( search forums )
some small changes
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Nukem
June 17, 2005, 8:11 pm
my list of small things that should be changed. i thought about all of them for some time. im playing a lot of cw's btw, so most of the idea are for better competitive play. i know that some points have already been mentioned.

sounds:
- the sounds for events like "the flag has been taken" and so on shouldnt be only played when u are near the action.
- better hitsounds (different for each body part and the hits u do on opponents should hearable over longer distances.

specs:
- freecam
- team specs (specs that can only follow palyers of 1 team. would help a lot in clanwars, cause often specs arent allowed because they could help their team)

spawn:
- when the map begins ppl should have their normal respawn. these few seconds would allow to select weapons and still start the same time as everyone else. and it would fuss the bug when ppl have to wait longer to come in after a mapchange.

timer:
- the time should be synchronous
- the time should be displayed in the hud, not onnly after pressing f1

demos:
- an autodemo cycle with like 3-4 temporary demos.
- demo control (like jump to xx and so on)

selfkill:
- -1 frags (its simply more fair. especially fundamental for 1on1)

statsitcs:
- just like this: http://www.orangesmoothie.org/screens/shot0032.jpg

Deleted User
June 17, 2005, 10:50 pm
sounds all good..
i hope MM implents this.

Keron Cyst
June 18, 2005, 1:54 am
Hate selfkill idea; almost all suicides are accidental (e.g. some idiotic teammate steps in front of you when you fire your LAW; didn't see him since you were concentrating aiming).

Do you think Michal doesn't want synchronized time? It's server ping's fault. That can never be changed (join servers closer to where you live if you want synchronized time).

Deleted User
June 18, 2005, 3:32 am
the sounds u can fix urself by simply editing the sound of it. then u can make it from "dong" to "the flag has bet taken. move ur arse and get it back"
Freecam, yes mentioned before, wold be ausome.
team specs...?
selfkill: I dont know what ur talking about

Deleted User
June 18, 2005, 4:14 am
Do you mean that you get a kill point for every time you suicide? Because if that's what you mean then that's retarded. People in DM would just /kill over and over again to win.

Most of your other ideas have been suggested before, like the freecam idea and the synchronous time(I think it's been suggested, not too sure now).

Could you explain what you mean by cycling auto-demos? I'm not too sure what you mean by that

Keron Cyst
June 18, 2005, 7:27 am
Oh, oh! I thought he meant -1 points for suicide :-P Still, +1 for suicide is no better; even worse, actually.

Nukem
June 18, 2005, 11:02 am
the - 1 frag thing is not clear and thats my fault. what i mean of course is: when u kill yourself your score decreases by 1. so u lose 1 frag. in 1on1 games, ppl tend to kill themselves because they dont want to give their opponent teh frag. this is plain unfair and handeled with -1 frags in every shooter...
btw: how can u think that i meant +1, that would be just stupid.

>>Could you explain what you mean by cycling auto-demos? I'm not too sure what you mean by that

instead of the 1 autodemo file we have atm, the game would use 3-4 different files to save the autodemo temporary. so if u forget to save a demo ingame, u would still have the chance to get it afterwards.

i thought the team spec thing would be clear. a team spec would just be able to follow palyers of 1 team. the idea behind it is to eneble ppl to spectate clanwars without complains of the other team (becaue specs can talk via ts2 and give their team an unfair advantage)

>>the sounds u can fix urself by simply editing the sound of it. then u can make it from "dong" to "the flag has bet taken. move ur arse and get it back"

u didnt quite get the point. when u are far away, the sound isnt played. thats the problem

p.s.: one thing i learned in this thread: no matter how often u tell ppl that u have thought about the ideas, they still will belive u are an idiot -.-

Deleted User
June 18, 2005, 11:35 am
well, I dont know about the selfkill Idea. sometimes I just tend to land on my own grenade EVEN if I see it go off on the ground. I just walk and without explotion or sound, Im killed by myself. so I dont think 1- is a good Idea. :P