( search forums )
Default.txt hates me.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Rambo_6
June 17, 2005, 9:40 pm
Whenever i edit Default.txt in the Txt folder, my soldat messes up (all the texts are rearranged to jibberish. (ie where it should say Maps it says Bots instead.)

I asked Zero72 to modify his default.txt and test it out to make sure it worked. It worked for him. But after he sent it to me, it still didn't work. Is there something i'm doing wrong? (is the file in the wrong format or something.?)

SERIAL KILLeR
June 17, 2005, 11:22 pm
try using an other text editor

Keron Cyst
June 18, 2005, 1:52 am
Same here exactly. I thought that was done purposely to prevent from hacking, tho' I don't know how it would be used for an advantage :-P Yeah, I'd really like to be able to get the same help as Rambo_6 is requesting...

Unlucky 13
June 18, 2005, 7:33 am
I have exactly the same problem, and I think it has something to do with the size of a line.
I don't know why it works for one and not for the other though.

Keron Cyst
June 18, 2005, 8:32 am
Can you give an example? What exactly did you change?

Rambo_6
June 18, 2005, 4:51 pm
I tried using one from a mod i made a while ago, and it worked. Has soldat gotten pickier?

Btw, i tried opening/saving the file in as many different ways as i could. No change.

SERIAL KILLeR
June 18, 2005, 7:55 pm
It doesnt work with some texteditors for some people. Even if you just open it and save it, it wont work anymore.
I had the same problems with some editors but now they all seem to work for me?!?

EDIT should most likely work. (open it with Start --> run --> CMD --> "edit" --> [ENTER])

But! you have to start with a working file to edit because if you saved it before with an other tttext editor it will still be screwed up if you use EDIT.

Rambo_6
June 20, 2005, 12:30 am
What does 'edit" do when you type in in commandprompt?

Deleted User
June 20, 2005, 2:58 am
Opens up a plain-text editor on older versions of Windows.

Zero72
June 20, 2005, 5:15 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystCan you give an example? What exactly did you change?
"Hat" into "Beret," for one. Little things like that. It worked fine on my end, but it screwed his up when he tried to use the exact same file.