( search forums )
Configurators
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
Shivorken
June 22, 2005, 12:00 pm
I think that someone should come up with a program that allows you to make your own mod configurator because some people *me* cannot program for crap.

By configurator, i mean something like what Ivan has done and what Marshal should do for his spec ops mod.

Is this possible or not? If it is, it would be appreciated if you beasty programs make one.

Shivorken
June 23, 2005, 12:11 am
lol azn man ... btw, im asian :D

[Edit]: ontopic: soooo ... anyone?

Deleted User
June 23, 2005, 1:40 am
I'd make one but for mine, I dont know how :-/

SPARTAN_III
June 23, 2005, 2:34 am
maybe ask ivan to let you use his?

Deleted User
June 23, 2005, 3:14 am
Well I tried it myself and you cant change the names of the guns or it will mess it up :-/

SPARTAN_III
June 27, 2005, 12:20 pm
what do you mean? all you do is:

say you want to mod the MP5, all you do is go into \MS\2 and find a list of folders, which are the thingies in the configurator under "2"

now, find the file called name.txt (i think) in the "2" folder. the names should be the same as the names of the folders in the "2" folder. now, add a new line or modify an old one to be any name, preferably your weapon name.

once you have done that, if you created a new line, make a new folder in the "2" folder that has THE SAME NAME AS THE NEW LINE YOU JUST ADDED. if you modified an existing line, modify the name of its corresponding folder. now go into the modified folder and modify the files in there. voila.

(if you made a new folder, then remember to use the same layout as in the existing folders)

Deleted User
June 27, 2005, 5:23 pm

Hmm, I tried it and I keep getting an error saying:

Cannot Open File"c\soldatmecha\MS\2\MW_Small Pulse Laser\2.bmp". The system cannot find the specified folder

SPARTAN_III
June 28, 2005, 9:24 am
if you renamed the folder, you must rename the "name.txt" file in the \2 folder accordingly.

Deleted User
June 28, 2005, 2:45 pm
I did, and I changed the 2.txt to the names also. . .

SPARTAN_III
June 28, 2005, 3:00 pm
sorry, its not called name, its called 2.txt or whatever number. the names in 2.txt have to correspond to the folder names.

ahh, the hell with it. gimmie the mod and i'll see what i can do.

Deleted User
June 28, 2005, 6:13 pm
No, I wanna figure this out for myself :p So I was'nt suppose to change the name.txt? Maybe thats what's wrong

SPARTAN_III
June 30, 2005, 10:15 am
look, just let me do it, i know exactly how to do this. plus it would be easier for the community.

Deleted User
July 3, 2005, 10:09 pm
Okay, I figured it out. The only thing I've got a problem with now is, what about when the MS mod has more weapon options than I do?

For example. The MS mod has 3 options for the minigun, I only have two for my mod, how do I get rid of the third? or cant I?

SPARTAN_III
July 8, 2005, 4:15 pm
you can. jst delete the line that is not a folder name in the 0 folder. i think it should work.

btw, did u ask ivan to let you use it? cos we dont wanna piss him off.

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 6:46 pm
Alredy taken care of, he and I are going to make a new configurator for my mod together, should be out soon. Thanks for your help though

SPARTAN_III
July 9, 2005, 12:49 pm
anytime, anytime. cant wait for your new mod.

Deleted User
July 9, 2005, 6:06 pm
Thanks, I sent an email to Ivan to ask for his MSN AIM etc. Still hav'nt gotten a reply back. If this takes to long I may just release all the new features then when I have time add the configurator