( search forums )
Soldat: Militias Reborn [ 1.0 ] [Download now!]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Rambo_6
June 22, 2005, 4:03 am
I've finally gotten around to finishing my Chrome Edition Soldat Mod... Of course, it has a more suitable name now. :)

Basically, I've updated a hell of a lot of stuff (gosteks, sounds, interface, some interface guns, and most of the gun colors.)

This mod is not based on any other game. It's just my idea of a change from the same old soldat stuff i've played with throughout my whole soldat experience. The guns you'll see in this mod do exist in real life. I tried to stay true to the soldat feel, and use the most popular 'fragging game' guns. Most of the sound effects are custom mixed, although i know for certain the death sound effects are from another mod (i'm not sure which)... Please tell me if you know, and i'll give credit where due.

RANDOM CRAP YOU PROBABLY DON'T CARE TO READ

Installation: All you do is open the .zip file using WinZip or WinAce, then place all the folders (Gostek-gfx, etc.) in your soldat directory. Be sure to back up your original files though.

Don't steal. Simple as that. I worked my ass off on this mod, and I'd prefer it if you contacted me via PM before using any of the files in this mod. I'll most likely allow you to use the files, but it puts me at ease if i know you're using them. :)

COOL STUFF

Screens! (thanks for hosting them, n00bfaec!!1)

Weapon Menu Preview

Interface Preview (yay for gore and blood!)

Miscellanious Preview

Extra notes: Those of you interested in knowing what i did on this mod, i'll give you an outline.

Gosteks edited: Made shades an option for your soldier, enhanced other hairstyles. Also added a strap to the helmet, and changed the hat to a beret. The gold chain is now a knife that hangs around your neck. Looks cool, IMO.

Guns: All the guns have changed. New sounds, pictures, and ingame graphics. That simple.

Interface: New, gored up interface for default users

Pickups: Edited the pickups (nades, health, etc) graphics.

Text: edited some basic ingame text.

GET IT!!1

Download from LLSC.US

Compressed Download (thank you AznBlood)

Since hotmail is a fascist organization (i couldn't email meandor my mod... >:o ), i've looked for another host. THNKS NOOBFASE.

TEH MISING CREDITS

Serial Killer - thanks for coloring the weapons! I'm still working out some contrast issues.

N00bface - thanks for hosting. i think i may have also taken your death sound effects :P

The guy who made the henshin mod - I think i stole his stat gun sfx... and his Deserteagle sound effects.

Aznblood - Thanks for the help/constructive criticism.

Anyone else who i may have not mentioned

Cheers,

Rambo_6

Deleted User
June 22, 2005, 4:36 am
more shading plz.

Rambo_6
June 22, 2005, 5:27 am
More contrast you mean? (on the menu guns?)

Deleted User
June 22, 2005, 5:46 am
some of them look h0+++, but others need more contrast/shading. :)

Rambo_6
June 22, 2005, 6:10 am
I'll work on that for release 1.1 ;)

SPARTAN_III
June 22, 2005, 9:29 am
i dont really like teh interface. but the gusn look pwn
and its not 5.6, its 5.56 :P

Deleted User
June 22, 2005, 10:28 am
That's a real nice, catchy mod name you've got there :) I like it.

Deleted User
June 22, 2005, 10:40 am
Could do with some ORIGINALITY.

Rambo_6
June 22, 2005, 3:20 pm
What do you mean? I stated above, all i wanted to do was stick to the classic Soldat feel, but change the guns, etc.

and Spartan, i think that's a typo on my behalf.... It should say 5.56... (maybe i uploaded an older version of the weapons menu...)

EDIT: Uploaded the mod to llsc.us Download it at the top of the page :)

Zero72
June 22, 2005, 9:21 pm
Looks quite nice. Except the interface, really, don't particularly like that. I'll give it a try and report back.

Edit: You lose 10 points for compressing it stupidly. =P

Edit: I don't mean to seem cruel, but there's only one good way to say it: I don't like it. I don't like the knife on the chain, I don't like the tiny jet flames, the pointless radio transmissions, the over-dramatic death sounds, and for GOD's sake fix the huge delay in the knife-slashing sound before that drives me to a migraine. =P

There are things I do like -- the guns look and sound great -- and I know you worked really hard on it, but I'm sorry, I just don't like it much.

