( search forums )
Host Lookup Canceled.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
June 20, 2005, 1:22 am
Anytime I try joining a server, a popup appears saying 'Host Lookup Canceled'. I tried reinstalling, nothing. Sorry if this has been answered before, search didn't come up with any results.

*Bump*

i am ahab
June 20, 2005, 10:48 pm
do you have....
both the selfkill and lobby.soldat.pl servers in the lobby servert.txt file?
if so...
try pinging them from the command prompt. if you can then get back to the thread. if you cant then you may be firewalled or something is blocking all traffic to those sites, its not just soldat playing silly monkies.

damnnation
June 21, 2005, 4:21 pm
it's just ur Internet connection (mostly) no worries, i have it a lot

Deleted User
June 22, 2005, 4:06 am
But I havn't been able to join any servers at all. I guess it could be the firewall, but I can't figure out how to turn off Norton Internet Security. ;(

Unlucky 13
June 22, 2005, 7:08 am
Last time this happened was when Soldat wasn't allowwed connection thru UDP on my firewall. Make sure the firewall allows Soldat to get b oth TCP and UDP packets through

Michal Marcinkowski
June 23, 2005, 11:07 pm
This happens when no internet connection can be found. Might be a firewall/router problem.

SPARTAN_III
June 27, 2005, 11:45 am
slightly off topic, i have zone alarm and how can i open the ports or whatever it is i have to do?

Deleted User
June 28, 2005, 4:28 am
to turn of norton you go to the right side of the start bar...then right-click on the norton symbol and it should say something like quiting or shutting down norton