( search forums )
Server doesn't run
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Deleted User
June 18, 2005, 11:27 pm
I'm not new to Soldat, I have been playing for a while, but I'm new to running a server. I have the Soldat Dedicated Server program, I set it up to everything I wanted it to be, I even put it on internet because I know thats how to get it to work. Heres the problem. It registeres in the lobby as an active server, but you can't connect at all. I can't even connect and I'm running it. So I turn to eveyrone here who runs servers and helps others for help.

EDIT: I use DSL but I run a Wirless Routter to connect to the internet if that means anything.

Thanks

{103rdATF}wurstEnemy13

Deleted User
June 18, 2005, 11:54 pm
what brand is your router?

If it's a linksys, type 192.186.1.1 in your browser. Leave the username blank and type "admin" (w/out quotes) as the password. Then go to applications and gaming. Type "soldat" (w/out quotes) under application, "23073" (w/out quotes) under start, and "23083" (w/out quotes) under end. For Protocol, choose both. To find the IP address go to Start>Control Panel>Network Connections, and click on wireless network. At the left under details, it should give you the IP address that you should use. Type that in under IP address, and check off enable.

scroll down and choose "save settings"

Even if you don't have a linksys router, it should be something like that.

influx
June 19, 2005, 3:39 am
If your IP address is 192.186.1.1 then to connect to your own server try connecting like this:

IP Address: 192.168.1.1
Port: 23073 (default)

Once you open up the ports stated in the above post you should have people being able to join your server.

mickle89
June 19, 2005, 5:01 am
Are you on a home network...you have to type in YOUR computer's IP...It will be a shorter one than the long Router IP.

Deleted User
June 19, 2005, 6:51 pm
I'm using a linksys wirelessG 2.4 router and no nothing about it at all, except that it is keeping me from running a server. So can someone give me step-by-step laments directions on fixing my problem thanks.

wurst

EDIT: didn't see the first guys post, so I'm gunna go and try that.

Deleted User
June 19, 2005, 6:54 pm
wait, my internet browser? cause that doesn't work I get an MSN search

Deleted User
June 20, 2005, 2:38 am
sorry, i typed it in wrong.

type 192.168.1.1

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 11:06 pm
thanks man, can I get a S.S. to make sure I did it right?

thanks

wurst

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 11:07 pm
admin password didn't work

n00bface
June 21, 2005, 11:30 pm
quote:admin password didn't work
Do you mean for the login to the router? If so, it is always case sensitive.
You can use the list here to find the default password for your router (Ctrl+F and do a search for your model number) and see if that will work.

Also, instead of posting twice in a row, you should use the [IMAGE]Edit function to add on to your post.

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 11:51 pm
ty I hope it works

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 11:53 pm
none of them worked

n00bface
June 22, 2005, 12:13 am
Ok, once again: Instead of double posting, you should use the Edit function in order to keep the topic tidy.

I'm not familiar with your exact router model, but usually around the area where the power cable connects to it there is a "reset" button that you can push in. That will reset everything on the router, including the password.

Deleted User
June 22, 2005, 12:32 am
will it change it to admin, mines a Linksys Wire-less-G Broadband Router, and I know about editing, but I made the post, theres no point.

Didn't work even resetting it, someone with this style router pelase help me.

n00bface
June 22, 2005, 12:52 am
It will change it to the default for your router, hopefully it would have been either

User: admin Password: [blank]
User: Administrator Password: admin
User: [blank] Password: admin
User: n/a Password: admin

or a combination of them. Remember that they are case sensitive. But I didn't see your exact model there anyways, so chances are none of those work (as you've said.) Didn't your router come with a manual? The default password should always come in the manual.

Also, your model "WirelessG 2.4" isn't showing up on the Linksys site and I'm not getting a definite search result using Google. If you give me the exact model number of your router, I can get the manual for it and give you the user/pass combo to use.

Deleted User
July 6, 2005, 2:28 am
Hey, thanks for all the help but I got a guy from my clan to help me. He suggested trying different thing other than admin and reseting it. It turns out it was a name. Thanks for all the help anyway n00bface it was appreciated, and to the other guy who told me how to get the server running once I got in there.

wurst

Deleted User
July 6, 2005, 7:51 pm
just so you know, if you unplug the power for the router for a minute or two, everything will reset (or atleast mine does).