( search forums )
If one person is banned, everyone is banned
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
influx
June 17, 2005, 10:32 am
My network IP address is 10.1.1.4 but when people join it says 10.1.1.1 Requesting Game... Now this all works fine, however, when a person gets themself banned by either ping kick or banned for cheating or somewhat, the ban IP is always 10.1.1.1, which means that every ongoing person that requests to join my server will be banned also because it says 10.1.1.1 Requesting Game.

Is there anyway to get around this by somehow giving my server the option to not ban anyone so this won't happen thus people can keep joining and I don't have to always type /unban 10.1.1.1 ?

Michal Marcinkowski
June 17, 2005, 6:22 pm
Why are those IPs like that? Are you playing on a LAN?
You can open "server.ini" and change Disable_AntiCheat_Kick = 1

influx
June 17, 2005, 10:47 pm
No I'm not playing on LAN, 10.1.1.1 is my IP host/default gateway or something a rather. Anyway for some reason when people get banned others can join again so I think that problem is gone, hopefully. Or maybe they arn't getting banned at all, I'll experiment with it a bit further.

However, is there an option to make sure people don't keep vote kicking you out if you play good or something on your own dedicated server apart from changing the Vote_Percent to 100 which I'm actually about to do out of the original default 33.

FliesLikeABrick
June 17, 2005, 11:22 pm
there is some weird forwarding thing going on in your router. there is a chance that your cable/dsl modem may be forwarding all requests on all ports to your router, 10.1.1.1, which then forwards the request to the server. this would make every request seem as if it is coming from your router's ip, rather than the actual outside ip of the player. Look up some information about your modem online and see if it has a firewall built in, and investigate the options it has, as well as your router.

influx
June 18, 2005, 11:56 am
Yeah I think that sounds about right, all requests get forwarded to my 10.1.1.1 gateway. I'll give you a few screenshots of the Firewall section in the router's 10.1.1.1 site.

Edit: Here's the screenshots of two firewall sections on this router.

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

influx
June 19, 2005, 8:34 pm
Apparently now I can't even ban anyone.. As soon as I ban this cheater on my server he keeps joining back, same with another cheater, I asked why they cheat on the server and one of them said because they were banned on every other one.. Now I don't find this funny at all considering everyone that joins ends up leaving because of these cheaters. Can any of the information above help me solve this problem by getting rid of that damn 10.1.1.1 IP address for everyone and actually replacing with their own IP so I can ban them for good?

Deleted User
June 20, 2005, 8:56 am
Its called dynamic IP...

Ban their subnet

*waits for "wats a subnet" question*

influx
June 20, 2005, 11:01 am
Its called dynamic IP...

I don't think you understand, they don't join back after a period of time but after a second or two.

And how am I supposed to ban their subnet...?

If you are suggesting to ban the first three set of numbers then you are mistaken as EVERYONE that joins has a request of 10.1.1.1, banning them will ban everyone.

FliesLikeABrick
June 20, 2005, 12:59 pm
let me see what the port forwarding tab looks like... you need that in order to set up a server properly

influx
June 20, 2005, 4:17 pm
I'm pretty sure everything here is set up correctly since the server actually works, takes a while to fully register in the lobby sometimes, the router must have something wrongly configured, but what is the thing I'm stumped about. Have a look at the Firewall Configuration screenshots up this page as well if it helps at all.

[IMAGE]

thelizno
July 2, 2005, 5:58 am
I wanna see what's behind NAT.. :P
On my router/modem you set up portforwarding.. for all computers except for the 'NAT'.
Which gets all other requests on ports that has not been forwarded.
Therefore, if you consider your firewall up-to-date and antivirus installed properly i suggest you make your soldatserver NAT.

Unlucky 13
July 2, 2005, 9:59 am
This is kind of an old topic (I didn't necro it, don't hurt me!), but it looks as if the problem has not been solved. Try setting up a Gaming DMZ... thing for Soldat (Sorry if I'm wrong, I remember something like this before). I remember something like DMZ helping people that use a router to split the connection play games. Try it, but if I am incorrect I apologize.