( search forums )
Any method to getting latest nVidia driver working
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
AuroEdge
June 17, 2005, 4:18 am
The latest nVidia driver severly cripples gameplay in Soldat. Or maybe it's Soldat's fault. Either way, the only way I can play Soldat correctly is to revert all the way back to nVidia Geforce 56.72 drivers. This is fine withholding the fact that I get horrible performance in nearly any high end game I try to play when using the older drivers vs. the new ones. I've tried turning dithering, antialiasing, and the anisotropic filter off yet the problem persists i.e. most textures are missing and many ingame menus are either missing or halfway broken.

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 6:58 am
Ensure that Antialiasing is disabled in Soldat's config utility. Other than that, you'll have to roll-back to Nvidia's 53.xx series driver.

AuroEdge
September 11, 2005, 10:11 pm
Ah, it looks like 56.72 works fine.

i am ahab
September 19, 2005, 3:19 pm
ah really? i wasn't aware of it working at all! so its just antialiasing it doesnt support?

sazzam
September 20, 2005, 12:47 pm
Well ive been waiting for a fix for a long time yet still no fix. I have stoped playing soldat though i check for updates now and then. In short, FIX IT!

Deleted User
September 20, 2005, 10:17 pm
Weird, everything works ok for me on both Ge4200 and 6200 on every 7x.xx driver I tried.

i am ahab
September 21, 2005, 9:54 am
it seems that only certain nvidia cards suffer, depending on the chipset.

i had a problem with a geforce 2 mx i think....

jrwr
September 21, 2005, 12:03 pm
i down graded to 44.03 drivers with my FX and it works GREAT