the barret right, you can hit people that cant normaly hit you, just like with teh M79, but you have to be able to bounce it off of walls, almost like playing pool with a sniper rifle.
if i see someone coming at me knowing im there (if i miss a shot and they seen where it came from)ill blow my cover and jump around and try and kill them, and NO ONE can deny that flying around doing a 1v1 with a barret is hard, be cause you have to compensate for the dircection you are movin and where they are moving, and KNOW that your aiming reticle is off because of your movemen, not to mention if they shoot you, that thows off your aim even more.
so when you all whine about barret campers, realize that most of the time (notice i said most) its not as easy as you all make it out to be, does take skill, and is DEFFINATLY not for noobs.

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 5:20 pm
Im probably best known for my constant b@$#$ing. How much do I hate campers? Ive been banned off 5 servers just for expressing my opinions towards them. In all honesty, I despise campers. People always claim its a strategy, and yes its a strategy, and im not saying it isnt, but in my opinion its a noob strategy. Now reading the last post by gortaak, let me point some things out here:

Camping, takes the LEAST skill over ANY style of playing in soldat. Why?

- You arent moving, so timing isnt a major issue.

- You have an advantage. Your click kills instantly, with an almost perfectly straight shot for a long ways until it finally arcs a bit.

- Campers are most often concealed, so the only way of finding them is either being killed by them, or happening to run your cursor over them.

- 80% of the time you will have more then 1 camper to make up for your miss. If not, there is also a possibility of your team mates respawning to come to your rescue.

Now, to make my first comment on what you said, my evasion tactics excel. Most often campers will miss me and I just nade them. But you know what? You have to consider the fact, that the shot is STRAIGHT and INSTANT, so they can end your life with a quick click.

Next comment: Shooting barrets while flying. Lets see. There is a MAJOR advantage using barrets damage and aim wise. Why? First off, your shot is straight, it kills in 1 hit. The person your fighting if hes not using a barret or m79 has the advantage of quick reloading. Considering it will take him 2-3 shots to kill YOU with him having to deal with the both of yas moving around, you have a decent chance. You also forget that theres such a thing as secondary weapons. Ever hear of them?

Continuing, a long ways back when I WAS a newb myself, Barret was my main weapon. I played dm's often, and you know what? I was moving the entire time. It only took a few days of practicing to pretty much master arial combat with barrets, its not hard. I also always had a law handy. If I ever some how missed a shot which back then i rarely did, the law would be the best escape plan. Escape out of their way to the nearest possible area to crouch and if they're stupid enough to come after you, blow them up. Then throw the law away and there you go, an even better secondary weap. Pretty much after a while of being dubbed a newb by other players, I picked up the ruger, which I became proficient with after a few hours of playing in a no-barret ctf server. Thus, i dropped the barret from there on and forever, however i will use it if barret noobs are pissing me off so ill just camp back. I still rarely miss a shot. I dont know what the heck your talking about but its extremely easy.

1 last comment, its the PERFECT noob weapon. Why? Well, newbies are generally attracted to the stronger less skill requiring weapons, the barret at first i thought was the worst weapon ever until my aim suddenly kicked in. And yes, i practiced against single player in my newbie days until i tried myself in dm's, which i often won 1st. Anyways, it makes the perfect newbie weapon because of generally its aim and power. Click and kill. Its simple for them.

Just to add one last little paragraph concerning camping, there are definetly alternatives. Im a big fan of the Des/knife combo. Its a classic, which you dont find many people mastering it to the point they're dead on accurate. My strategy in CTF's when it clicks to guard the flag for me, whenever someone on my team has captured the enemy flag and has gotten away and my teams flag is present, If im near by ill A)Run along with him to provide some extra firepower on our way back or if hes far away ill simply B)Hang around the flag and guard.

Now, when I say guard, I dont mean lay down in a hidden area and wait for someone to snatch the flag, i just stand and watch and jump up into action if an enemy team member comes my way. This is my alternative to camping, which i am stating to further prove the moral of this whole giant post. Anyways, CAMPERS, who sit there the whole game, provide absolutely nothing for the team except to kill off 1 few guys running along solo to get the flag. Naturally, id have campers on my team kicked. Why? They're a waste of a player slot. They cannot provide protection from 2 or more people unless they're skilled enough to kill both using 1st and secondary weaps, which will prove a problem when 3+ fly in. Having a deagler, or a ruger, maybe a spas hovering around the flag is by far more productive. Why? Well, you arent still....you're by far less likely to be killed. If your using a gun that doesnt simply require 1 click to kill a person, you'll have a fast reload....it wont be *misses his shot* and "Woops! The guy with the flag is getting away!"
Someone standing guard who happens to accidently let a guy get loose can reload and keep up the pressure to retreive the flag, or to slow him down until extra support comes in.

Anyways, the whole point of this, CAMPERS ARE USELESS, ANNOYING, and I will never cease to despise them.

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 5:09 pm
Please, for God's sake, let this topic DIE!

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 5:12 pm
Never! The newbishness of camping must be known! Mehehehehe....

Deleted User
July 10, 2005, 5:44 pm
Nrgh