Deleted User
June 22, 2005, 10:29 pm
hey, if you wanted, i compressed it to 5.9megs here.

:)

edit: omG!!! t3h sounds!!!

Zero72
June 22, 2005, 10:38 pm
What I meant when I said he had compressed it stupidly was that all of the folders are contained within another folder. It's much more convenient to just be able to extract the archive into Soldat and be done with it than to have to take another step and copy and paste all those folders.

Maybe I'm just lazy, but...

Deleted User
June 22, 2005, 10:44 pm
yeah... well on my link i did that.

Rambo_6
June 23, 2005, 1:47 am
Ah crud, thanks for pointing that out. How did removing the one folder that contains he rest put the filesize down to 5.9? Odd.

Sad to hear you don't like it. However, it's only version 1.0. I can fix that knife sound (I actually have a better sound effect that i was meaning to use). The radio voices i only used because i couldn't think of anything better. The overly dramatic death noises are the one thing that make me laugh. Seeing a small little soldier scream like a grown human just cracks me up (Don't think i'm weird or anything :P)

I'm in need of replacements for the radio voices. If you have ideas, please tell me.

Zero72
June 23, 2005, 1:59 am
You know, the default sounds that go there are just fine in my book. Just putting that out there. =P

Deleted User
June 23, 2005, 3:20 am
quote:Don't steal. Simple as that. I worked my ass off on this mod, and I'd prefer it if you contacted me via PM before using any of the files in this mod. I'll most likely allow you to use the files, but it puts me at ease if i know you're using them. :)

I hope you did'nt steal my dual uzi sounds, I checked out the sounds and the desert eagle sounds sure sound like mine. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and not accuse, but please respond. If you did use mine I dont mind but at least give me some credit

Besides that, the mod looks pretty good. I dont particulary like the weapons set, but they're pretty well drawn, nice job

Rambo_6
June 23, 2005, 4:54 am
The sounds from the desert eagles are as follows:

Reload - i remixed the default reload sounds, as well as added some CS sound effects for flare.

Fire - The sfx i used for this has been around forever. I'm talking like a year ago. I can't pinpoint where i got them, but rest assured that if your uzi sounds were made recently, i didnt use them :P If you're still sure they're yours, i can credit you.

Deleted User
June 23, 2005, 11:08 am
Yeah! FInaly D\l link ! Good job. But its still only a remake. And I think U changed only colors of guns {as U said} but I see only one changed gun. And thats RUGER. Did u changed any other ?
If yes say. I didnt noticed.
But anyway its a good job. ^^
*d\l*

Deleted User
June 23, 2005, 2:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 The sounds from the desert eagles are as follows:

Reload - i remixed the default reload sounds, as well as added some CS sound effects for flare.

Fire - The sfx i used for this has been around forever. I'm talking like a year ago. I can't pinpoint where i got them, but rest assured that if your uzi sounds were made recently, i didnt use them :P If you're still sure they're yours, i can credit you.

No, no, you dont need to credit me, I beleive you. Must just be a common sound then.

Rambo_6
June 23, 2005, 3:29 pm
I did change the M249 and the Ruger, Dairy. I also revamped the stingshot, and added more spice to the AK.

If anyone can suggest a better sfx for the deagles, gimme a shout :p

Deleted User
June 23, 2005, 3:38 pm
i have quite a few gunshot sfx in my collection, but tell me what kind youd like. like two consecutive shots or one loud bang?

Rambo_6
June 23, 2005, 4:08 pm
Preferably something not far off from the deagle sounds i've already got. Two quick bangs should suffice. If you could, PM them to me. =)

Deleted User
June 23, 2005, 4:16 pm
[URL]

note: I DIDNT MAKE THAT SFX. that was bye the dude who made the henchin mod.

Rambo_6
June 23, 2005, 4:21 pm
Cool. Now to change it a bit... I'll fix my creditz.