( search forums )
Spy power-up
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
June 21, 2005, 5:27 am
To the mod: I used search and found nothing.

For those lazy-bumps:
It's a power.up that will make you a "spy", taking the appearance of your enemy!

More detailed:
1) For team games only!
2) I'd say for 15 secs only, but we should all decide on that.
3) Each color enemy sees you in his own color (if you're red, then blue see's you as blue, etc.).
4) Your own team will see you flash the differnet colors possible (ctf and inf in red and blue, team d.m in the 4 colors) with rather fast blink-rate.
5) If another person has that spy capability (if it's possible*), then you will see him in his real color, and you won't know that he's really a spy.
6) You can read what your enemies type in team chat, and you can still type team to your own team only.**
7) You can still kill your actual enemies.**
8) Also, your F1-menu color should change just like your shirt color (if you're red, blue sees you as blue, etc., and your team sees your name changing colors!
* Read my other post on new power-up gain-method.
** Careful, if you're caught, then they might know your a spy!

More suggestion/enhancment most definitely welcome!

Meandor
June 21, 2005, 2:51 pm
Someone's been playing too much ET.

Deleted User
June 21, 2005, 3:52 pm
would be annoying. very annoying. noobs will think its a game full of teamkillers.
I dont support it, unless its a VERY rare pickup, that dissapear 5 secs after it has been dropped :P

Keron Cyst
June 21, 2005, 4:17 pm
Michal would have to redo the Kill List programming (it's static; I don't think he can get it to falsely change just like that).

zyxstand
June 21, 2005, 8:36 pm
lol, never heard of ET...and i did think that it would be kinda tricky to change colors since, as you said, it's rather static and not easily editable...
and don play on a noob server if ppl there think that they're t.k

Deleted User
June 22, 2005, 12:52 am
lol nice idea.....actually a ver very good one indeed 0_0

Deleted User
June 22, 2005, 12:28 pm
I don't know if it fit to soldat, but I like it much ^^
Could be fun kill a confused enemys :D

Goofy_92
June 22, 2005, 12:33 pm
Yeah, it's just too ET. But it would be nice to see it.

Mini Man
June 22, 2005, 3:53 pm
Kind of sounds like Command and Conquer ;)
Yea..but can you imagine that powerup on a FF on server?, everyone would just blast there teammates to bits claiming they thought he was a spy :)
Good idea...might work, i for one wouldnt use it as i dont play with power-ups.

orkane@school
June 23, 2005, 12:06 am
hey thats a great idea but the n00b aspect will llet u down... but still nice idea