( search forums )
C&C Renegade mod
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Darkfist007
June 19, 2005, 3:34 am
Ive been working on moding soldat to be C&C Renegade. I have just recently finished it. The only major thing I didnt change are the soldats themselfs.

[IMAGE]
That shows the interface and the guns, keep in mind you have a choice of the personal ion cannon or the rail gun.
::NOTE::
I did not draw the guns, so stop telling me I drew them wrong. I cut them out of the game and resized them to be the proper size for soldat. I spent 20 min on each gun to get them resized properly, I didn't change them at all.
[IMAGE]
That just shows the powerups and what not.
I'll email the mod that hosts mods tonight and hopefuly it will get hosted soon after. I hope you enjoy the mod, I spent a while on it, I got a friend of mine to do some gltch checking for it.
Yes the tiberium saw and tiberium knife are basicly the same images as the orriginal soldat ones but with a diffrent colour, I decided they were good enough so I'll just change it a bit to fit what they are.

The download is the final version.
D/L:
www.turrino.com/soldat/rendat.zip

Maxx
June 19, 2005, 3:55 am
The weapons look really.....pale, and thus, look like you put no shading on them at all.

The power-ups look GREAT tho.

Darkfist007
June 19, 2005, 4:06 am
quote:Originally posted by MaxxThe weapons look really.....pale, and thus, look like you put no shading on them at all.

The power-ups look GREAT tho.

I cut them straight out of renegade and resized them, I had to increase the gamma a bit for some of them, that may be why.
Thanks.

Rambo_6
June 19, 2005, 4:26 am
Looks a bit sloppy in terms of menu guns... I like the cursor, and the gun emplacement though.

damnnation
June 19, 2005, 10:15 am
looks ok but i don't like it, and animated signatures are not allowed

Darkfist007
June 19, 2005, 3:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by damnnationlooks ok but i don't like it, and animated signatures are not allowed

Oh, I joined up for this forum a long time ago, read all the rules then didnt post for a few months so Ive forgoten most of them. >.< oops sry.

caliber
June 19, 2005, 3:52 pm
OUTLINE, OUT LINE AND OUTLINE!! + shading lol

Darkfist007
June 19, 2005, 4:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by caliberOUTLINE, OUT LINE AND OUTLINE!! + shading lol

As I said previously, they are excatly as they are in renegade, I did not draw them, I did not shade them, they are exactly like they are in the game, just resized.

caliber
June 19, 2005, 5:36 pm
And therefore you can edit them with with Microsoft Paint and Outline them!!

Darkfist007
June 19, 2005, 5:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by caliberAnd therefore you can edit them with with Microsoft Paint and Outline them!!

Why, are you too blind to see some pics on a semi transparent background? None of my friends have troubles with the menu, they say its good, but the in game I need to work on for a gun or 2.

Deleted User
June 19, 2005, 6:32 pm
Nice I like it coz its in C&C style , good work.
I like the crossair and interface is kewl.

I like powerups too , sweet ^^

Darkfist007
June 19, 2005, 6:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by DairyNice I like it coz its in C&C style , good work.
I like the crossair and interface is kewl.

I like powerups too , sweet ^^

I forgot to show the flame power up on that. It just the radar icon for a flame troop. >.<
Rarw the person that host files want able to get my email, so it may be a while before it gets linked, I may have to use u13.

caliber
June 19, 2005, 10:26 pm
No, the interface weapons just look bleh...

Zero72
June 19, 2005, 10:47 pm
I'm gonna have to agree that the interface guns look poor. I resized existing images for my Goldeneye mod too, and... yeah, you want outlines on them. They'll look much better.

I'll probably check the rest of the mod out anyway, but really, it'd look much more professional if you gave them decent black outlines instead of fuzzy white ones.

Deleted User
June 19, 2005, 10:47 pm
Where can I download the mod?

Darkfist007
June 19, 2005, 11:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by HugokuWhere can I download the mod?

It should have been hosted last night but Im running into some problems with hosting.

Meandor
June 20, 2005, 12:36 am
Added download.

EXR3dn3ck
June 20, 2005, 1:01 am
umm, i like the mod but it is based on more of gdi than nod, nod is cool, so is there gonna be like another version for the nod lovers

Darkfist007
June 20, 2005, 1:38 am
quote:Originally posted by EXR3dn3ckumm, i like the mod but it is based on more of gdi than nod, nod is cool, so is there gonna be like another version for the nod lovers

The weapons were picked not for sides but for matching fire rates and powers. I will be releasing some soldats when I get them done.

Thanks for the dl link but I sent you 2 emails because the first email I sent you didnt have all the files, I had accidently saved the files in the wrong place, I'll probably ask for hosting of the other one soon, I still have some things to work out. Sry about all the confusion.

Deleted User
June 20, 2005, 3:07 am
Do a search on the forums for m00's file uploader, its quick and its easy.

Also, I love how you put no effort into resizing the pictures and planting them into the Soldat directory. Maybe try what countless others have suggested and add some shading, an outline for each gun, and work on the interface a bit. It's arranged nicely, but the graphics are very poor and I know for a fact that that is not how C&C Renegade looks.

SPARTAN_III
June 20, 2005, 10:14 am
if you cant be bothered, its [URL]

interface weapons need outlining, i dont care if it takes away the near-perfectness to the actual game.

EDIT: chainsaw not modded :/

Darkfist007
June 20, 2005, 2:55 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIif you cant be bothered, its [URL]

interface weapons need outlining, i dont care if it takes away the near-perfectness to the actual game.

EDIT: chainsaw not modded :/

In the read me it says that, and the knife in game is just the orriginal knife but green.

mickle89
June 20, 2005, 3:01 pm
My honest opinion: Good try. I HATE the weapons menu and the arrangement of the interface. Sorry. I love the powerups though. You should totally remake the weapons instead of resizing. Even though the guns are REALISTIC it makes them look crappy.

Deleted User
June 20, 2005, 5:56 pm
the guns look... kinda sloppy. but as mickle said, good try.

caliber
June 22, 2005, 10:36 pm
See how everyone disagrees with you on the Weapons Menu, darkfist? You really should outline them. The shotgun looks like a squirt gun and the interface waepons are so light looking. If you outline them, trust me it will look WAY WAY Better.

Darkfist007
June 23, 2005, 12:13 am
quote:Originally posted by caliberSee how everyone disagrees with you on the Weapons Menu, darkfist? You really should outline them. The shotgun looks like a squirt gun and the interface waepons are so light looking. If you outline them, trust me it will look WAY WAY Better.

Done. I dont see the point of it though, whatever. The guns are light because some of guns in the game are a light colour. I changed the ramjets image because the old one pisses me off, its so bad. I found it funny though that you were telling me to outline, when your old avi was the most poorly done gif I have seen, outlining wise.

Darkfist007
June 24, 2005, 7:31 pm
Ok the hosted zip is the final version. I did the outlines and what not. Fyi install it into a clean soldat folder for it to work the best.