( search forums )
ammunition idea
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
SPARTAN_III
June 20, 2005, 12:11 pm
i was thnking, what if we had different types of ammo for our guns, each with different strengths and weaknesses. some ideas i have are:

JHP-Jacketed Hollow Point-High damage, but low armour penetration
FMJ-Full Metal Jacket-Provides better armour penetration but less damage than JHP

if you have any other ideas tell me and i'll add them, if they are SENSIBLE, no posting (Please refrain from swearing) like chipmunks as ammo or else i'll........(thinks of something involving kerosene and gardeing shears)

Meandor
June 21, 2005, 2:54 pm
Damage/distance ones would be more useful. The vest isn't very common..

SPARTAN_III
June 21, 2005, 3:32 pm
perhaps then the vest could be made more common? such as instead of it beinga powerup, it cold fall into the health pickup category?

Michal
June 21, 2005, 3:34 pm
Interesting suggestion...
Hollow point bullets aren't actually (supposed to be) allowed in military weapons, but oh well ;p
As Meandor said, Damage/distance ones would be more useful. Hollow points should have a shorter range since the blunt tip increases air resistance, and of course they should result in more damage due to fragmentation. I'd say it balances it out.
I think FMJ is what we are using now so the JHP would just have lower range and more damage than the current stats.
Maybe another bullet type could be Incendiary: It would have a higher visibility, it would not be affected by gravity, but would have low damage and would burn up after a certain distance. Maybe it would be able to set players on fire after multiple hits :P
I'm thinking the bullet type could just be selected on the weapons menu.

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 3:49 pm
uranium core metal slugger bullets with plutonium explosive warhead and packed full of cemical gases.
ehe.. I dont know, wouldnt fit to soldat.

Goofy_92
June 21, 2005, 3:54 pm
A question: How would it be done? And of course, how do you change the bullets? e.g. Get them from a box, or press a key.

Avarax
June 21, 2005, 3:57 pm
no, just no...

i'd (for real) support the idea of vehicels MORE than this

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 4:17 pm
I don't like this. It makes Soldat too realistic.

What we need is destroyable scenery.

Keron Cyst
June 21, 2005, 4:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIperhaps then the vest could be made more common? such as instead of it beinga powerup, it cold fall into the health pickup category?

If it was weakened slightly, I'd definitely support this. The thread's original idea isn't bad, but it'd make spawning at the beginning of a match (to say the least; try choosing different ones during mid-game respawns) slow & tedious. Soldat's too fast-paced for it :-/ Furthermore, your ideas would only apply to autos, and I don't think anything can substitute for most other weapons' ammo; I'm perfectly fine with the shotgun's current ammo type, & the sniper rifle's.

Zero72
June 21, 2005, 5:06 pm
Ugh. Why does everybody want to make Soldat so damn complicated?

Keron Cyst
June 22, 2005, 12:31 am
*lol* 'Cuz it's too awesome and we want to be part of the fame by adding in supposedly "cool" ideas B-) You gotta admit, tho'; some of those suggestions actually are pretty novel (like jets staying on after death)...

xD

Deleted User
June 22, 2005, 12:49 am
quote:Originally posted by Avaraxno, just no...

I'm gonna hunt down everyone who put's no...just no, or no.....just don't, o yes and i support the idea for vehicles too :D

numgun
June 25, 2005, 8:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by Avaraxno, just no...

I support both!!! >XD

Raptor
June 26, 2005, 1:53 am
I love the idea of vehicles, but not this one

thelizno
June 27, 2005, 1:52 am
quote:Originally posted by KamikaziCowI don't like this. It makes Soldat too realistic.

What we need is destroyable scenery.

.... that would be awesome actually. :)
Does this has it's on topic or what? *browses*

Captain Ben
June 27, 2005, 3:38 am
I want bullets that eat you from the inside!
Not chipmunks, maybe a species of bat? That would be really cool.

Keron Cyst
June 27, 2005, 4:48 am
quote:Originally posted by RaptorI love the idea of vehicles...
How would it function? Tell me that first, as the soldaten don't rotate according to the angle of a polygon (in other words, the front part would be partially buried into the ground if it was going uphill). And how would it turn around & stuff? It's impossible!! :-P

thelizno
June 27, 2005, 5:15 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by RaptorI love the idea of vehicles...
How would it function? Tell me that first, as the soldaten don't rotate according to the angle of a polygon (in other words, the front part would be partially buried into the ground if it was going uphill). And how would it turn around & stuff? It's impossible!! :-P

Have you played Metal Slug by any chance?
... that's one way to handle vehicles in 2d.

karmazon
June 27, 2005, 5:21 am
but in metal slug you always go right
i just cant believe so many people support the idea of vehicles
but guess what
IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN HAHAHA

thelizno
June 27, 2005, 5:34 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonbut in metal slug you always go right
i just cant believe so many people support the idea of vehicles
but guess what
IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN HAHAHA

... i see your point. (and i'm not supporting it...)

