( search forums )
Low FPS! Help :(
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
June 18, 2005, 10:12 pm
you guys........ Today I opend my PC....like every other day and started playing..well..soldat ;)... well I found out that in external games [which I connect to a game] my FPS [Regardless to my ping! Even if ping is 40 or less!] is around 15 ~ 20 [best I got was..35] and in my own game my FPS is around 50...
Well my normal FPS Was : 250++++++++++++..........so we're talking about a drop of 230 FPS +/-.

Now here comes the wierd part........ If some of you know there's a game called "Enemy Territory" Which is most likley a LOT heavyer then Soldat ;), and my FPS rate there is around 130......which is as smooth as it gets.....

What I try'd to do in order to fix my wierd problem:
Reinstalling soldat - Failed.
Tweaking every possible option in soldat in every possible combination - Failed.
Restarting my PC - Failed.

Please someone help me out here :( Tomorrow I got an very important League Game! :E.

Best Regards and Thanks for Advance,

-Jo.

Deleted User
June 18, 2005, 11:59 pm
Try setting Soldat's graphics options to a minimum, such as bot seeing quality, filtering options, etc. and make sure that Video Compatibility/Force Software mode is unchecked.

Deleted User
June 19, 2005, 3:18 pm
why people's doesn't read =/ I try'd ALL configuration options possible, lowest graphic, un/checked video compitabilty / force software

so nobody has a clue? :/

Deleted User
June 19, 2005, 8:08 pm
... First, Why don't you read? You haven't posted your system specs as the rules clearly state, so you're lucky I decided to even approve your post. Second, without your system specs, all I could do is make sure you went over the basic Soldat settings.

Post your system specs, try upgrading (or downgrading) your video card drivers, and try to remember if you've made any system changes recently (such as new software installations or system setting changes).

Deleted User
June 20, 2005, 1:10 pm
ok here's my system specs(to the very little ditails....):

CPU P4- 3100MHz
RAM - 512MB DDR Dual 400Mhz
Videocard - ATI Radeon 9200SE
Soundcard - AC97 8CHs OnBoard
Storage - Western Digital 80GB
Motherboard - Gigabyte Dual-DDR 865PE
Display - SyncMaster 753DFX (Samsumg)
OS - WinXP Pro SP2.

Good enough? my usual FPS as mentioned used to be 250 ~ 300 in NOT full screen, and now its down to 20+/-. depends on the map.
I have NOT changed any option on my video card, nor on my soldat options, I reinstalled drivers for my Video card, and reinstalled Soldat.....
The WIERDEST thing here is that when I play Enemy Territory which is a LOT Heavyer game then Soldat my FPS is 125+... :/.

BManx2000
June 20, 2005, 10:48 pm
Considering all that you said, the only thing I can think of is spyware. But that's odd, because you said you can play other games just fine. Also, sometimes new drivers mess up soldat, so if you downloaded any new ones, maybe roll them back. If you didn't download any new ones, I'm out of ideas.

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 6:32 am
First of all, Download Spybot - Search and Destroy and perform a system check to make sure your PC is free of Spyware.

Then, I highly suggest you defragment the driver that Soldat is installed on. This may cause some detriment to your FPS, especially if your drive is heavily used.

Download Driver Cleaner and ensure that you can install it successfuly. Uninstall your drivers, use Driver Cleaner to fully uninstall them (as old components are left behind, this can cause a FPS issue with several installs of newer/same versions).

Install your video drivers and ensure that dual-video display is disabled and turn off ATI's Hydravision/ATI Tools services through your video card config. Sometimes these can be re-enabled by the video card software and causes more problems than it solves.

If you still have an issue, I suggest you try performing a System Restore prior to the date of the issue in order to determine whether its a system change or not.

Thanks for your co-operation.

palloco
June 21, 2005, 12:00 pm
Change your CPU cooling. You are suffering Thermal Throttling. That happens when you use intel Prescott in summer. AMDs dont suffer this problem

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 12:54 pm
I have try'd most likley every possible thing, I would like to thank you all for trying to help, But it seems the only solution here is reformating.......no spyware were found in any anti-spyware program, no viruses found, no hardware problems [I even cleaned it up from dust today.. never seen computer working so smoothly before]
Anyhow, main point - thanks.....even though we didn't manage to fix it without formatting.

Edit: By the way Palloco you are totaly wrong lol my CPU fan is perfectly fine, as I mentioned if you would read, all my other programs and games working as smooth as it gets, god I hate repeating things for people who don't read.

purity666
July 12, 2005, 3:36 pm
TONIGHT I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION!. It may sound odd but it works!. I was testing a program like fraps called "taksi". You run it and go into soldat. Wow 100fps and no more lock. No need to run it anymore just once. Its weird but it worked for me.