( search forums )
chat thingy
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
The @venger
June 19, 2005, 9:32 pm
there is something very irritating with the chat in soldat:
when u write a long message in the chat it will just continue out of the screen, not continuing on the line under.
will be like:
bla bla bla bla blaaaaaaaa-I
I
I<-----end of screen
does that happen to u?

Deleted User
June 20, 2005, 2:35 am
That's normal.

Deleted User
June 20, 2005, 2:36 am
er...just continue the message

Vijchtidoodah
June 20, 2005, 2:59 am
Actually, this would probably be a really easy fix for michal. Please? :'(

Keron Cyst
June 20, 2005, 4:44 am
People could spam with it and shove off the top of the screen useful team chat advice (e.g. EFC escaping top, then YOUSUCKYOUSUCKYOUSUCKYOUSUCKYOUSUCKYOUSUCKYOUSUCKYOUSUCKX10).

Green Barret
June 20, 2005, 8:23 am
Keron Cyst, nice spamming yourself.

Onto topic, I support this idea. However, I fear someone might spam the chat menu. But it's possible already(press / then press space then enter) so this idea would have more pros than cons.

Unlucky 13
June 20, 2005, 9:21 am
quote:Originally posted by Green BarretKeron Cyst, nice spamming yourself.

That wasn't spam. That was opinion, and had some use to it.
I'd like it, but maybe there should be a limit to lines per one thing, yet you can already do that Cyst, space and enter are such buggers sometimes.

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 2:14 pm
Im for this idea. Coz I hate when Im writing something long and after pushing Enter I see that there is only one half of my all text :\

The @venger
June 21, 2005, 2:43 pm
thats what i mean, it really freaks me out, alot of writing just to find out that i have to write half of it again...

zyxstand
June 22, 2005, 9:48 pm
i say NO (sry) - i think one line of typing is more than enough for anyone - and if you feel that you need to talk more than that then people should not care to read super-long messages (you're prolly just spamming anyways!)

Judge_Man
June 22, 2005, 9:49 pm
Great idea. Support it. I too hate it to re-writte half the thing I just wrotte.

And hmmmm.... EDIT button exist, double post is bad, it makes people angry so think about triple post. tsk tsk.

Liber_Lupus
June 22, 2005, 11:50 pm
Make two lines instead of one. That would be enough.

Deleted User
June 23, 2005, 1:08 am
dude.. dont TRIPLE POST use the edit button.
and yea I support this a 100%. I often was annoyed by the text going off screen.

zyxstand
June 23, 2005, 1:29 am
why would you EVER need to type so much AT ONCE in soldat? either you wanna spam, or you want to have a conversation - and to have a conv, use a chat-program (x-fire, with in game chattablility now!)...don waste other people's time and make them have to read your two lines of unimportantness (to them).

Keron Cyst
June 23, 2005, 6:36 am
quote:Originally posted by Green BarretKeron Cyst, nice spamming yourself....
Holy crap. Did you even read my post? That was an example of what a spammer would do if this suggestion was implemented.

The @venger
June 23, 2005, 11:14 am
sry for triple posting, i'm kinda newbie on forum, so i didnt know there was a edit button... (where?????)

Deleted User
June 23, 2005, 4:07 pm
3.d button to the right above your text.

Meandor
June 23, 2005, 8:01 pm
Since it seems some think it is 'spamming' to write more than 1 line, and the text being cut off is actually annoying, the simplest solution would be fixing the amount of characters that you can type in at first. It's also simpler.
PS. there's a flood kick for spammers. And such things don't happen in cw's usually. Unless you're playing with spelunkers or something..

Judge_Man
June 24, 2005, 5:37 am
quote:Originally posted by The @vengersry for triple posting, i'm kinda newbie on forum, so i didnt know there was a edit button... (where?????)

The little icon with a pencil on it just over your message

Meandor
June 24, 2005, 12:42 pm
No need to remark that to him again when someone did already and after I fixed the triple post. It doesn't help.