Captain Ben
June 27, 2005, 5:42 am
Who said it had to turn around? Reverse left, go forward right... BAHAHAHAHA!!

Anywho, what about an Alien bullet? You hit your opponent with it, and two seconds later, an alien bursts out of their chest and does your bidding!

SPARTAN_III
June 27, 2005, 11:52 am
i SAID no RETARDED IDEAS!

an about the whole "how do you chose" thing, maybe when you chose a certain weapon, then a submenu pops up with the ammo types.

Keron Cyst
June 27, 2005, 7:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_III... about the whole "how do you chose" thing, maybe when you chose a certain weapon, then a submenu pops up with the ammo types.
But then you'd die while you're deciding, and then the weapon menu'd disappear when you die, and you'd keep dying while you're frantically clicking around... xP No respawning until weapon is chosen, I say! I've already suggested that many times...

Captain Ben
June 28, 2005, 2:50 am
Oh my GOD! Keron Cyst's xP isn't beige!
Perhaps only as a pickup, this would work? Like depending on what gun you have, you can get custom ammo. E.g. Ak 74 gets hollow bullets, barrets get alienating gun, etc.

SPARTAN_III
June 28, 2005, 3:48 pm
or perhaps in the player menu, you choose your preferred ammo

Keron Cyst
June 28, 2005, 4:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenOh my GOD! Keron Cyst's xP isn't beige!...
Uh... none of my smilies are... :-/ And what's an "alienating gun?"

And @SPARTAN_III: we've already discussed that unless touches be made to Soldat so that soldaten don't respawn until they choose weapons, all the selection could keep getting you killed :-P

im Spicy
June 28, 2005, 5:03 pm
bullets that expode on impact like the pistol from halo 1 would make a good power up or option.

Keron Cyst
June 28, 2005, 5:35 pm
That's a pretty really interesting idea, HE bullets. If the projectiles were heavier and drifted down more, I'd love that as a power-up (tiny, non-lethal explosions for autos, shotgun, & 'Minigun; grenade explosion for the pistols & the rifles; double-explosion for GL & RL :-D). Suicide explosion for Chainsaw! B-)

[/off-topic]

im Spicy
June 29, 2005, 12:16 am
u took that farther than i expected. but thats allright

Deleted User
June 29, 2005, 12:37 am
on the how to select bit..how about this.
everyone starts with the standard bullet for their weapons, and then guns with the different sorts of bullets appear near bases. Kinda like medkits or grenade boxes, but u get a whole weapon instead of just the ammo. Cus if u just got ammo boxxes, you would have to worry about a system of switching between the bullets u picked up and the bullets you start with. Also, maybe the types of different bullets can be limited, with the regular bullets in use right now being unlimited.

Keron Cyst
June 29, 2005, 2:38 am
Limited? Nah, unlimited! I was also thinking just one or the other, no switching between weapons (that'd let you use a completely second weapon, too).

Zegovia
June 29, 2005, 11:34 pm
Depleted uranium rounds for the barret (not that i am a fan of it..) would be a must have in that case, awesome penetration (more damage is not needed!)but the shot will have a more angled course....(sorry couldnt formulate myself better :/)

Berserker
June 29, 2005, 11:49 pm
HP(Hollow Point)ammo should not fit into automatic weapons(like real life). The only weapon that could chamber a HP would be the ruger 77.
Most automatic rifles use FMJ already but you could add FMJBT(Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail)for accuracy.You could add light explosive rounds for the 12ga spas-12.

Captain Ben
June 30, 2005, 4:06 am
What is the point of wasting programming time and MBs for this? I would like vehicles more than this.

Jamesmax0
June 30, 2005, 5:52 am
^what he said^ that and it would also make n00bs cry out in agony because there is one more thing to learn

SPARTAN_III
June 30, 2005, 10:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenWhat is the point of wasting programming time and MBs for this? I would like vehicles more than this.

i know you only said that because i said it in your retarded coaster mode topic. and keron, you wouldn't die, because you're not playing the game! its in the same menu where you set your name & etc.

and to all the n00b who cry because of one more hing to learn, if this gets added:

READ THE (Please refrain from swearing)ING MANUAL!!

it solves every problem.