( search forums )
"Sorta cheating" prevention--colors
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 7:34 am
It would be nice if the next version of Soldat prevented e.g. a red team member from wearing blue pants and having blue hair. I admit that I've done it myself to try to gain an advantage, but it gets tiresome when everyone starts doing this on a server and it becomes hard to tell who's on your team. This shouldn't be too hard to do, just restrict, for example, high red values *and* low green and blue values for color for a red team person.

P.S. For what it's worth, I don't like the Barret. It's frustrating getting killed instantly at a long distance by a camper/sniper. The M79 can do one-shot-one-kill too, but it takes some skill to use and doesn't have the zooming capability of the barret gun.

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 2:41 pm
Yeah, really annoying. Tho people will (obviously) find a way around it (if it's blocked).

karmazon
June 17, 2005, 3:40 pm
wtf why would you get confused if they wearing a red shirt ? I mean, red sticks out more than blue....

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 4:21 pm
...? It's the shirt that matters...isn't it? I've never had any problems telling teammates from enemies.

Keron Cyst
June 17, 2005, 4:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Tyrion... I don't like the Barret. It's frustrating getting killed instantly at a long distance by a camper/sniper. The M79 can do one-shot-one-kill too, but it takes some skill to use and doesn't have the zooming capability of the barret gun.

Use your jets. A lot. All guns hate gravity. And use an auto, too, to attempt binking the sniper.

Just place your cursor over a soldat; if it flashes red, he's an enemy! If you can't do that ignore the pants & everything else and only watch for shirt color. Hope that helps ;-)

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 6:48 pm
Or, (friendly fire off) just shoot everyone you meet. If they die, then they are an enemy.

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 8:59 pm
yah sometimes people who are totally blue, there actually on red team, because something is wrong with the server and all these n00bs are like HEEEEEES CHAETING!!!1!1 so then they vote kick you for no reason.... hey maybe MM could fix this?

mar77a
June 17, 2005, 9:07 pm
i agree with dascoo, tho i had never had problems recognizing enemies wihout that "lag" problem...

Deleted User
June 19, 2005, 9:35 pm
Hey! Whats about CLANMATCH option "on" ???
And at all it isnt so hard to know who is enemy and who is mate.
Just give your cursor over soldier and u will know it immidietly.

The @venger
June 19, 2005, 9:35 pm
what is very irritating is when blues get wounded and look like reds

bond_james_bond
June 22, 2005, 3:37 am
I agree @venger. That happens all the time to me. Especially with this new Gostek

Michal
June 22, 2005, 3:57 am
This used to annoy me a lot, not so much now... I usually just shoots at anything that moves :P

Green Barret
June 22, 2005, 8:36 am
Naw, it takes skill to tell whos who. If your having trouble with this, it's totally your fault so there's no need to fix this.

Now if your really desperate, download some skins that are easy to spot(like gosteks that block the colors of your soldat but the shirt), make your custom scenery(like green grass to red grass - eliminates the chance of hiding campers), and use a different color blood(like yellow - very easy to spot and unique - never confusing).

Don't change things for everyones just because your having trouble with it. Use the old noodle.

Mini Man
June 22, 2005, 3:57 pm
quote:Originally Posted by Dairy
And at all it isnt so hard to know who is enemy and who is mate.
Just give your cursor over soldier and u will know it immidietly.

Urmm...usually you don't have enough time :)

FliesLikeABrick
June 22, 2005, 11:11 pm
it is fine how it is, go get better eyesight and reaction time.

you may very well be the first person in the history of soldat who is too slow to be allowed to play the game

Deleted User
June 22, 2005, 11:16 pm
I have ancountered ppl with same shirts as their enemys.. thats kinda cheating isnt it? it looks like ur being TK'd but some A*SHOLE is just messing with my mind... nargh!

numgun
June 25, 2005, 8:06 pm
btw... i've seen a bug with some people: i was playing ctf_voland and when i spawned first, i saw a guy FULLY in blue! i started shooting him... but nothing happens. he asks: ''what are u doing?'' i said: ''but ur a blue, why u dont die?'' he answers: ''no, im red'' then i checked the F1 board, but it shows he IS blue... that was confusing!?

-EDIT- and theres no problem with my eyes. >:/

Deleted User
June 25, 2005, 8:27 pm
I know.. thats the cheat/bug